simple auto hemp farm controller good for low end PC's

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
BigShinyToys

simple auto hemp farm controller good for low end PC's

Post by BigShinyToys »

This allows you access to the back of the farm as well as being compact and fairly cheep.
Spoiler
Show
This takes the constant on from the Detector Block and produces a short pulse. The pulse activates the pistons harvesting the hemp.

multiple rows can be stacked on a slope to make uses of the water source for longer.

from my legit BTW world.
Spoiler
Show
this has a filter for seeds and a millstone underground powered by a wind mill near by.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Re: simple auto hemp farm controller good for low end PC's

Post by Sarudak »

I always use lens based auto hemp farms. Assuming that you have a few diamonds (which you typically do by the time you have the steel for an anvil for a block detector). What advantages does this design give you to make up for the lost efficiency?
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

Sarudak wrote:I always use lens based auto hemp farms. Assuming that you have a few diamonds (which you typically do by the time you have the steel for an anvil for a block detector). What advantages does this design give you to make up for the lost efficiency?
No diamonds requited.Less FPS drops due to longer break between harvest and it is simple.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

I just go with a sugar cane clock hooked up to all my pistons. only one DB and BD required that way :).
Arandia

Post by Arandia »

I'm personally considering using a simple redstone timer as my only means of control -- sure there's a bit of a productivity hit, but then I can just plant more hemp :).

Plus, this will let me build a 100% automated hemp farm and associated chickens/feathers/wolves/dung all with sub-hibachi-tech. Given that I'm toying with the idea of trying out anarchy multiplayer, a few good and simple low-tech builds might be good to know.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

I use a BD instead of a piston in the first position(where the DB is detecting), this way I can hook a DB directly to it and the pistons as well without any extra redstone.