New Release! (BTW V3.40)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Phantum

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.40)

Post by Phantum »

Sarudak wrote:Sounds more like a plauge then a tree...
its worse than a plague.

If you let the tree get too big you litterally cannot get rid of it because it keeps expanding too fast.

I let one grow for 4 hours, and when I came back to it it was so massive I had to cry :(

I HATE these trees! T.T

:P
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Fallen Sun Gaming Administrator
-It's not about what you've got, it's what you make of what you've got.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Can't you just burn them to the ground?
Zhil

Post by Zhil »

Deepsniper wrote:Can't you just burn them to the ground?
As mentioned, burning the trees makes them drop saplings, that replant themselves, so if you burn one, multiple new ones take its place :)

It's genious
Come join us at Vioki's Discord! discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Can it escape from an enclosed area?
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

is there ANY upper limit to its growth? Like, can you flee from it and start anew, or will it eventually consume the entire map?

Well, either way, you can always go through the nether and never let those chunks ever load ever again.

EVER.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Sarudak wrote:Can it escape from an enclosed area?
Mine all have :/

I'm so glad I backed up my HCB world, cause I planted one above ground in the middle of my town, and 1 in the nether just outside my base >.< It was nasty...

And you can't burn them fast enough.

I tried that, but they kept replanting, and it doesn't burn everything, so even if you miss 1 piece of wood, it will all come back o.o

It's worse than portulaca!

lolol
Last edited by Phantum on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Mr_Hosed

Post by Mr_Hosed »

Gilberreke wrote:
As mentioned, burning the trees makes them drop saplings, that replant themselves, so if you burn one, multiple new ones take its place :)

It's genious
Genious, sadistic, evil. Definately a FlowerChild invention :) I love 'em.

Screw stupid "nether trees" that are just regular trees that grow in the nether. Nope! We need a tree of souls that spreads across the nether like a plague! Sounds like people are beginning to get my reference on my screenshot post earlier. "Dear God, what have I done?!"
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

Mr_Hosed wrote:
Gilberreke wrote:

It's genious
Genious, sadistic, evil. Definately a FlowerChild invention :) I love 'em.

Screw stupid "nether trees" that are just regular trees that grow in the nether. Nope! We need a tree of souls that spreads across the nether like a plague! Sounds like people are beginning to get my reference on my screenshot post earlier. "Dear God, what have I done?!"
Try making a normal, non automated tree farm (where you plant saplings in a large area in a lot of rows. Then walk away for several hours.

It's disgustingly entertaining to come back to, even though it sucks :P
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Gilberreke wrote:

It's genious
Thanks man :)

Now we're getting it...of course, there is one final piece to the puzzle...
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Ninja's: Oh yes you can, It is called FIRE! just be weary if a sapling lands on a soul sand block it plants and it will grow after about a few minutes. Also I think i finally figured out the special thing FC been talking about.

The tree has a soul, it Gives you a very powerful gift an over abundance of soul dust for the help in making soul urns, as well as automating tree farming. But this gift comes at a very noticeable price.

You have to work with it, learn to control and contain it, it like a weed fire wont stop it and you can have serious issue if you don't contain it. It will over run you and there a lot of work involved in containing it. The Fun part of the tree isn't in ways of automating the farming aspect, but automating the "pruning and reproducing" if you think of it that way.

My idea is setting up a timer that set of several hibachi around the tree with a floor of soul sand. The biggest issue is cutting down all the logs then having to burn the leaves so you can plant more. Bravo FC you really have added something that going to prove to be a lot of fun trying to automate.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

You know what's really awkward though? You can automate it with the wall of saws. No complex wiring, no fun with pistons, just a 3x7 wall of saws. Maybe make it a touch wider for more saplings. And any other method I can think of runs the risk of it overrunning everything if you go afk for too long.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

FlowerChild wrote:
Thanks man :)

Now we're getting it...of course, there is one final piece to the puzzle...
o.o
Stormweaver wrote:You know what's really awkward though? You can automate it with the wall of saws. No complex wiring, no fun with pistons, just a 3x7 wall of saws. Maybe make it a touch wider for more saplings. And any other method I can think of runs the risk of it overrunning everything if you go afk for too long.
Unless it grows through your wall of saws...
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:You know what's really awkward though? You can automate it with the wall of saws. No complex wiring, no fun with pistons, just a 3x7 wall of saws. Maybe make it a touch wider for more saplings. And any other method I can think of runs the risk of it overrunning everything if you go afk for too long.
That's entirely intentional. Going back to Battosay's original suggestion, this thing *is* very easy to automate as it doesn't suffer any of the awkward problems associated with the other MC trees in terms of not being able to easily grow in a confined space. This thing will happily grow just about anywhere (well, in the Nether anyways).

The only real trick is knowing that you absolutely have to confine it, or as people are beginning to discover, you run into some rather interesting difficulties.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:
That's entirely intentional. Going back to Battosay's original suggestion, this thing *is* very easy to automate as it doesn't suffer any of the awkward problems associated with the other MC trees in terms of not being able to easily grow in a confined space. This thing will happily grow just about anywhere (well, in the Nether anyways).

The only real trick is knowing that you absolutely have to confine it, or as people are beginning to discover, you run into some rather interesting difficulties.
Just an observation though, you can grow it in the over world, although you do have to soul urn it and it doesn't keep growing like it does in the nether. My suggestion so it make the nether far more important. The tree should die if you grow it in the over world.
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:Just an observation though, you can grow it in the over world, although you do have to soul urn it and it doesn't keep growing like it does in the nether. My suggestion so it make the nether far more important. The tree should die if you grow it in the over world once you grow it.
I don't see why. Using soul urns in automation wouldn't be in the least bit cost-effective, and there's no way to automate the application process anyways. In the overworld then, these things are strictly decorative.

The Nether provides it with an abundance of souls to absorb and to feed on, while the Urns provide a one time infusion for a burst in growth. I think it all fits together nicely.
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:
kregoth wrote:Just an observation though, you can grow it in the over world, although you do have to soul urn it and it doesn't keep growing like it does in the nether. My suggestion so it make the nether far more important. The tree should die if you grow it in the over world once you grow it.
I don't see why. Using soul urns in automation wouldn't be in the least bit cost-effective, and there's no way to automate the application process anyways. In the overworld then, these things are strictly decorative.

The Nether provides it with an abundance of souls to absorb and to feed on, while the Urns provide a one time infusion for a burst in growth. I think it all fits together nicely.
that's true I didn't think of that. BTW not sure as I never really observed the nether and XP from mobs there, But is this thing boosting the amount of XP mobs drop or just increasing there spawn rate around the tree. I swear the creative world I am testing in I can't kill pigmen fast enough more keep spawning just as fast as they die.

and for fun the tree of souls.
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by kregoth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

I think this is subliminal messaging about the dangers of genetic engineering....
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

Well, this may well be your finest creation so far.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Phantum

Post by Phantum »

kregoth wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:

that's true I didn't think of that. BTW not sure as I never really observed the nether and XP from mobs there, But is this thing boosting the amount of XP mobs drop or just increasing there spawn rate around the tree. I swear the creative world I am testing in I can't kill pigmen fast enough more keep spawning just as fast as they die.

and for fun the tree of souls.
Spoiler
Show
That's almost 1/4 as big as mine was! :P
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Phantum
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

kregoth wrote: and for fun the tree of souls.
Spoiler
Show
Oh gods above and below....

I'm going to have to be very careful with this... though I can see it making travel through the Nether faster safer if you grow it big enough to make massive leafy bridges over those wretched lava lakes.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ribky wrote: Oh gods above and below....

I'm going to have to be very careful with this... though I can see it making travel through the Nether faster safer if you grow it big enough to make massive leafy bridges over those wretched lava lakes.
Makes me wonder how resistant blood leaves are to ghast attacks. >_>
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

kregoth wrote:and for fun the tree of souls.
Your real problem begins when it grows into that nearby lava-flow in the screen-shot ;)
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

Oh it is way bigger than this This is half the tree the other side is easily just as big. Not only that, this is from 3 tree's planted right next to each other. The damn thing kept growing next to lava falls and replanted in spots. It is insane how invasive this tree gets if kept unchecked.
Last edited by kregoth on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

morvelaira wrote:Makes me wonder how resistant blood leaves are to ghast attacks. >_>
At the worst you'll have a bunch of saplings planting themselves as you plummet into the hell lake from your burning leafy tunnel of souls.

Stupid griefing ghasts ;P
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Do they grow through all solid matter? Is there anything that can stop them?