Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Cool prof! looking forward to it. =)
Prof_Ion

Post by Prof_Ion »

I will be recording episode 2 today but it might not be up till tomorrow as I do not have the greatest internet connection and the fact that you-tube can be a pain in the but it takes about 2 and a half hours to upload a video. so on or two a week at the most!
the first video has a preview of my base :D its pretty cool I somehow built it in probably less than ten hours. [by built I mean implemented the BTW stuff.]
Kaitocain wrote: Snow is not fire, so it can still rain.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

FaceFoiled wrote:Care to try again? :)
Sorted thanks, see you soon!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I was wondering if anybody had a good saw mill that I could use for a bit tonight. I have quite a lot to do..

I am working on Skycity, but before I can do anything up there in regards to BTW construction, I need mechanical power up there. I don't want to rely on the lift, so a waterwheel is the way to go. I'll also need water up there, which is what I am working on now.

Just for the waterscrews to go up there, I will need roughly 135 water pumps to start out with. Which requires the following;
135 gears = 8 planks, 16 gears per plank
135 screws = 1080 Iron ingots
135 Grates = 540 sticks = 270 planks
540 Sidings = 270 planks
(maths might be off a bit, it's early :|)
548 Logs. I am fairly sure I have that, I was quite a fanatical woodchopper when working on the Guild hall. :P, but I will need to convert that. ^_^ The iron ingots will come at a later stage :P.

This doesn't take the axles and gearboxes into account yet, but I am not quite sure how to do those yet and thus, how many to use. Baby steps! :D

For those interested in the progress; I linked up the rails properly now. Edolympics/Skycity/Guildhall selection, with one manual switch near the end to go to the skycity.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FaceFoiled wrote: 548 Logs.

Actually, you can make sticks out of sidings now - so 135 Grates = 540 mouldings = 135 planks.
And 1 log = 4 planks.

So here's the correct amounts (I think):

135 gears = 8.4375
135 Grates = 135
540 Sidings = 270

Together: 103.359375 logs. 104 logs.

Glad to help! :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Psion

Post by Psion »

I do have an auto saw mill at my base you can use FF, roughly around 3000ish, 1000ish. Just take reddrews railway to the end, then backtrack a tiny bit and take the first doorway to find my portal.

Look for a stone structure in front of my wooden building, and go up the stairs to that... there's a block dispenser at the top next to the hopper on the ground. just fill it up with your logs or whatnot, press the button to start it up, and it will dispense and saw everything inside, which will fall down into hoppers to be collected in the chests below.

There's a ton of stuff in the chests already too. feel free to take the planks inside >.o i got a bazillion of them as is, from making sawdust for my mining charges.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Thanks for the correction Itamarcu, that saves a few logs! =)
And thanks for the offer as well Psion, I'll grease up your saw mill and get cuttin'.

Apart from the axles and gearboxes, I think I will need more wood for the waterways themselves. I think I will use wood for that as well, Hmm, possible a siding tube of sorts.. I'll have to experiment with some aesthetics first. =)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Hi FF. I've been setting up the multiplay.co server, and with regards to memory, do I have to set up some kind of bat file? or will it just automatically use as much as I payed for? TY! I think I'm able to figure the rest out for myself, or at least I hope so.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

embirrim wrote:Hi FF. I've been setting up the multiplay.co server, and with regards to memory, do I have to set up some kind of bat file? or will it just automatically use as much as I payed for? TY! I think I'm able to figure the rest out for myself, or at least I hope so.
It will automatically use the available memory for your account. :) Feel free to poke me with questions if you want! :)
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FaceFoiled wrote: It will automatically use the available memory for your account. :) Feel free to poke me with questions if you want! :)
Thanks! Struggled a bit because it was using a bukkit server by default, so the config file generated by them had some strange stuff. But I've got it working now, nice connection and clanforge is pretty easy to use.
Mac

Post by Mac »

To my new "neighbor" on this server.

Please refrain from from digging any further and using that "mining-shaft" which extends under my
home turf.
It's okay to mine but please do not mine under other peoples areas without their permission.

Unless that "tower" you got there serves some as of yet unknown purpose please remove it.

That is all.

Here's a reference picture to clarify which house is meant.
Spoiler
Show
Now then,
Welcome to the server and let's be good neighbors then.

Small addition,
My naturally blue sheep's are missing, if anyone knows what happened to them please let me know.
Found it by pure accident near my plot and to my surprise it was naturally colored,
I knew that it couldn't have come from someone else since I was the only living in the spawn town at that
time and Razzle's place is to far away for it to have come from there.
So it was an incredibly lucky find.
Anyway I'll need a replacement, can you sell one to me Razzle?
My Youtube channel.

Razzle

Post by Razzle »

I may have a spare one... two natural blues will breed a natural blue right? if so you can have one for two wheat :P
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Mac wrote:To my new "neighbor" on this server.

Please refrain from from digging any further and using that "mining-shaft" which extends under my
home turf.
It's okay to mine but please do not mine under other peoples areas without their permission.

Unless that "tower" you got there serves some as of yet unknown purpose please remove it.
Checked it out, tower seemed to just have been to scout the area, was just a pillar. Took it down, gave a cool view of your underwater stuff though. =D
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

so how many iron ingots do u currently need FF? Give me some info on where to drop donations and Ill put a dent in that number.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Razzle wrote:I may have a spare one... two natural blues will breed a natural blue right? if so you can have one for two wheat :P
Two blue sheep will most probably breed another blue sheep.

Anyway, since I don't know if we happen to be on at the same time anytime soon, can you breed one and put it in the
sheep pen at my plot?
You can take take the necessary wheat you want as payment from the single chest at the animal pens
which does have more than enough last time I checked, otherwise simply take it from my field nearby.
Also, thank you for offering your help.

On another note,
since I cannot rule out lightning-strike as cause for the disappearance of my blue sheep's,
which were two normal blue and one light blue, I lightning-proofed my pen.
My Youtube channel.

sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Here's some pics of my new base in the ocean:
Spoiler
Show
I'm rather proud of it. :)
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Looks cool, sarg. Where'd you find the mycelium?
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire
Wgurgh

Post by Wgurgh »

Wow, looks great man! You ought to be proud of it and glad you shared it with us.
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Can my freind Jey be whitelisted? his SC is: Jeysun25
I can vouch for him if need be. ^_^
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

FrostMcloud wrote:Can my freind Jey be whitelisted? his SC is: Jeysun25
I can vouch for him if need be. ^_^
Sure not a problem at all. As you can vouch for your friend, I'll whitelist him when I have a chance. :) At the moment though, my rcon connection is being refused (likely due to work network), so I can't do it until I get home.

-
Added Jeysun25 to the whitelist
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I have been thinking it over, and decided to redo the water stuff going up to Skycity. So everything I did yesterday (part the crafting of stuff :P) will have to be taken down. ^_^ Weeeeee.

Initially I wanted to circle it around the tower to the top, but I am just not please with the way it looks. I did not want to have a 2nd pillar going up, but I will try that anyway. I will have 2 additional pillars going up, one for the water road, and one for redstone stuff (elevator/mechanical power controls).

Ugh, not looking forward to taking it down. :P
Mac

Post by Mac »

sargunster wrote:Here's some pics of my new base in the ocean:
Spoiler
Show
I'm rather proud of it. :)
Yep thats one cool base right there.

Also,
unfortunately I had to move p00f1sh's nether side portal, since it was interfering
with my own portal connection :(
My Youtube channel.

bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

Not sure if youve been able to see my post from last or, I can't find your reply to it on here so here it is,
Ign: bboyblaiser
I accept all rules and conditions,
My goal is to create a mass community for all to live
Psion

Post by Psion »

Hey Facefoiled, i think the server needs a reset or something. Lags been getting worse since yesterday, and today it's to the point where it takes several seconds to pick up an item on the ground. D:
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Psion wrote:Hey Facefoiled, i think the server needs a reset or something. Lags been getting worse since yesterday, and today it's to the point where it takes several seconds to pick up an item on the ground. D:
I second that. I was on the server several times today in the time from 17 hours ago to half an hour ago. Didn't seem to matter how many players were logged in, sometimes there were about 6 or 7 players logged in, the last time I was alone.
I timed my turntable on the third setting and it always took about 13 seconds to turn instead of 2 seconds.