[4.30] Jade Dragon Realm --Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
jorgebonafe

Re: [4.14] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by jorgebonafe »

jadedcat wrote:Assuming your ign is the same as your forum name you have been whitelisted.
Ah, yes it is... Derp, forgot to mention that :P
Thanks ^^
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
mikeyagoto

Post by mikeyagoto »

Hello!

Would it be possible to get a whitelist?

IGN: Mikeyagoto

I accept the no xray and no movehack rule!

Thanks!

Mikey

Edit: Ik I haven't been very active on these forums I was kind of a silent watcher for a long time ans just registered when multiplayer came out bc I don't play singleplayer. If you want you can look up my username on the bukkit forums or the minecraftforums (i am much more active on bukkit bc i really like multiplayer)
Last edited by mikeyagoto on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

Never played Anarchy before... Sign me up. :D

IGN: hobohunted

Agreement:
I firmly agree to the ban on X-ray and Move Hacks.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
jadedcat

Re: [4.15] Jade Dragon Realm (Anarchy)

Post by jadedcat »

We are now using 4.15

hobohunted--- you have been whitelisted.

Mikeyagoto -- I need to take some time and check out your posts.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
PrivateAlpha

Post by PrivateAlpha »

Howdy, could I please get whitelisted on your server?

Ign: PrivateAlpha
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

PrivateAlpha wrote:Howdy, could I please get whitelisted on your server?

Ign: PrivateAlpha
I do not believe you will be comfortable on an anarchy server Alpha.
FlowerChild wrote:
-Fixed fucking annoying door-banging ...... BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

Tomorrow, I will be at Origin (0 x, 0 z) from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST. Come if you dare.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

HavokSCOUT wrote:Tomorrow, I will be at Origin (0 x, 0 z) from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST. Come if you dare.
I thought this might be appropriate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFa1-kci ... re=related
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

You are awesome, and should feel awesome. I will be sure to have this playing while I'm there.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

I love that movie
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Update:

We have been having a few more issues with lag lately. And I am not overly hapy with some of the hardware issues on the server host side. I have been offered a free trial on another hosting service (to lure me into swapping)

So I figure we will want to test that host and see if members experience a decrease in lag issues. Couple ideas for it.

1. I would like a border as some members have moved out so far the world size is huge.

so

a. Deathstar like bedrock sphere with a few areas open to let light in. This makes light a valuable resource to be protected.

b. if I can get a world gen to work we could do a world with a void border. This would allow for interesting bases built on the void areas with defenses and prevent too much expansion.

2. We could swap to a more cooperative style though still not a "friendly" server.

a. islands with void areas each "team" gets an island.

or

b. spawn town with machines an arena etc and wilderness bases still open to raiding and pvp.

3. With current updates and upcoming updates and the size of the current world eating up cpu power a new world would help alot

a. use the current seed just emptied.

or

b. start a new random world.

I would like to know what y'all think and which options you would prefer. I do not care to turn this into a fully cooperative server. The current server is not going offline just yet but we would need to test the new server location to find out if it has better performance. I do not want to move the current world as we are at 60k blocks squared. Which is eating a lot of our power. We can stay anarchy or adjust to semi cooperative. We will not be changing to full on friendly mode.. ever.

So let me know what y'all think.
FlowerChild wrote:
Six

Post by Six »

Wow, I knew some people had gone a ways into the wilderness, but didn't know it was that extreme. I think a new world would be a fine idea, and having a limited play area would actually help game play a lot in my opinion. Perhaps simply a square bedrock wall at the limits, with the expressed rule that if you go pillar over it and go outside the play area you will be banned?

What kind of dimensions would be reasonable?
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

@Six: In my opinion, the border would be at least large enough to encompass all of the strongholds, plus, say, an extra 1250 blocks for good measure. Also, I'd love the team based buildings. Get some clan wars going >:D
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
Six

Post by Six »

Wiki says the furthest the strongholds 'point' can be is 1152, but then it can generate further than this when building it. So maybe 2500 out in each direction from spawn? How reasonable does a 5km x 5km map sound?

As for the team building, I got bored building by myself after a day on the current server, so already got one together at that point :P
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

Personally, I would really hate to lose all my current progress on the server, and a full restart, even preserving seed, might make me just stop playing.

I would be in favor of adding a border (void, bedrock, whatever) to the world as it is, and deleting any chunks outside of that border, but giving players a chance to move beforehand. My base is less than 3k blocks either direction from spawn, so I don't want to suffer from a full restart because others went excessively far from spawn.

If we were to go slightly co-op, I would be in favor of 2b. We could even go back to the way things were at the beginning, with Jade's mountain base at spawn.

Also, the restarts seem to help a lot. I'm on the server as I post this with very little lag. But that doesn't change my opinion that a border would be a good thing not just for performance, but for gameplay as well.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

So current discussion on irc

1. ALl players spawns will be reset to the default spawn

2. All players will get to keep their personal inventories (time will be given to adjust the inventory prior to the migration)

a. possibly spawn in items matching a screenshot of a single chest inventory in addition to personal inventory

3. All players will get a breeding pair of each animal once they have set up a base

4. Either a void border or a bedrock wall will show the border. People going beyond that border will be banned.

Border would be at 5k radius from spawn 10k diameter

5. Pvp would be off for the first 24-36 hours to get a head start.

All of this would allow players to start with at least some of what they currently have. Along with lowering the overall size of the world which would reduce the power usage which would reduce lag.

Players would have to be a bit more reason to interact with each other with people not being out at 30k-60k blocks from spawn.
FlowerChild wrote:
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

As long as the seed doesn't change, I think this will be a good way to go about it.

I will definitely be taking pictures of my base beforehand though, I rather like the way it turned out, even though it wasn't all that big.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
dawnraider

Post by dawnraider »

To be quite honest, I would not be comfortable with losing my base (which is far outside the radius proposed). I have spent about 80 hours on that base, and as you know jade, I am quite proud of the size of it and my plans I had for it. How big is the absolute maximum you could take the world to? I also do not think any rules should change. As I said, a lot of my time has gone into this, and as many of the people here know, it is very hard to lose a world you have spent so much time on. If there was any way to presreve people's bases (as I know many others with distant bases probably feel the same way) it would be much appreciated. I like the idea of a void area at the edge, but it should be far enough away to encompass the most bases as possible (i'm thinking 15k radius, or at least a 10k square, is that ok?). I would most likely quit if this either became a psuedo-anarchy as the option about coop style would create, and/or I lsot my base, and I feel many others would agree. Even if my inv. Was kept, that's just 36 stacks + armor, and I would lose the progress of the many thousands of blocks I have mined out of that area.(you, jade, know this is no exaggeration), plus the three doublechests of materials + blocks already placed. If you can't do anything about it being lost, can you pm me a dl link for the area around my base? Pm me if it will not work out so I can first give you the coords of the area to link, and the world seed? If it does work out, great, but if not can you please send that to me? I don't want to lose my hard work. Thanks.
Come join us on discord! https://discord.gg/fhMK5kx
Get the Deco Addon here!
Get the Better Terrain Addon here!
Get the Vanilla Mix TP here!
Get the Conquest TP here!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

I'm at the total opposite end of this scale. If we're changing the rules I want a full, clean restart. No kept inventory, new seed. Put everything up til now as "experiment one" and don't contaminate "experiment two"

Especially because people who have spent more time on their bases than on getting soulsteel armor would get totally shafted under the proposed migration methodology. A full clean restart at least shafts everyone equally.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Pucc

Post by Pucc »

Just like to add does the 10km diameter sphere encompass a mushroom biome? just another thing to consider if you haven't already.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Hmm it'd be sad to see my base go, but if it's making the server impossible then I guess it's stopping a worse problem from sprouting later. I'd like to get some pictures, though! I'm really proud of my secret doors :D
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

dawnraider wrote:To be quite honest, I would not be comfortable with losing my base (which is far outside the radius proposed). I have spent about 80 hours on that base, and as you know jade, I am quite proud of the size of it and my plans I had for it. How big is the absolute maximum you could take the world to? I also do not think any rules should change. As I said, a lot of my time has gone into this, and as many of the people here know, it is very hard to lose a world you have spent so much time on. If there was any way to presreve people's bases (as I know many others with distant bases probably feel the same way) it would be much appreciated. I like the idea of a void area at the edge, but it should be far enough away to encompass the most bases as possible (i'm thinking 15k radius, or at least a 10k square, is that ok?). I would most likely quit if this either became a psuedo-anarchy as the option about coop style would create, and/or I lsot my base, and I feel many others would agree. Even if my inv. Was kept, that's just 36 stacks + armor, and I would lose the progress of the many thousands of blocks I have mined out of that area.(you, jade, know this is no exaggeration), plus the three doublechests of materials + blocks already placed. If you can't do anything about it being lost, can you pm me a dl link for the area around my base? Pm me if it will not work out so I can first give you the coords of the area to link, and the world seed? If it does work out, great, but if not can you please send that to me? I don't want to lose my hard work. Thanks.

Honestly if it wasn't BTW I could use mcedit and attempt to delete chunks that have been loaded with the current map. However doing that with BTW gives a high probability of everyone losing all BTW stuff.

Now that the chunks are already loaded into the world save I have no way of getting rid of them without starting a new map.

The Anarcitect wrote:I'm at the total opposite end of this scale. If we're changing the rules I want a full, clean restart. No kept inventory, new seed. Put everything up til now as "experiment one" and don't contaminate "experiment two"

Especially because people who have spent more time on their bases than on getting soulsteel armor would get totally shafted under the proposed migration methodology. A full clean restart at least shafts everyone equally.

I can see where you are coming from. And frankly I am all for it as it is the easiest and least time consuming way. But most of the players I have spoken to hate that idea and would like to at least get some of their current items kept in the migration. Personally I think a new seed might be better even with some personal inventories simply so people have new areas to explore.

Pucc wrote:

Just like to add does the 10km diameter sphere encompass a mushroom biome? just another thing to consider if you haven't already.

Yes.

AngelWDH wrote: Hmm it'd be sad to see my base go, but if it's making the server impossible then I guess it's stopping a worse problem from sprouting later. I'd like to get some pictures, though! I'm really proud of my secret doors :D
At the earliest the migration wouldn't happen till Saturday so you have plenty of time for pictures. And yes while y'all cant see it yet there are definetly some issues with the server that have nothing to do with BTW.

With all the discussion new proposals:

1. New seed for the migration with a border and I'll make sure there is a mushroom biome inside the border.

2. On inventory options

a. Personal inventories

b. a set amount of basic starting resources are given to the immigrants on arrival at the new world.

c. No personal inventories are kept players may have 1 single chest of items spawned in for them from a screenshot. These items cannot be soulsteel, hellfire dust etc. Just basic resources like ores, clay, normal tools, wood, etc.

If we went with a new seed , with some of the amazing builders we have, I would like to have the spawn area be in a water area. Certain builders would get to come on early and make a ship in the area that's spawn protected. Then basically we have a new colony of immigrants on a newly discovered world. Immigrants would of course have some items they packed for the trip to get them a small start in the new world.
FlowerChild wrote:
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

d: none of the above. Seriously. The easiest solution is also the only one that doesn't create starting imbalances in power. Absolutely nothing migrates.

Look, lets say I'm a hardcore BTW player. That chest is gonna get stocked, if not with soulsteel, then with everything I need to make it. However you define normal resources, I'll stock up on whatever you allow. This will let me skip large parts of the tech tree when we start the new world. I can start with a stack of Hemp seeds or Dung and get whole days worth of head start. I can drop in enough iron, redstone, and coal that I don't need to spend any time mining. I can skip strait to hunting for wolves, come back and power up the tech tree in a couple of hours.

Meanwhile, if I've been focused on base design or exploration, I don't have those resources lying around. Or, if I've converted all my basic resources into high-end resources, I'm not allowed to bring those with. Suddenly I've hurt myself with too much advancement.

It's not that smart players or fast players will have an advantage. That's already true and as it should be. It's that any inventory migration will unfairly benefit people who have played a certain way in the current world (hoarding resources) over people who've played in other valid ways (like using those resources to make complex builds they can't take with them.) Tweaking what you can and can't bring only tweaks who's playstyle is being favored. And yes, we have until saturday to stock up. I'm sorry, I'd rather people spent their time resource gathering in the NEW world then doing it in the current one in expectation of the new world. I'd rather get an authentic starting experience.

Next issue: If we're going to have this bedrock wall around the area, I want a narrative explanation for why. I know why it's there in the context of "I need to limit world size." But why, in the world of the game, is this how it is? A wall, by nature, encourages the question of "What's on the other side" and "who locked us in" which I feel need some addressing. A large, enclosed area like that seems like a prison, a game preserve, or an arena. And only the last one doesn't immediately make the goal escape. For this reason I prefer the Void solution. The idea that the world just ends has that verisimilitude. It's believable in a fantasy world. To the extent that it's possible (I really don't know what kind of powers the server admin has, or how much you want to use MCedit) perhaps we could have the playing area be a continent surrounded by ocean, with void past the ocean? That has a nice feel to it.

I know I'm being super picky here. But these are the kind of details that make or break my game experience. I like my worlds to have internal consistency. Every time I have to confront the game from outside the game, it takes me out of my flow and ruins the immersion.

Therefore I propose 2 restart scenarios.

1: Clean restart, void edge. Narrative: standard minecraft/BTW, except the world is far more limited in size.

2: Hunger games. Bedrock Wall edge, some equipment migration. Caveat: migrating equipment is spawned at the spawn point, and anyone can grab it. This mitigates the problems of migration somewhat. Narrative: You have been ripped from your previous world by a capricious and untouchable power (the enderdragon, perhaps?), which has placed you and the others in a giant arena to amuse itself with your struggle to survive. Will you fight to the death for it's amusement? Or will you refuse to play it's twisted game and band together in defiance?
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
jadedcat

Post by jadedcat »

Well if we were doing the hunger games thing I could place players spawn locations at random around the world so they had to explore to find people and items...

I am trying to find a way to keep the old world and limit the border but so far everything I have tried has ruined the btw parts.
FlowerChild wrote:
Ultionis

Post by Ultionis »

jadedcat wrote:Well if we were doing the hunger games thing I could place players spawn locations at random around the world so they had to explore to find people and items...
That sounds pretty cool, I like that. However that would isolate you by default, no need to run around looking for a place to dig a base - which is bad.

Then again, I'm actually fine with anything, I'm just thankful to have a server to play on.
I dance to the sound of a Creeper's legs breaking