I have a new friend!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
DocHussey

I have a new friend!

Post by DocHussey »

Meet Otis, my new dog. He got his name thanks to his baying and his blonde-ness. (Otis Redding's song "Sittin' on the Dock of a Bay" and the dog, Otis, from "Milo and Otis") He is a Treeing Walker, and comes from a family of great hunting dogs. I was able to get him for free because he has a little bit of a hip problem, causing him to walk a little funny and the breeder thought he wasn't going to be able to sell him as a hunter. I don't care, hes an adorable pup, and I'm looking more for a lounge dog than a hunter lol.
Spoiler
Show
On a similar topic, what sorts of pets do you all have?
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
duartemad

Re: I have a new friend!

Post by duartemad »

A cat and a dog, that are indifferent to each other. Except when eating.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Aww, he's cute! How old is he?

I have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 9 hermit crabs, a tank of brine shrimp, two fish, a pair of shrimp, and some random other stuff.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

He's a shave over seven weeks, just ripe to be taken from his mother. Smart as a whip too.

Now, you have an extremely eclectic selection of animals, where did that come from?
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: a tank of brine shrimp
You mean sea monkeys!!!!??? :)
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

I have a miniature Australian Shepherd (warning, large image):
Spoiler
Show
His name is Hank :)
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

Otis is just the cutest! I hope his hip problem won't end up being a serious medical thing, though!

As for my own pets, collectively we have four dogs. The eldest is a Chihuahua named Tamie that I got when I was 10. She mostly sleeps. Next came some sort of shepard mix named Tinko, although he adopted us against our will. The two youngest that belong to my parents are Rowdy, the asshole chihuahua mix that has scarred nearly everyone in my household, and Coco, the one eyed chihuahua.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Adorable dog, Doc.

I have two cockatiels(birds), one grey and one yellow, they aren't staying with me because my apartment is too cold right now.
Last edited by Caboose on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

While we're on the subject of pets, do younger siblings count?
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Otis is adorable! I only have an old siamese cat.

EDIT: +1 to the above (even though I have none, my cousins that I see often count)
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

2 dogs, and 3 ducks, although there could be incoming ducklings soon.
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

DocHussey wrote:Now, you have an extremely eclectic selection of animals, where did that come from?
I dunno, really. I've always had cats and dogs. I actually used to have a few more, but one of the dogs died and one of the cats is living with someone else now. I love crustaceans, so that's where the hermit crabs and the shrimp come from. Then there needed to be some fish in with the shrimp, and so on and so forth. I used to have a 120-gallon salt water aquarium, but my house flooded back in 2009 and it was destroyed. There were a lot more critters in there. The shrimp and fish are in a smaller one now. Animals are fun.
FlowerChild wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote: a tank of brine shrimp
You mean sea monkeys!!!!??? :)
Yes, I do. I don't know how many there are. They're in one of those sealed ecosphere things, so there isn't really any way to count them. I'd estimate about a dozen or so.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

I have 2 cats, Jade and Topaz.

My family used to be dog people, cats have done something to our brains to change this.

We also feed 1-2 neighborhood cats in the back yard, though, we just took one to the vet to be spayed last week, she is decidly less friendly at the moment.
Dreambolt

Post by Dreambolt »

Well currently I can't have any pets, but at my mom farm there be 4 dogs (2 Great Pyrenees) and 10 cats all together. Yay cats! Gratz on the New Dog DocHussey, he's a cutie.
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Dreambolt wrote:Well currently I can't have any pets, but at my mom farm there be 4 dogs (2 Great Pyrenees) and 10 cats all together. Yay cats! Gratz on the New Dog DocHussey, he's a cutie.
TWO Great Pyranise?! Do you have a small farm just to feed them? Those are some big dogs man. I've always been a dog person, bt my living situation demanded that if I was to have any pets, it had to be a cat at the time. I just can't stand to live somewhere without an animal or two.
Miss_Kat wrote:Otis is just the cutest! I hope his hip problem won't end up being a serious medical thing, though!

As for my own pets, collectively we have four dogs. The eldest is a Chihuahua named Tamie that I got when I was 10. She mostly sleeps. Next came some sort of shepard mix named Tinko, although he adopted us against our will. The two youngest that belong to my parents are Rowdy, the asshole chihuahua mix that has scarred nearly everyone in my household, and Coco, the one eyed chihuahua.
Miss_Kat is... A dog person? Thats interesting. If I didn't know any better, I'd think your family has a chihuahua fetish...
Miss_Kat

Post by Miss_Kat »

DocHussey wrote: Miss_Kat is... A dog person? Thats interesting. If I didn't know any better, I'd think your family has a chihuahua fetish...

Kat is just short for Katarra, which is my usual UN. xD My parents hate cats (and my mom is allergic) so I've never had the chance to be a cat person!

And considering we own this, I'd say you're probably right in your assessment.
Mikko_blu

Post by Mikko_blu »

Meet Sebastion! He's a 10 year old, seal point ragdoll, weighing 25-30 pounds and from head to tail is about 4 feet long! He's been with me since i was a kid, surviving the "Forts" i would build for him.
Spoiler
Show