Modloader

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
walker_boh_65

Re: Modloader

Post by walker_boh_65 »

destineternel wrote:
Spoiler
Show
unless this is just a credit to MCP team.
Now which sounds more likely to you?
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Well the way Searge has been pimping FML as of late I would think prior not latter.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Me and Searge had a long chat via IRC earlier today and seem to have at least established an (uneasy) truce, after almost coming to a flame war on MCF before then.

I have a great deal of respect for Searge and the MCP team, which is why I didn't want it to devolve into that. He provides an invaluable service to the modders, and I'd ask everyone here to be respectful of both him and his work during this discussion.

Yes, the line is getting a tad blurry between Forge and MCP, but after talking to him, I see no reason to think that will impact the ongoing development of the mod.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

cool! I will avoid further discussion then.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Admittedly, the ML thread is now causing me to lose it. The massive tasteless pimping of FML is completely out of control.

In Risu's shoes, I think this would be the point at which I would post a final "Go fuck yourselves" to the entire community.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

Yea, I ended up posting something about it and then that one guy posts more forge stuff. GAH@%#
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:Yea, I ended up posting something about it and then that one guy posts more forge stuff. GAH@%#
Yeah man, it's really fucking disrespectful. I've been making the point against Forge recently that the overly competitive nature of the developers is a big con against it, and that thread is becoming a huge illustration of what I mean.

Not that anybody in the community gives a shit about anything to do with ethics.
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

well I'm against forge 100% now just due to the obeservations I've made since since 1.2.5. The constant appearance of forge people in places where forge discussion really doesn't belong. And I heard a developer of a forge mod last night on a livestream take shots at "compatibility with forge" and "and forge killed his puppy" which I took as a subtle shot. I might have taken it out of context but that is how it sounded to me.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

destineternel wrote:well I'm against forge 100% now just due to the obeservations I've made since since 1.2.5. The constant appearance of forge people in places where forge discussion really doesn't belong. And I heard a developer of a forge mod last night on a livestream take shots at "compatibility with forge" and "and forge killed his puppy" which I took as a subtle shot. I might have taken it out of context but that is how it sounded to me.
Oh, I think the whole Forge community wants me dead after the past few days, so that comes as no surprise ;)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

I just find it really sad. Minecraft modding should be a big fun community effort. It SHOULD be something everyone can get behind and work together on. It doesn't matter if one person uses one base, and another uses something else. The end result should be good mods and teamwork. I understand that different bases can make mods incompatible but again, that shouldn't matter.

It is also very rude. Modloader was the first modding standard and it has always worked well. Forge was a noble idea, but now it has become a case of "You're not part of forge? Well you're an idiot and a nobody then!". To do this to Rigusami who, lets face it, established a fantastic standard that even Forge is based upon is downright rude. It is shameful to see and embarrassing for programmers and developers everywhere.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I really don't see why we care so much. Whatever happened to the whole: "You don't like BTW? That's fine. Fuck off." Mentality?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

tom_savage wrote:I really don't see why we care so much. Whatever happened to the whole: "You don't like BTW? That's fine. Fuck off." Mentality?
It was replaced by "you don't like us caring about this? That's fine. Fuck off." :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

tom_savage wrote:I really don't see why we care so much. Whatever happened to the whole: "You don't like BTW? That's fine. Fuck off." Mentality?
There was an addendum: "You don't like Risu. That's fine. Fuck off."

Edit: Pretty much ninja'd by FC.
haphazardnuke

Post by haphazardnuke »

Dude, the scope of this is beyond BTW. We're dealing with possibly the death by nephew of MODLOADER, the standard for mods for over two years now. Even Forge got its start benefitting from Modloader. For them to essentially steal the essence of Modloader and then start promoting their theft on Risugami's territory of all places... that's horrible. Nobody wants that sort of thing to happen to them. I feel Risugami is fully justified in leaving the modding scene entirely, but then Forge would "win", wouldn't they?

Forum Ninjas. Forum Ninjas everywhere.
PizzaSHARK wrote:It's fun trying to quietly assassinate your kids and family members
mneMoose

Post by mneMoose »

Flowerchild,
Thank you for caring about this. Thank you for doing this because of the respect you have for the people around you, and not for the petty reasons you are accused of by your naysayers. I don't usually post, but you need to be thanked for giving people the respect they deserve. So, once again,
Thank you,
-Micah
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

FlowerChild wrote:
It was replaced by "you don't like us caring about this? That's fine. Fuck off." :)
Lol. Message received XD

Also, I ended up posting this in the wrong thread. I meant this more about the inner drama between BTW and Forge, not so much the Risugami crap going down. That is nothing to be taken lightly.
Last edited by tom_savage on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

haphazardnuke wrote:I feel Risugami is fully justified in leaving the modding scene entirely, but then Forge would "win", wouldn't they?
They already have man, and I strongly suspect Risu knows this.

Forge *has* taken over the mainstream modding scene. There's only one notable hold out to it ;)

I'm willing to remain an isolated and largely despised hold-out on principal alone, but I don't expect anyone else to. However, them having already won makes their behavior all the more distasteful IMO, as there's really no practical justification for it. It's just blatant dickery.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

tom_savage wrote:Also, I ended up posting this in the wrong thread. I meant this more about the inner drama between BTW and Forge, not so much the Risugami crap going down.
You would have gotten the same response :)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

omg! modloader updated! no more pimping of that other thing. *wiggles*
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Go Risu!
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all means, do not use a hammer.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Excellent timing actually. I was 5 base-classes away from finishing my integration and was starting to wonder what I would do next.

That answers that question :)
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Awesome!

Looks like just this morning at least 20 posts were hidden in that thread, mostly just back and forth about FML.