Show us your Nether Builds!

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Panda

Show us your Nether Builds!

Post by Panda »

So i love going to the forums for things like inspiration, and the show us your builds thread is Awesome, however though, very little about the nether.
I always have trouble making interesting aesthetics in the Nether so i ask you to show off your Nether world and/or builds.
Note try to make sure that some BTW builds are shown in the pics.
Never say no to Panda.
sky_demon

Re: Show us your Nether Builds!

Post by sky_demon »

I can't show my build at the time, but it looks really awesome when you make pretty good aesteticly hellish looking base on nether ceiling above lava ocean :P Looks really neat. But the problem is that when that new horizontal windmill appeared i need to fully change my design :/ Anyways i'm also in the line waiting to see other people nether builds ^_^
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

It's not exactly in the nether but meet Barry, creating creatures out of netherrack is fun!
Spoiler
Show
Edit: Forgot to mention Dark_Tundra was the architect it's just my portal.
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Razzle wrote:It's not exactly in the nether but meet Barry, creating creatures out of netherrack is fun!
Spoiler
Show
Edit: Forgot to mention Dark_Tundra was the architect it's just my portal.
Damn... Looks stuning ^_^
SufficientAnonymity

Post by SufficientAnonymity »

This is my Nether hub. The core of it is a pigman drop trap. The ugly great lump off to the side is my ghast spawner/trap/safe killing zone thing. Surrounding the fall trap shaft (the pigmen are moved into it by pistons so all the drops end up in a 3x3 zone despite spawning pads that must be over 20x20) is my storeroom along with mushroom, bloodwood and netherwort farms. I haven't got much automation out there yet so I don't work much there, meaning that most of the drops accumulate just from walking back and forth through the hub when I go to my End base or to the blaze farm that's a few hundred block away from the hub. The vertical wind mill mount is very much a stop-gap measure. I think it looks ugly as anything at the moment so I'll have to prettify it somewhat (though that means venturing out and getting shot at again)
Spoiler
Show
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:This is my Nether hub.
Wow man. You certainly have an eye for structure design! That is quite amazing! Did you have an island of nether rack to start with or did you have to build up from gravel/sand dropped into the lava?
SufficientAnonymity

Sand, gravel and pain. Especially the last one.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

That's....that's gorgeous, if you don't mind, I might steal some of your architectural designs when I start building my nether fortress.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Nether Hub
Whoa and I only get to see this after I finished teraforming a large part of the Nether.

Now I wish I built a fort like that instead.
Spoiler
Show
It's a really big chunk, what I did not teraform I grothed. My nether is either lush green or slaughter red. The tower's for letting my bloodwood grow, I'll remove it eventually and the pigmen farm will go there.

I'm kinda happy with the portal room/wart farm.
SufficientAnonymity

Seeing as the Nether Hub got a pretty good reaction, here's my Overworld vault system. It's very extensive so I don't come out other than to get clay and to do the mad dash back inside after going to the End.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Seeing as the Nether Hub got a pretty good reaction, here's my Overworld vault system. It's very extensive so I don't come out other than to get clay and to do the mad dash back inside after going to the End.
Post this in the "show us your builds topic" its quite impressive!

Link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3574
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Seeing as the Nether Hub got a pretty good reaction, here's my Overworld vault system. It's very extensive so I don't come out other than to get clay and to do the mad dash back inside after going to the End.
You're an idiot.
Where were you for all this time, and why are you only posting now ?
I think I love you already ;)
August West

Post by August West »

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing
SufficientAnonymity

Thanks, I've added a few more screencaps and information in the last few minutes. Enjoy.

EDIT: And that's high praise indeed coming from you Battosay :D You, Etho and CNB are the trio of YouTubers that I love to watch build and take a lot of inspiration from.
Anamirian

Post by Anamirian »

I simply must ask, which texture pack are you using? It looks like John Smith's, but some things look.. different
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Well it doens't really look all that nice but this is my bloodwood farm. Pretty simple and not really self-sustaining (I'm working on a way to get a lot of saplings more easily) but it works for what I need.
Spoiler
Show
Tompa974

Post by Tompa974 »

Just wow! That vault base of yours are awe-inspiring. Now I want to do something similar :o Very good job!
SufficientAnonymity

@Anamirian

I'm using JohnSmith's that I've edited quite a bit, so it's diverged from the much darker style his pack has taken on as of late.
Iakovosian

Post by Iakovosian »

SufficientAnonymity wrote:Seeing as the Nether Hub got a pretty good reaction, [...]
Wow, just wow! If only there was a way you could take us on a guided tour of your chambers, that would make a very good thing to watch indeed.
"It's like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences."