Vanilla Anvil inbound

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Donzaffi

Re: Vanilla Anvil inbound

Post by Donzaffi »

Just a question, if you throw the Anvil out, can you use the ID for a mod block ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

jakerman999 wrote:This would be why you created stakes, rather than inplementing the functionality into the tripwires? It's the only design decision you've made that I can't see the reasoning behind.
It's a far greater pain in the ass to modify and then maintain existing code than to create my own. Even then, the tripwire metadata usage wouldn't have provided enough space for the various stake orientations and such.
Donzaffi wrote:Just a question, if you throw the Anvil out, can you use the ID for a mod block ?
No.
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

FlowerChild wrote:There's nothing in there that the mod doesn't already do
The vMC anvil allows for the naming of items, something not included in BTW.
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

The great randomo wrote:
A redundant feature, You use it when its new but it gets very fast annoying
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Donzaffi wrote:
The great randomo wrote:
A redundant feature, You use it when its new but it gets very fast annoying
Redundant doesn't mean what you think it means.

The naming feature will be nice for people who like to invest in the history of their worlds; immortalising various things that epic stuff happened around. It's not a technical feature, but it's nice in the same way writable books are nice. It's the repair and combine feature that was badly designed.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

I think the naming feature would be good for Adventure Maps, which means with BTW removing vMC Anvil you'd lose that rather nice feature.

It would also be good in SMP as you can show that they are your tools "Pentagram's Mattock" (non-anarchy servers of course).

You can also improve enchantments on it (Efficiency 4 + Efficiency 4 = Efficiency 5), and retain those amazing tools you (very rarely) get with vMC enchanting.. Example:
Efficiency IV
Unbreaking III
Fortune III
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

Pentagram wrote:I think the naming feature would be good for Adventure Maps, which means with BTW removing vMC Anvil you'd lose that rather nice feature.

It would also be good in SMP as you can show that they are your tools "Pentagram's Mattock" (non-anarchy servers of course).

You can also improve enchantments on it (Efficiency 4 + Efficiency 4 = Efficiency 5), and retain those amazing tools you (very rarely) get with vMC enchanting.. Example:
Efficiency IV
Unbreaking III
Fortune III
For adventure maps, it is already in the snapshots to be able to use NBTEdit to put custom names. Your second point makes sense. I would never use it, but I see the point behind it. The third reason is the whole reason FC is removing it. It is way too powerful and too poorly implemented to be properly balanced.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
Six

Post by Six »

dawnraider wrote:
Pentagram wrote:For adventure maps, it is already in the snapshots to be able to use NBTEdit to put custom names. Your second point makes sense. I would never use it, but I see the point behind it. The third reason is the whole reason FC is removing it. It is way too powerful and too poorly implemented to be properly balanced.
Yeah, a lot of the features they've been putting in lately require NBTEditing to actually access anyway, like mob spawners and mob atributes. I feel the anvil is a kind of awkward spot to access this small part of it and there's more 'naming' data you can can't get to with it, ala http://i.imgur.com/nf4Rb.png. I think I'd prefer the naming functionality to be on the vanilla enchanter to be honest, either letting you name an item for a small arbitrary cost (5 levels) OR put random enchants on something.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I have not played much with arcane scrolls, but I think the basics are the same(from what i know/think)
btw:
Have f*cking much monsters killed to get many scrolls, and add them to one tool.
vmc:
Have f*cking much monsters killed to get good enchantments on various tools, and kill f*cking more monsters to combine them into one tool.

The major difference is that you lose some materials in the vanilla method (even through btw needs more f*ckingmonsters killed.)
luck is a relatively important factor in both systems.(more important in Vanilla)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Shutting this down as it's rapidly getting silly...and annoying.