New hardcore chickens feature (spoliers)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
mikeyagoto

New hardcore chickens feature (spoliers)

Post by mikeyagoto »

I was reading through the other discussion pages for the 4.20 update, but I didn't see anything about the hardcore chicken feature besides this post,
darahalian wrote:I just discovered the new hardcore chickens feature.

My thoughts: ... OMFG!! O.O ... LMAO
So just wondering, what have you guys found out?

Pictures, descriptions, and videos all appreciated!

Thanks!

Mikey
Educated_Fool

Re: New hardcore chickens feature (spoliers)

Post by Educated_Fool »

When you have chickens in the nether and you feed them seeds, instead of laying an egg they will explode D:
It is quite graphical, with chunks of chicken and particles flying everywhere.

It appears there is also a chance that this will spawn a ghast, but it could be that this only happens when you let lots of chickens explode at roughly the same time (haven't had the time to test that yet)
I can see clearly now my brain is gone.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Dawww, I wanted to trickle little bits of information till he guessed it himself :(.
Educated_Fool

Post by Educated_Fool »

Poppycocks wrote:Dawww, I wanted to trickle little bits of information till he guessed it himself :(.
Oops, sorry. I like throwing in the whole bucket at once :D
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

I'm intrigued as to know how people discovered this feature so quickly... because, honestly, who would care to have some chickens in the nether ??
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
BobSlingblade679

Post by BobSlingblade679 »

Gormador wrote:I'm intrigued as to know how people discovered this feature so quickly... because, honestly, who would care to have some chickens in the nether ??
I would. Anyway, I don't know how others figured it out but FC said my my nether chicken thread that he was going to soon remove the ability to farm eggs in the nether. A few days later he changes something about hardcore chickens and I put two and two together
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

BobSlingblade679 wrote: I would. Anyway, I don't know how others figured it out but FC said my my nether chicken thread that he was going to soon remove the ability to farm eggs in the nether. A few days later he changes something about hardcore chickens and I put two and two together
Oh, yes, remembering that one now. Makes sense I guess ^^
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Black Rathalos

Post by Black Rathalos »

I heared of some steves living in the nether.. and they need a food source!
therefore they made the way up to the oerworld one last time to get some chickens down to the nether.
But now they have some serious problems... because their chickens can not longer accrete in the hellish nether.

sometimes I thinks FC likes to troll us a bit ;) , but only to make us play the way he likes to see it ;)
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The explanation above of what this does is actually rather inaccurate.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

I'm getting back to MC today, right now in fact, so I'll be able to experience that myself :-)
I hope not to be scared ...
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

If they couldn't accrete wouldn't they just lay raw egg =P

My theory would be they accrete something similar to concentrated hellfire for the eggshell and inside the warm chicken / hot nether it just blows up =D

We need to develop cold chicken/egg theory!
FlowerChild wrote:By responding to this thread you have reserved your place in the next poll.

Your selflessness shall not be forgotten.
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Hotshot wrote:If they couldn't accrete wouldn't they just lay raw egg =P

My theory would be they accrete something similar to concentrated hellfire for the eggshell and inside the warm chicken / hot nether it just blows up =D

We need to develop cold chicken/egg theory!
Wait, before you get into chemicals: Isn't the nether of BTW oft mentioned to be a sort of dumping ground for souls?

What happens when you try to make new life, and thus a new soul, in a dimension that is used to having soul remnants forced into it in large quantities?
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Isn't sulphur easily flammable? Doesn't it smell like rotten eggs? Or I am just being paranoid and there is no logic to it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

The most important part of this feature is the sounds. After you feed a chicken some seeds it starts to cluck like a 78 record being played on a 45 table. This resulted in a hearty "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" over mumble once I finally discovered the change.
Better is the enemy of Good
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

You guys are getting closer, but feeding the chickens actually has nothing to do with it.
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Ok, now I'm getting interested all over again, even after watching a dozen chickens for fifteen minutes at a time to figure out this much. Seriously, I would have been happy with just the demon chicken sound effects even if all that happened was that they never laid any eggs. What it's turning into is an entire adventure all on its own.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

My guess is that the air in the nether is heavily laden with Sulfur and minecraft chickens have no way of expelling the sulfur from their bodies and eventually explode from the sulfur buildup providing us with a way to produce sulfur which we can then use to produce our own explosives once we get bat guano. Mystery solved! Next?
Educated_Fool

Post by Educated_Fool »

FlowerChild wrote:You guys are getting closer, but feeding the chickens actually has nothing to do with it.
I did notice some chicken having quite a interest for lava; as soon as I released them from their pens they walked up to the nearest lavaflow and stood right next to it. Don't know if this is another part of this feature or a complete coincidence?
tom_savage

Post by tom_savage »

I was finding they only exploded when I had seeds in my hand. And yes, they do spawn Ghasts when they explode. Also, my 2 year old son was sitting on my lap when the first one exploded, he laughed and said "cool". He then laughed everytime they exploded after that, so 2 thumbs up for a freaking awesome animation.

Also, I've noticed I can generally get around 2-4 feathers from exploding chickens + an occasional ghast.

Correction: I'm beginning to believe they just explode after being in the nether for an extended period of time.
Confirmation: Yup, they just explode after a while.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

tom_savage wrote:I was finding they only exploded when I had seeds in my hand. And yes, they do spawn Ghasts when they explode. Also, my 2 year old son was sitting on my lap when the first one exploded, he laughed and said "cool". He then laughed everytime they exploded after that, so 2 thumbs up for a freaking awesome animation.
Hehe...thanks man. At the risk of someone deciding to commit me, I actually spent hours testing and tweaking that effect until I felt it was just right :)

tom_savage wrote: Correction: I'm beginning to believe they just explode after being in the nether for an extended period of time.
Confirmation: Yup, they just explode after a while.
Actually, you're missing a crucial stage in that process that gives a big clue as to why it's happening ;)
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

FlowerChild wrote:
Actually, you're missing a crucial stage in that process that gives a big clue as to why it's happening ;)
Should we infer any corporeal living entity brought into the nether is subject to immediate possession by the local demonic inhabitants and ghasts are essentially spawning where the chickens are, consuming their flesh in the process ? This suggests Steve is more than just a man but is immune to the hellish energies that permeate the nether?
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

oh my!, I just saw what happens. I laughed so hard, Flowerchild thanks for the giggles. :) Brilliant!
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

Educated_Fool wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:You guys are getting closer, but feeding the chickens actually has nothing to do with it.
I did notice some chicken having quite a interest for lava; as soon as I released them from their pens they walked up to the nearest lavaflow and stood right next to it. Don't know if this is another part of this feature or a complete coincidence?
This is probably a coincidence due to the fact passive mobs tend to cluster around light sources. That lava is usually the brightest light source in the nether.
Vellt480

Post by Vellt480 »

Is there a logical reason why they explode? I'm not asking what triggers them to explode if it is logical. It's fine if there isn't but it'll help me think why they explode. It can be only a yes or no.
Batman: Wanna know why i make amazing movies?
Superman:...Cause your Bat-
Batman: CAUSE IM BATMAN!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Vellt480 wrote:Is there a logical reason why they explode? I'm not asking what triggers them to explode if it is logical. It's fine if there isn't but it'll help me think why they explode. It can be only a yes or no.
No, as usual, I just randomly do stuff for no reason whatsoever.