Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Peach774

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by Peach774 »

IGN - Peach774
I would love to play and will not hack or cheat. I want to enjoy BTW to its fullest.
Mr_CheeseUK

Post by Mr_CheeseUK »

Hi, I'm interested in joining your server.

IGN: Mr_CheeseUK

I'm pretty new to BTW and am looking forward to seeing others' creations, learning the finer points of machinery and automation and having a go at building my own!
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Spoiler
Show
Two images of my nether portal... Dark_Tundra created Barry :)
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

Razzle wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Ahh, this is the entrance to the treasure cave on Aladin. Thanks for the nostalgia attack :)
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Looks really great! :)

Although wouldn't it make more sense to make the tongue out of concentrated hellfire blocks or something? I can imagine the soulsand getting kind of annoying, if you use the portal regularly.
Razzle

Post by Razzle »

Whisp wrote: Although wouldn't it make more sense to make the tongue out of concentrated hellfire blocks or something? I can imagine the soulsand getting kind of annoying, if you use the portal regularly.
I would but I don't have any :P I may change it later on though :P
devaking

Post by devaking »

Razzle wrote:
Spoiler
Show
sweet. this is one nice creation. this will make for a nice one , when 1.4 hits, knowing all entitie will be able to cross portal...

but still.. really sweeeet
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

WhispOnRampage and I worked together yesterday to build something that I thought might be appreciated by those both local to myself and Whisp (Psion and Cueball). I present: East Branch Rail Station!
Spoiler
Show
Station exterior shot.

Interior, showing the platform, and track selection buttons.

Close-up of the track selection buttons.

The redstone behind the scenes. This design is based on necramar's 4-way track switcher.
There are two RS NOR latches, plus a third, hidden underneath.

The outputs of the 3 RS NORs are then fed into a series of AND gates, and a funny little repeater/inverter device. May seem confusing, but that's because I was doing most of it from memory, and accidentally built it backwards...

Here's the pez-style cart despenser, which Whisp added. We were thinking of making something BD-based, but couldn't figure out a good design.

And, here's the switch yard. Lines go from left to right, corresponding to the buttons inside. (If you're facing the station, it's reversed. Buttons go from left->right, corresponding tracks from right->left.)

It's a looooong way back to spawn.
@FF, how hard would it be to add a line to Main Town Station? If you're already maxed on destinations, I can see about setting up a small switching platform on one of the existing lines. Those types of modifications aren't too difficult.

@Everyone: Those that would like to help, let me know. We'll also need some resources for the actual track. Gold is probably going to be the most difficult to come by.

@ Cue and Psion: Both of you are welcome to build tracks from your respective bases. I had figured that this would be a more "scenic route" between each of the bases in our "neighborhood". While it's easy to just jump from nether portal to nether portal, for some reason I got an itch to play with minecarts. :P
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Looking good :). I can't add a new line itself, but there are several not used at the moment.

Server itself is down; sadly not something that I can fix, as the whole connection to the server rack is down. Trying to get it sorted
ServantOMallard

Post by ServantOMallard »

@Everyone: Those that would like to help, let me know. We'll also need some resources for the actual track. Gold is probably going to be the most difficult to come by.
I don't have much in the way of materials but more than happy to lend a hand once the servers back up
I must respectfully decline your request with massive explosions
Psion

Post by Psion »

I don't think i'll connect my base to your station... yet. But that's mainly because there's nothing of note to connect to. XD

I'll certainly plan with your station in mind though! now then, which future room to connect it too... /ponder
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Server update;

Our machine blade40 has suffered SSD failure and all services on it are currently offline. We are working as quickly as possible to replace the SSD and restore services. We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, and thank you for your patience.

(Blade40 being the blade that runs Edolas)
Mac

Post by Mac »

FaceFoiled wrote:Server update;

Our machine blade40 has suffered SSD failure and all services on it are currently offline. We are working as quickly as possible to replace the SSD and restore services. We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing, and thank you for your patience.

Somehow I smell trouble coming our way since they failed at performing much smaller tasks before
and an SSD failure sounds like a serious problem to me.
But on the other hand, maybe we get lucky and nothing serious happens.
My Youtube channel.

Psion

Post by Psion »

I hope we got a recent backup that's not on that server blade? D:

Also, i guess that probably explains the shitty slowness of the server recently... our server hardware was failing. >.<

not that occasional server resets are a bad thing regardless!
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

FaceFoiled wrote:Server update;

Well, that's poopy. Hopefully things get fixed, soon. I was just making some adjustments to East Branch when the crash occurred. I would hate to have all that hard work go poof... :<
Psion wrote:I don't think i'll connect my base to your station... yet. But that's mainly because there's nothing of note to connect to. XD

I'll certainly plan with your station in mind though! now then, which future room to connect it too... /ponder
That's fine. I had also been considering the possibility of making a separate shipping depot for chest carts. A very simple modification, needing only a stone and obsidian detector rail, and another RS NOR.

ServantOMallard wrote:I don't have much in the way of materials but more than happy to lend a hand once the servers back up
That would be great! Currently, the biggest task is running the path to spawn. As EBS is over 3km from Main Town, this could take plenty of time, and many runs back and forth for stone brick. :P
Psion

Post by Psion »

I built a rail on my old server from spawn to my old base... and that was only half the distance you're covering. ::shudders:: i never want to do that again, especially since most of it was over the sea, and i was building a fancy looking stone brick bridge with arches and everything. it took foreeeeever, and i never hated underground ravines under the sea so much as i did then, having to sink pillars down to like y=20.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Psion wrote:I built a rail on my old server from spawn to my old base... and that was only half the distance you're covering. ::shudders:: i never want to do that again, especially since most of it was over the sea, and i was building a fancy looking stone brick bridge with arches and everything. it took foreeeeever, and i never hated underground ravines under the sea so much as i did then, having to sink pillars down to like y=20.
Yeah, I'm not bothering with that much detail. :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Hiya,

Bit of an update on the server; It's still down. ^_^, but I guess you may have noticed that already. I am still not able to connect to the server rac at all, which likely means that they have not replaced the SSD yet or simply not connected it properly (which would be rather hard to do :P).

I've sent in some other tickets to contact them concerning this, all have been escalated to their tech support and not answered yet. I'll keep you updated though.

/update
Multiplay wrote:We're working on replacing the SSD in this machine later today. We'll update Clanforge news as soon as this is complete and can credit your account for the lost time.
Well, at least it should be sorted today. I wonder why it has taken so long though.. Oh well. :P

/update 2

So that did not happen yet. Contacted them again.

/update 3
Multiplay Clanforge (twitter) wrote: ‏@FaceFoiled I'm really sorry for the delay with blade40. It should be fixed today!
To which I replied;
@clanforge Thanks for the update, but I was told the same thing yesterday in a ticket reply. Will wait and see.
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

hmm, this does not bode well. Also, sorry havnt been on in a while, since i accidentally blew up y 4X kiln on accident, tho thats not the reason. Got a promotion at work(before my first 90 days were up in fact :D ) , and they changed my hours around so that i work wendsday-sunday, with monday and tuesday off. If i keep this up, it wont be long before im an assisstant manager WOOT!! ^_^
Dark_Tundra

Post by Dark_Tundra »

I'd like to be the first to say; the server is back, and the nether (from what I've seen) hasn't been erased.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That is good to hear, and see. I'll leave it on 4.21 for now - updating in about an hour (in case anybody needs to do anything beforehand).
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

FaceFoiled wrote:That is good to hear, and see. I'll leave it on 4.21 for now - updating in about an hour (in case anybody needs to do anything beforehand).

I'm done what I needed to do. Just had to redo some of the adjustments I was making to EBS before the crash, and also got my auto-feeder back online. :)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Almost forgot, updated to 4.22 last night.
Mr_CheeseUK

Post by Mr_CheeseUK »

Are you taking applications to join the server?

If so then I'm interested!

IGN: Mr_CheeseUK

I'm pretty new to BTW and am looking forward to seeing others' creations, learning the finer points of machinery and automation and having a go at building my own!
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

It is our pleasure to announce that East Branch Rail Co. has reached phase one completion of the "Blue Line" rail, running from East Branch Station, to a junction point along the "Yellow Line" of Main Town Station. Travelers heading out-bound on the Yellow Line should continue to go south at the first junction, and then select the Blue Line at the second junction, to visit East Branch.

Phase One represents the first milestone of East Branch Rail Co., wherein the Blue Line is suitable for travel during the day. However, surveys of existing track, particularly along the Yellow Line have concluded that night-time travel is extremely dangerous, and inadvisable. Please bear this in mind, and be patient as East Branch Rail Co. coordinates with track managers to ensure a safe and pleasant trip, for rail passengers, day or night. :)
Spoiler
Show
In other words, holy hell. I understand that nether travel has made over-world railways all but obsolete, but it's probably going to take at least 4 double-chests full of fences to make these rails passable for an entire trip. Based on my calculations, it would take 1.2 in game days to ride the length of rail between Main Town and East Branch. The Blue Line can be easily secured, as much of it is suspended rail, only meeting the terrain at certain segments. However, the Yellow Line will represent a significant challenge, as a large portion of it runs with the terrain. With your permission, FF, I would like to consider the possibility of re-designing the rail from Main Town, either taking it underground along certain stretches, or suspended. Otherwise, I'll start putting my sawmill to task on all of the moulding I'll need.