New Release (BTW V4.16)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
darahalian

Re: New Release (BTW V4.16)

Post by darahalian »

Sarudak wrote:
lifeiwater wrote:-spoiler-
Should put that in a spoiler thread buddy. Or at least spoiler blocks.
And you should spoiler or snip the quotation with the spoiler in it :P
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Damn, I didn't even got to play 4.15, and already there's a 4.16.
You crazy (not so) old man ;)
Thanks !
shifty

Post by shifty »

4 releases in 6 days! Where do you get the energy?? Thanks for another update :)
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added the Ocular Of Ender as a new item.

-Added Ender Spectacles as a new item.
Sweet! I am extremely interested in what these will do. Sounds like they will be a necessity for Hardcore Enderman.
FlowerChild wrote:-Changed the name of Carbon Powder back to "Coal Dust", as Carbon Powder just sounded way too high-tech, and I really don't care about mod names conflicting with those from other mods anymore :)
I was honestly wondering when this was going to happen. ;)
KittenToaster

Post by KittenToaster »

Hats off FC, you've completely broken my wheat farm with 4.16 buoys but the features you are adding to BTW are fun to toy with and well thought out.
http://sargunster.com/btw/index.php?title=Changelog
Do you ever sleep by the way? You seem to be churning out updates like a lunatic. :)

To put it simply, Thank you for BTW :3

I laughed at my brother when he suggested playing Minecraft again, then he pointed me to the BTW Minecraft Mod Forum thread and BTW really does breathe a breath of fresh air into vMC.
Last edited by KittenToaster on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandrew

Post by Sandrew »

Damn, the rate you're putting out updates I don't have time to play half of them. Consider this post a big thank you for the previous six updates or so.

Spoiler
Show
TheLordOfDerp wrote:Something
Didn't you get banned by FC under the name TheEnderLord or something yesterday?
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Wow, same as Batto, didn't even have time for the 4.15 update.
However, as I didn't get to say anything in that one, I'm going to give a try with HC buoy again with all the changes you made. Good job on those man.

As for the ender spectacles, it's just one of those small functionalities that really improves your gameplay, as with lots of things in BTW; it deals with SUCH an annoying problem. But I suppose it'll also have some more uses later on :)

Nice work!
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

Flowerchild.. SLOW DOWN you code crazed son of a gun XD

Am loving your dedication to this Mod. I cannot applaud you long or hard enough as you deserve as , quite frankly. I like my hands as they are and not worn away bleeding stumps !

Am intrigued about the spectacles.. hope they come in my prescription XD

So in best stiff upper lipped Brit fashion.. have a "jolly well done old chap" and a "rousing" golf clap !! ;)
Panda

Post by Panda »

OMG I CANNOT WAIT TO TEXTURE THESE GOGGLES!!!!!
My apologies for all caps but it would have been bad if i held in that sqwee.
But serious your amazing, alot of tekkit (however you spell it) hasnt even updated, so im supper glad you left forge and all that, your much better coding on your own, with a whole community behind you. :D
Never say no to Panda.
Dr. Kylstein

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

There was one other mod I used obsessively, but it was ugly and I haven't gotten it to work since updating to 1.3.2. With Ender Spectacles, now I have that functionality in an aesthetically pleasing, in-character fashion, and I love it! Thank you so much!
Six

Post by Six »

Yeah, funny thing is I was wishing for this exact functionality just the other day. Bravo sir.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Dr. Kylstein wrote:There was one other mod I used obsessively, but it was ugly and I haven't gotten it to work since updating to 1.3.2.
When I first started playing MC (or shortly after) I was using Zombe's mod strictly for the shift-click crafting functionality, and for seeing light-levels, so I know exactly how you feel.

I uninstalled it probably over a year ago as it just felt way too cheaty, but I've had it in the back of my mind ever since as useful functionality that really should have been integrated into the game in a more legitimate fashion.

Light levels are far too ambiguous in MC, and there's far too much gameplay that revolves around them, not to have some method of knowing for certain if mobs can spawn somewhere or not. With the upcoming changes I'm planning to mob behavior to make them more dangerous, it reminded me of just how important something like this is.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

*runs in circles like an excited kitten*

So, I went ahead and made up a pair of the Ender Spectacles while I was livestreaming today, and OMG THEY ARE AWESOME! They elicited a squee out of me on camera. I can't say more without spoiling their function, but it is so amazingly useful I cannot believe I haven't seen the same functionality in another mod before.

Thank you FC. Thank you. *squeeeeee*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

morvelaira wrote:*runs in circles like an excited kitten*

So, I went ahead and made up a pair of the Ender Spectacles while I was livestreaming today, and OMG THEY ARE AWESOME! They elicited a squee out of me on camera. I can't say more without spoiling their function, but it is so amazingly useful I cannot believe I haven't seen the same functionality in another mod before.

Thank you FC. Thank you. *squeeeeee*
There was actually another mod that had something like this. I used it a lot so useful it was. But the Spectacle solution makes more sense and the way its implemented its way more elegant if I may say so.
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

Put on Ender Specs: shat bricks.
Spoiler
Show
It's like one of those TV shows, where they shine a black light on a hotel room.

"I've been sleeping in that?!"
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
blithen

Post by blithen »

WOW, flower, now that I have some time to mess with this...jesus this is just fucking awesome man. This is one of the coolest, not-cheaty ways to see where mobs spawn. This is seriously on par with the lens in coolness(And we both know how long I waited for that baby to come out). Great job!
Add me on MSN Messenger, we can chat about our feelings and coffee and minecraft.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

blithen wrote:WOW, flower, now that I have some time to mess with this...jesus this is just fucking awesome man. This is one of the coolest, not-cheaty ways to see where mobs spawn. This is seriously on par with the lens in coolness(And we both know how long I waited for that baby to come out). Great job!
Thanks man :)
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Awesome update... as always!
Thank yooooou.
Tropa

Post by Tropa »

Dam, you update faster then Mojang! good work.
A Drop Of Water Can Cause A Tidalwave.
diegokilla

Post by diegokilla »

Seriously? I'm away for like a week and I miss 4 updates -.- I'm still trying to learn the 3.xx stuff! You are too awesome for your own good, FC :P
IowaGuy

Post by IowaGuy »

Those recipes area rather elegant and intuitive.
Elensaar

Post by Elensaar »

Woah... I go off to Barcelona for one week, and come home to no less than 4 updates? Epic, man. Looking forward to playing with the new stuff. :)
Lots of planets have a north...!
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

So far, so good on my end. The addition of undertow allows my two setups for seed planting and automatic wolf feeding to continue w/o modifications (although I should tweak the wolf setup).
OldMarriedDude

Post by OldMarriedDude »

FlowerChild wrote:New recipes have been added to the MCF OP, but here they are for convenience:
Ok whats the green thing in the center block and where do I find them?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

OldMarriedDude wrote: Ok whats the green thing in the center block and where do I find them?
You really are new to MC aren't you? :)

Here you go:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Eye_of_ender

The MC wiki is your friend ;)