No more turtles

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: No more turtles

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Well that's a win at least I suppose. Not that it does anything to take care of the damage already done. Seems they'll let anyone be an moderator on MCF. They even wanted me to apply. Go figure.
I think everyone got that message for application man. Even I did, and there's no way I'm impartial enough to be a mod :)
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

FlowerChild wrote:
Sarudak wrote: Well that's a win at least I suppose. Not that it does anything to take care of the damage already done. Seems they'll let anyone be an moderator on MCF. They even wanted me to apply. Go figure.
I think everyone got that message for application man. Even I did, and there's no way I'm impartial enough to be a mod :)
Yeah, if you look in the Forum Support section that message went out to everyone. It was a general announcement that they were hiring new people, not an invitation to specific members.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: I think everyone got that message for application man. Even I did, and there's no way I'm impartial enough to be a mod :)
Heh... Well if the MCF admins are ever interested in disposing of the bottom 90% of their community in a couple weeks I'll be sure to have them give you a call... ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: Heh... Well if the MCF admins are ever interested in disposing of the bottom 90% of their community in a couple weeks I'll be sure to have them give you a call... ;)
Well, yeah. But I'd also be unable to refrain from banning Eloraam and a few other high profile people in the community.

Again, I just would not make a good moderator. I'm far too opinionated for it, and I openly acknowledge it. It requires a lack of bias that I do not possess, and which this guy obviously didn't either.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Yeah that makes sense. I think I would make a good moderator as I (think I) tend to be impartial. Otoh dealing with that much crap on MCF doesn't really appeal to me. I mean I have other more interesting things to do with my time...
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

I'm a moderator on a different forum, but it's a completely different situation from either here or the MCF. There are less than 500 members, and I think we've only ever had to permanently ban one person. I don't think I would do a good job on as large a forum as the MCF.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I used to run a set of forums called The Riddlers Lounge. We branched off of ffonline.com when they wanted people to stop making riddle threads. Being under 200 members on a forum that never really had competition meant I never really had to be impartial. Aside from not having the time to lurk forums much anymore (this is pretty much the only one I use), I'm not sure I would be up for it anymore. I'd probably go nuts with the ban hammer until they demoted me.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

FlowerChild wrote:Just an FYI, after taking it up with the MCF admins and providing ample evidence, the moderator in question has lost his mod privileges.

Anyways, we can at least consider that aspect of all this resolved.
Woohoo! I would have absolutely hated seeing him get away with such a hit to this community with no repercussions
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

BinoAl wrote:Woohoo! I would have absolutely hated seeing him get away with such a hit to this community with no repercussions
Yeah, I was honestly willing to let that part go, but having a moderator on MCF that was actively trying to troll me with his sigs/banners was just going too far.

Moderators are there to resolve those kinds of conflicts, not perpetuate them. Yes, I can be a total dick at times, especially given the massive volume of people I deal with, but that's all the more reason why I need to have impartial referees on hand to sort things out when they get out of control.

Again, I simply would not be a good moderator for MCF :)

Anyways, that part of the problem is resolved, so I think we can safely drop it now.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Since i'm not that active in recent times, i half expected to have my turtle license revoked, after reading this thread i might have preferred that scenario over the current one.

I really had the impression that having the turtle forum had a positive effect and provided a more trusting environment to vent certain issues.

Kinda sucks to see that destroyed, more for you than for each of us individually i can imagine.
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

FlowerChild wrote: Yes, I can be a total dick at times, especially given the massive volume of people I deal with, but that's all the more reason why I need to have impartial referees on hand to sort things out when they get out of control.

Again, I simply would not be a good moderator for MCF :)

Anyways, that part of the problem is resolved, so I think we can safely drop it now.
Your Forum your rules, I don't see a problem to a tentacled ruler :D
But even on MCF I have never read personal Insult from you to another member, not by you or another longtime member of this community.

Perpahbs MCF needs some Mods that just swing the hammer more often.
I have only one post down there because I am so so pissed of there.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done