Hardcore Chest Message on Log-In

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Splee999

Hardcore Chest Message on Log-In

Post by Splee999 »

Hey, I just noticed that the server lets you know if any/all of the hardcore modes are enabled when you login, except hardcore chest is missing. Could this be added in to the initial server message?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Hardcore Chest Message on Log-In

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah...I guess.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Just for my own curiosity, is this because you'd actually find this useful, or is it a "just because" suggestion?
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Well, I think it would be useful in case you login to a new server without knowing the status of ender chests. If you put valuables in your chest because you thought hardcore chest was off, or because another person on the server lied to you, they would be gone before you could blink.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Splee999 wrote:Well, I think it would be useful in case you login to a new server without knowing the status of ender chests. If you put valuables in your chest because you thought hardcore chest was off, or because another person on the server lied to you, they would be gone before you could blink.
So, "just because" then. You weren't wanting this because it would be useful to you, but because you were anticipating it being useful to other people at some point...maybe.

Yeah, don't make suggestions on that basis. There are an infinite number of potential "just because" suggestions, and a finite amount of time in my lifespan.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

To be fair, it is a good a point. With all the servers here and many of them having little to no info before you login, knowing the status of each Hardcore mode is pretty vital IMO.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

walker_boh_65 wrote:To be fair, it is a good a point. With all the servers here and many of them having little to no info before you login, knowing the status of each Hardcore mode is pretty vital IMO.
Yeah, I agree, which is why I'll do it. Just don't much care for where the idea was coming from.

I'm never keen on "Oooo...I want to make a suggestion!" suggestions ;)