Villager's based off beds instead of doors

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Calo290

Villager's based off beds instead of doors

Post by Calo290 »

I found a thread started by an individual on reddit, and since reddit obviously isn't always the best place for an intellectual conversation, I was curious what ya'll's take on this idea would be.

Remember, this is not my idea, nor am I trying to take credit for it. The original thread can be found here. I won't go into all the specifics since you can just read the OP in the thread, so I'll just sum it up here real quick.

The gist of the idea was that villager population, and the location each villager returned to at night and during rains, would be based off a bed instead of a door like it is in the current system. This would effectively allow for underground villages, more even distribution of villagers at night, and villager farms would actually look like barracks/dorms more or less.

So, again, I'm curious as to this communitie's take on it. I personally love the idea, while it would make bed mores obtainable for personal use, I feel it would also give wool a greater purpose since honestly most of it's vanilla uses consist of making a few beds for yourself and decorative blocks. I feel this would also increase the aesthetic value of village farms as oppose to a mass of doors. And honestly, living near a village in-game as I am, anything that keeps the villagers from all using the same stupid house at night makes me smile.

Note: This is not a suggestion for BTW in any way, shape, or form. This is for vanilla implementation.

Edit: Grammar >.>
Rianaru

Re: Villager's based off beds instead of doors

Post by Rianaru »

Seems like it might be way too difficult to bind a villager to a bed instead of just making them go inside at night time. As far as I'm informed, there's no binding happening at all, but considering that I've only taken a cursory glance at the vMC code, I might be wrong.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what'll be happening in hardcore villagers tbh.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion that this is what'll be happening in hardcore villagers tbh.
You think? :)

Posting suggestions to off-topic doesn't make them any less suggestions guys. Please avoid these kinds of threads in the future.
Calo290

Post by Calo290 »

I really did not want this to become a suggestion thread as I saw this as something that should be vMC, but as it seems to be going that way anyway, can a mod go ahead and lock this?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yeah, this is what I thought FC's going to implement ever since the HC beds change - when he mentioned that beds are going to be useful further down the tech tree.