[Closed] It takes a Village [World Download]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
SkpFreak

Re: [BTW 4.16] [Friendly Server] It takes a Village

Post by SkpFreak »

im new to the mod and the forums so i was hoping to get in here and find some one that wouldnt mind showing me the ropes.

in game name: SkpFreak

Goal:to help others with there builds and to learn more about how to do stuff in this mod.
Idea:maybe some kind of merchants square.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Scry wrote:Ingame name: Scrynth

I've haven't had much of a chance to play SMP and would like to play on a world where I don't have the option to start over. I have a bad case of "New World Syndrome" and I am very much liking the direction of challenge that BTW is moving towards. And would like to do so in a community setting.
LOL, "New World Syndrome" is exactly why I decided to host a server. Can't exactly back out, now, can I?

Scry wrote:Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Grunt work, help build whatever things may be needed. Not sure what stuff may be still required in town. I've built a few auto farms and some basic semi auto farms in my SSP life. Looking to help where it may be needed.

Offer up any idea for the server: I have no idea :p I haven't been much of an ideas man without a specific situation to solve. As I mentioned earlier playing this in a group setting for this is new to me, and not really having a full grasp of the current situation I am not able to come up a useful idea. As I sit here trying to come up with one for the past 10 minutes.... Perhaps you could have some sort of "Community hall" with a list of things that are needed to be done, be it something someone needs for a building materials or devices that still need to be built.
Good enough for me. I'm working on the Community Hall, but haven't quite gotten around to putting up a list yet.
SkpFreak wrote:im new to the mod and the forums so i was hoping to get in here and find some one that wouldnt mind showing me the ropes.

in game name: SkpFreak

Goal:to help others with there builds and to learn more about how to do stuff in this mod.
Idea:maybe some kind of merchants square.
This is a great place for someone new to the mod. Helping others is a great way to learn the basics.
It looks like we're going to have to get creative expanding the city, great!

Scrynth and SkpFreak, added
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
SkpFreak

Post by SkpFreak »

i cant reach the server is it offline or something?
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

SkpFreak wrote:i cant reach the server is it offline or something?
No, several of us were on. I suppose it could have been in the middle of a restart, but that lasts less than 10 seconds.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Destructo

Post by Destructo »

Ingame name: nickbosland
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Building automated contraptions, help people if the need help with something and having a lot of fun.
Offer up any idea for the server: building multiple villages in different biomes that will be connected with a advanced minecart system.
Sleepyscumbag

Post by Sleepyscumbag »

Application!

In-Game name: sleepyscumbag

My contribution to The Village: No idea (big hemp field+windmill shop?)

Construction ideas: The Auto-Butcher 3000! (Automated butcher and cook)
SkpFreak

Post by SkpFreak »

i dont think it is a restart i have been trying every now and then using the IP in the OP and it always comes up as no signal
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

SkpFreak wrote:i dont think it is a restart i have been trying every now and then using the IP in the OP and it always comes up as no signal
I've got someone on the server right, now. I've also had new folks log in since you posted last night, I don't know what to tell you. :(

Try taking it to tech support.
SkpFreak

Post by SkpFreak »

okay its my side then and i will work on it
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Destructo wrote:Ingame name: nickbosland
Goal for your initial contribution to the city: Building automated contraptions, help people if the need help with something and having a lot of fun.
Offer up any idea for the server: building multiple villages in different biomes that will be connected with a advanced minecart system.
The spawn area is a little smaller that it initally seemed, so expanding to another biome is definitly on my mind already. We need a lot of iron for those rails ;)

added
Balavac

Post by Balavac »

IGN: balavac
goal: helping others and learning about the mod
idea: I'm currently suffering from artist's block, but I would really like to work on those rails =D
aeper

Post by aeper »

The nether could use some work...
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

Our main town has really grown in a week, it looks great!
I like the idea of expanding into many towns. I think the first town was preoccupied on getting the tech up and running. If we do expand to new towns I have some suggestions:

-More function/tech specific buildings (even if that means redundant equipment). Having a bakery, alchemist shop, Smith Shop,...
-Maybe even specific tech districts (Like: tree farm-->lumberjack house-->wood warehouse<--->sawmill)
-More of a small scale aesthetic approach to town buildings. Our current town looks like a fortress :D

Also, if we make multiple towns they need names. Does our main village have a name yet?
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Hey guys, it's only been a week and we seem to be building a great community!

I'd like to focus on the rail network as well, but we need iron.
I want to make a group effort tonight and have a mining project. I think it could be fun to set up something like this, just not quite so regimented: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/830 ... 0%20mining
Any raw materials gathered will be used for (1)rails and (2)to get Random's mob grinder going; the foundation is huge!

....and

balavac, thank you for volunteering :D
You've been added.
The great randomo

Re: [4.16] [Friendly] It takes a Village (PROJECT for Tonigh

Post by The great randomo »

Yeah, I'm going to need a tonne of materials.
The trap is going to be from layers 100-200, with ~ 33 layers (each taking 3 blocks vertically). The spawning pads alone take around 7 stacks of blocks a layer.
4 walls, each 29x100, will each take around 45 stacks.
We're talking 4.5 full double chests for the pads and 3.5 double chests for the walls.
So yeah. don't even talk about removing a large area at the base...
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Sadat-X

Post by Sadat-X »

I might be available to get some mining in tonight. Interesting ideas in that link, by the way.

As far as building new towns, I'm 100% behind it. With the size of our server though, maybe we should keep our initial plans for the number of bases modest. I know you have a nice spot Moonracer. Maybe we could post some screen shots of potential build sites and take an informal vote? With a server of our size, I think we run a risk of over expansion.

I could set up some chest for stone blocks for the spawner, if you'd like?
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I'd love to visit what you've done so far, and take some screenshots for a side-project I have, any chance of being white-listed ? :)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Battosay wrote:I'd love to visit what you've done so far, and take some screenshots for a side-project I have, any chance of being white-listed ? :)
Do you have to ask?
Don't be too disappointed, it's still very much a work in progress ;)
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

removed
Last edited by Marasambala on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

Id like to know why im suspected of xray and flying?
Ive constantly been kicked for flying when im getting so much lag and end up floating in mid air from the lag spikes stopping me mid air
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

removed
Last edited by Marasambala on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

I didnt go straight to the strong hold on purpose i was digging down looking for the cave because i was hearing skeles then i came upon dirt and not having a shovel i turned and ended up running into it,
since you said ive been the only one kicked in a week, that also means that im not the only one it has happened to
bboyblaiser

Post by bboyblaiser »

But i honor your managing of the server and ill go ahead and have this ruin my minecraft whitelist server entries because i can no longer get onto any good whitelist server because of this obvious mistake
moonracer

Post by moonracer »

sadly I will probably not be back on tonight but am into the community mine and rail system. I read a bit from the dwarf mining post and it seemed more hardcore than necessary (especially with BTW iron recycling). I'm curious to see how we pull it off.

If someone sets up a building near the center of town with chests for material requests I will do my part to help fill them. I've been mining in my area a lot so should have a bunch of iron and cobble.

I'm down for shifting town locations if people like. I've already started a new one as some have seen but my initiative was mostly as an aesthetic project, so I wont feel heartbroken if we choose elsewhere :)
SkpFreak

Post by SkpFreak »

marasambala i just want to make sure youre okay with me giving out your server ip in the tech support thread before go ask for help with my connection problem