DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS[4.31] [Mature] [Military Minded]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
Incomitatum

Re: [24/7] DOGS OF THE STATE: KINGDOMS [BETTER THAN WOLVES 4

Post by Incomitatum »

Thank you to those who have put in new applications. I have been out all day, but am back now.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Sneak_E_One,

Lon speaks highly of you. That's great. I hope we can meet you in game soon.

::Edit::

Let it be known that Sneak_E_One was accepted into our ranks.
freetorule

Post by freetorule »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes I have.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? A bit of time, looking around and things.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Texas, United States.
• How old are you? 15
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor?
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
• What is your Minecraft Username? freetorule
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Team Fortress 2, PokeMMO
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Trapper, or at least I try and imagine traps.
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? At least 30 minutes minimum.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? On weekdays, from 4:50pm to 8pm Central Time. On weekends, most of the day.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I'm fun, and that's all I think that's good about me, but I wont annoy you, just don't want to seem like a jerk and listing things that may or may not make you hate me for bragging.
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? No Ideas for you.
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? No Military experience.
Its all... wibbly wobbly timey wimey"

I am the 12th Doctor
M!C

Post by M!C »

• Have you READ everything before this? yes, I did.
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? about 15 minutes
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Germany
• How old are you? 20
• What gender do you wish to be know by? male
• What is your Minecraft Username? MiC17
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Skyrim, Anno 1404
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I don't prefer any role over the others.
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on?
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I will be able to answer these questions once I know how much of my time university will take up.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I enjoy working together with other people and got quite a bit of experience with playing BTW.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Let it be known

freetorule, MiC17, and Rake have been accepted to our server on a probationary basis. Thank you all for seeming like upstanding individuals.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

After calling a meeting and tabling a motion it was voted 4 to 1, with one abstaining.

Those who are allowed to become players do so on a probationary basis. For knowingly, or unknowingly, introducing two invasive species into the nether with no checks-and-balances, causing such damage as it needing to be nuked from orbit.

One: Galloran, has seen the ban hammer fall against his favor.

His possessions will be reclaimed for the good of the Kingdom.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Hey Icom, can you do me a favor and answer my previous question about the reasons behind jecowa's banning?

Much like your server, there's a certain "probationary status" to new members on this forum, and he's currently a big question mark with regards to whether he's a constructive member of this community or not.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Oh yes. And thank you for taking an interest.

Jecowa came onto the server just after we built the noob maze, we didn't have the holding pen on the front yet.

The signs ask that you take the path from the spawn TO the kingdom/town and explore it. He proceeded to look ALL around the maze so I kicked him with a message like "Please direct your attention to the path and explore our town".

He immediately came back, so fast I knew he didn't read the kick message, and asked "Why was I kicked".

I told him that he should learn to read, and should have read the signs coming in.

When he went off to explore our jungle rather than head towards the town I kicked him again with the message "Why haven't you learned how to read".

The third time, seeing he wasn't interested in exploring what we had built, I just banned him.

Sorry to have caused a commotion. Thank you for your service and the great community you have built.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Incomitatum wrote:Sorry to have caused a commotion. Thank you for your service and the great community you have built.
Oh, no worries man, you didn't cause any commotion. What you're saying is actually consistent with what I've observed of his behavior as he doesn't seem to have a sense of what is appropriate or considerate when it comes to his questions or observations about the mod. I suspect he's a kid with a poor sense of propriety.

So yeah, thanks for taking the time to explain that man, and my apologies for derailing your thread to discuss this. He listed his own reason for being banned as "exploration", and I knew there had to be something fishy going on there ;)
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

His was a half truth, he certainly was exploring. And we don't mind that at all, but there is a time and place for it.

Thank you again.
B0xershortsean

Post by B0xershortsean »

Have you READ everything before this? Yep
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? Didn't see a 'Mothership'. Got through the maze and spoke with Chennie and Londuon about the server.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? London, United Kingdom
• How old are you? 20
• If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? ----
• What gender do you wish to be know by? Male will be fine.
• What is your Minecraft Username? B0xershortsean
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Faster Than Light, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Super Crate Box, FIFA, Dirt 3, Renegade Ops, Battlefield 3.. I play all genre's really.
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Im more of an explore, collector of build blocks and small-scale builder.
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? 3-4 times weekly.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I most often play in the afternoon/ evenings, GMT-zone. I'm currently training to become a childrens nurse at a University in Greater London so my availability varies weekly.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I have no reason to believe I wouldn't be. Im an open minded individual who will be happy to serve a community with the aim of contributing towards some great builds and some cool areas.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

B0xershortsean,

We haven't seen you around yet, but would be eager to talk to/interview you. Let us know when is good for you.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Updated to 4.16
Sty2000

Post by Sty2000 »

Have you READ everything before this? i think so, everything posted is mostly common sense
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? you mean the maze? it was easy
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Canada
• How old are you? 22
• What is your Minecraft Username? sty2000
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Skyrim, Warhammer40k Space marine, and on occasion i make them
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? all of the above if applicable
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? once or twice a week, i'm in university
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? i most often play later in the day
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? i am a mature responsible player, and i enjoy playing in a mature responsible community
• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too? there was this one mod or plugin that allowed you to protect a certain area i think it was called Residence. it might help
• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed? Not Applicable
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Have you READ everything before this?
Yes.
Spoiler
Show
I can't believe I forgot to answer this. ><
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership?
Just cleared the maze.

• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
Pennsylvania

• How old are you?

• What gender do you wish to be know by?
I'm a guy.

• What is your Minecraft Username?
redrew89

• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
Valve titles, like Half-Life, L2D, TF2, Portal, and I want to beat Black Mesa: Source, at some point.

• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
"Engineer" - I like building complex mechanical and redstone contraptions.

At least once a week. Full-time employment, and such.

• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
Evenings - 8P - 12A EST

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
I'm a (semi)responsible, and (mostly) mature adult, who enjoys working together with others toward a common goal.

• (Optional) What have you seen worked well on other servers that you might like us to implement too?
Community projects are always a good way to get a lot of people involved.

• (Optional) If you have any history of Military service, what branch were/are you a part of, what was/is your rank, and where were/are you stationed?
Never enlisted, but the thought has crossed my mind. (Either USAF or PA Guard, if I were to join.)
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

Please welcome redrew89, and Sty2000 to the server. They are, as always, activated as Players on a probationary Basis.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

• Have you READ everything before this?
Of course
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership?
10-15 minutes
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)?
Michigan, a bit outside Detroit
• How old are you?
18 (19 Oct 2nd!)
• What gender do you wish to be know by?
Male
• What is your Minecraft Username?
BinoAl
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis?
Borderlands 2 nonstop lately, although I play TF2 on a semi-regularly
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)?
I like building more technical builds, so I suppose engineer? :)
Rather regularly, probably an hour or so a day
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play?
I'm unemployed right now, but I've been searching for a job. Once I get a job, I'll likely be on most often between 10pm and 3am
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State?
Seems like a more mature community than most, and the world is already rather well developed, so I can skip the point where I'm huddling for warmth in a cave :)
Iakovosian

Post by Iakovosian »

• Have you READ everything before this? Yes
• How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? I was about 20-30 minutes on the server.
• Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? UK (England)
• How old are you? 22
• What is your Minecraft Username? Iakovosian
• What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Quite a mixture, on and off: C&C, Total War, Age of Empires, Assassin's Creed... (though not all that often)
• What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? Again, I am happy with almost anything for a time, and depending on my state of mind. If I had to chose, I'd probably settle for Builder most often (particularly things that do things).
• If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? That'll vary depending on whether I'm at university or at work during the holidays. I'd usually be on in the evenings (any time from 20:00 up to 02:00 GMT) - I sometimes get really in to something and become oblivious to the passage of time! Other than that, I will either not be on at all over the weekend or might stay online for hours at a time. In general, at least once a week if not more.
• What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? Partially answered above. When working, my hours are 09:00 to 20:00, plus travel time. When at university, it depends entirely on my lecture schedule and/or plans for the evening.
• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I used to be a mod (then admin) on a medium-to-large server, but gradually got tired of the constant policing and the immaturity and incompetence of some of the other staff. Since then, I 'rediscovered' BTW (I'd last played it properly in the v2.9 days) and am really enjoying developing the new tech tree. It's sometimes a steep learning curve because I try to limit my wiki visits, and the updates keep coming thick and fast! Aside from that, I miss the community and am looking for something that has both (and isn't a pvp server). DotS seems to have that, with the added bonus of filtering out most of the excessive immaturity.

tl;dr: Sorry for the longer-than-average answers, but I'm not going to summarise it for you so scroll back up and read! :p

EDIT: The server staff comment was meant purely for back-story, not as a selling point.
"It's like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences."
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Is the server down or is it just me?
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
M!C

Post by M!C »

jadedcat wrote:Is the server down or is it just me?
Nope, lon, Hut and me too.
danw3st

Post by danw3st »

DotS is still down this morning. Anyone send a PM?
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

danw3st wrote:
DotS is still down this morning. Anyone send a PM?

I sent one to Incom.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

And... we're back. Sorry about that.
Spoiler
Show
2012-09-28 23:40:31 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Arrays.java:2694)
at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:203)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:661)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:564)
at ay.b(SourceFile:73)
at an.a(SourceFile:29)
at at.a(SourceFile:38)
at ay.b(SourceFile:77)
at av.a(SourceFile:75)
at wy.a(SourceFile:55)
at gq.e(SourceFile:103)
at gq.c(SourceFile:65)
at gp.<init>(SourceFile:26)
at go.a(SourceFile:171)
at go.d(SourceFile:299)
at et.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:181)
at gz.a(NetServerHandler.java:358)
at cx.a(SourceFile:136)
at bb.b(SourceFile:333)
at gz.d(NetServerHandler.java:73)
at ha.b(SourceFile:35)
at fx.b(SourceFile:30)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(SourceFile:452)
at ft.q(SourceFile:224)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(SourceFile:383)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:316)
at ep.run(SourceFile:539)
Imightbereal

Post by Imightbereal »

Have you READ everything before this? Yes, once before i fell and multiple times after
How long have you spent looking around The Mothership? I think its at least 1/2 an hour in the noob pit
Where are you from (Example - Iowa or United Kingdom)? Australia
How old are you? 17
If you are not 18 or older, who is your Sponsor? No-one as of yet
What gender do you wish to be know by? Male
What is your Minecraft Username? Imightbereal
What other games do you play on a semi-regular basis? Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, Skyrim, Fallout 3/ new vegas
What role do you enjoy taking the most in Minecraft (Eg: Farmer, Builder, Explorer, Digger)? I like to build and to mine, i also like to dabble in redstone contraption so engineer i guess.
If you are added, how often do you intend to be on? 4-5 times a week
What is your schedule like, what hours do you most often play? I usually play for 2-3 hours at a time
Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Dogs of the State? I like to mingle with others and I like to build.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
Incomitatum

Post by Incomitatum »

IMightBeReal and 100fizz have been accepted to the server on a probationary basis.