Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
jorgebonafe

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by jorgebonafe »

FF, I did some tests, I don't know if you read this:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5843

I'm convinced this has nothing to do with lag. Its like the server is actually slowing down, like the ticks/s rate are about a third of what they should be. I can't imagine why this is happening, but it happens even when I'm alone in the server. Maybe reseting the server more often could help...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Done and restarted. Sorry I could not get to it earlier, was sadly out all day yesterday in the middle of nowhere with almost no connection. :P
Psion

Post by Psion »

Thanks FF, server's operating normally again!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Good to hear. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

bboyblaiser wrote:Not sure if youve been able to see my post from last or, I can't find your reply to it on here so here it is,
Ign: bboyblaiser
I accept all rules and conditions,
My goal is to create a mass community for all to live
Heya,

I did see your post, and added you on the whitelist request list at the time. However, after checking up from your last post, I can see some previous issues on other servers. Sorry, request declined, and removed from the whitelist list.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

FF, does the server have auto restarts, or you have to restart manualy always? Because I estimate it would be best if the server restarted every 6 or 8 hours... After that it starts to get slow again...

This slowdown is really bizarre..
Psion

Post by Psion »

Yeah, the server's back to horrible delay in things. Taking 8-9 seconds to pick up something i threw down again. >.<

This slowdown seems very extreme, i don't remember it having issues like this before now... just the nether issue that randomly forced me off minecraft for hours. And now that issue doesn't occur anymore, but this one is. orz
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Just a thought, but I am beginning to wonder if we have items stacking up somewhere. I know I experienced a similar thing in SP once when I loaded about 10 stacks of logs into my auto sawmill that only had one hopper for collection. Don't know if this is possible, but might explain why it slows down so quickly. Items are being generated faster than they can despawn, making the despawning take even longer.

I have checked all my machines and they are all good (most are waterless anyhow) but it might be a start for trying to figure it out
Psion

Post by Psion »

It's a possibility, but from my own experiences with sand cloners on SMP servers and the occasional failure to idiotproof them (wasn't me, was another player lol), all those entities cause a serious FPS dip to people whenever someone has the chunk of doom loaded. when it isn't loaded, things are fine. I've checked my own machines and they are perfectly fine though.

I feel like it's something different... it's almost like there's a memory leak or something.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Restarted again, I'll go through the logs tonight to see if I can find anything. I'll update tonight as well, at work now. :(

On a side note;
I wasn't online for the last 2 days. I organized a team building day on Monday for my team at work, and as I organized it, it was rather.. tough. :P Full on assault course! W00T! :D Was good, with a long night afterwards as well. No sleep and muscle aches, so went straight to bed yesterday after work. :P
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Wgurgh wrote:Just a thought, but I am beginning to wonder if we have items stacking up somewhere. I know I experienced a similar thing in SP once when I loaded about 10 stacks of logs into my auto sawmill that only had one hopper for collection. Don't know if this is possible, but might explain why it slows down so quickly. Items are being generated faster than they can despawn, making the despawning take even longer.

I have checked all my machines and they are all good (most are waterless anyhow) but it might be a start for trying to figure it out
Your idea of items stacking as a problem brought something to my mind, that I experienced while building my soul urn bottler with connected millstones.
As others already reported the millstones kept working even while the chunk was unloaded, but due to the unloaded chunk the ground netherrack was never transported to the hopper/BD combo of the soul urn bottler, which would have shut off the millstones once the hopper is full. After logging in again after a few hours, there where a few dozen stacks lying on top of the hopper.
If that is the problem, it would explain the symptoms:
Every millstone that is loaded, keeps being loaded and spits out item entitys, that use up memory. That way the server keeps gradually getting slower over time.
It would also explain why nobody finds any items lying around, because as soon as the chunk is loaded again, when they check their machines, the items are transported to their designated location.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Interesting, that would also explain why this mainly happens when there is hardly anybody (or nobody) online.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

FaceFoiled wrote:Interesting, that would also explain why this mainly happens when there is hardly anybody (or nobody) online.
I'm seeing the same sort of thing on my server. Basically, it doesn't seem to matter if it's one person or five people on line, I'm always pushing my ram limit. However we don't have any massive automation going yet, so the item issue doesn't really make sense for me. I was able to tie a server crash directly to jumping into a nether portal with a pretty significant chunk of BTW machinery running. When we removed that stuff from the nether, we stopped crashing.

Edit: I've started a Server Tech Support thread to continue this discussion or other server issues.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5872
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

In case everyone that plays on the server reads this thread, if everyone just remember to turn off their automated machines as they stop playing it should probably help.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Updated to 4.21, default (spawn off - nameplates on)
devaking

Post by devaking »

hi, name's devaking

im 29 years old, and im searching for a friendly BTW server. funny thing , i was waiting for fairy tail last episode to pre-load when i stumbled upon your server.

im a farmer/ nether builder/ automatic machinery type of guys

i do have a familly, so i wont be there 24/7. but i do play at least 1-2 hours a day usually, late at night, and sometimes on the weekends.

i've been playing BTW for a while now so i know my way around.

would love playing with you guys

p.s sorry if the writting is bad, im afrench guy from montreeal. i do my best
Mac

Post by Mac »

Is there a place to donate stuff for the Sky-City build?
The chests at spawn are no longer present which is why I'm asking.
Currently terraforming an area and have therefore a large surplus of dirt that needs a new home.

Also, for those interrested,
I have finished my pottery machine and auto-killn in my new factory building adjacent to my home.

Some picture from the building phase.
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube channel.

Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Heya, that was my bad I moved them but I'll put some chests back near the board now
SuperCraften

Post by SuperCraften »

Hello!
IGN: SuperCraften
I accept all the rules and such!
If I was to be whitelisted I would join some community and try and help my fellow players. I say what's the point in SMP if you live on your own?
Mac

Post by Mac »

There's now a new Ware-house for donations to building project like Sky-City.
Spoiler
Show
Building-Team from left to right Dark_Tundra, Razzle1990 and Marcus1982
Dark and Razzle also build some sort of city wall which actually looks extremely good.
Good job :)

Also, with the hc-names enabled it was quite funny identifying whos who with the skin server apparently acting up
a bit.

Edit: Put picture in spoiler and removed "?" from Dark_Tundras name
Last edited by Mac on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Youtube channel.

Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Mac wrote: Also, with the hc-names enabled it was quite funny identifying whos who with the skin server apparently acting up
a bit.
Poor dark's skin :P but yeah whisp turned up with his default steve skin, and for me marcus had gone to steve skin, and I was confused who was who,
'marcus is the one with the stone brick'
Was what go me pointed in the right direction but yes, hc-names are amusing for when skins don't load :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Minecraft's main website and their login system are currently having issues. This will mean that you may not be able to play on our Minecraft server until it is back online.

---

Looking forward to checking the wall out! Been busy lately attempting to clean my house, this is a strenuous task for me as I hate tidying and cleaning. :P I get distracted really quickly, so after sorting out one room I take a break to watch some tv, and end up watching a full season of a random show. :P Sadly I have to sort the house out, people coming over to drink my booze!

I'll likely be online tonight though, need to do some work on water works for Skycity again. I've been doodling a bit for designs, but it's difficult! :P. I think I've got a winning design though, so stay tuned!
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

Mac wrote:There's now a new Ware-house for donations to building project like Sky-City.

Building team from left to right Dark_Tundra?, Razzle1990 and Marcus1982
Show
Dark and Razzle also build some sort of city wall which actually looks extremely good.

Also, with the hc-names enabled it was quite funny identifying whos who with the skin server apparently acting up
a bit.
Image Fixed
Show
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Haha, that's awesome. I actually had to look twice before I realized what changed. :P

Also, www.FaceFoiled.com has finally been ordered ^_^, now I just need the designers to hurry up with their designs :P. This will just be my personal website, but with a large part dedicated to Edolas for screenshots, video collection, information etc.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Dark_Tundra wrote:
Mac wrote:There's now a new Ware-house for donations to building project like Sky-City.

Building team from left to right Dark_Tundra?, Razzle1990 and Marcus1982
Show

a bit.
Image Fixed
Show
Thanks for fixing the Image Dark.

Also I think that Hc-Names should stay enabled, it does lead to some quite interesting experiences and Situations
as outlined above.

My Auto-Kiln which I dub "Omni-Kiln Mk.I" is now fully operational with separate controls for each component
including control lights.
Spoiler
Show
By the way, does someone remember who's structure this is.
Spoiler
Show
My Youtube channel.