Embirrim's Server: Closed

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
starkand

Re: Embirrim's Server: Quest for the ultimate factory

Post by starkand »

Awesome idea Embirrim.

Looking fwd to some co-op epic machinery
GMT 0, and raidcall channel available. MC 1.3.2 + latest BTW

IGN: starkand
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

PanzerDivisional wrote:yh sounds great i'd love to join IGN highflyer88
Yeah...nazi paraphernalia tends to qualify as political. I've also been informed you've been banned from another BTW server, so...bye bye.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

FlowerChild wrote: Yeah...nazi paraphernalia tends to qualify as political. I've also been informed you've been banned from another BTW server, so...bye bye.
Oh wow. Did not even notice that. Thanks for hopping in.
Apparently somebody in my house is hogging the internet for the moment, that might be the cause of your (groenteman, and me even) problems with the server. It'll be back up in a hour or so, maybe less. I'll edit this post when appropriate.
starkand wrote: Looking fwd to some co-op epic machinery
Thanks, good to have your help. Added.
Groenteman

Post by Groenteman »

Updating Java solved the problem of spawning in realy inconvenient places like under the map, gigantic lag remains. Was able to walk around, read signs, and dig and replace a block of dirt, before timing out again.

Which shouldnt happen since im connecting from the Netherlands which isnt exactelly on the other side of the planet.

Couldnt find this on the wiki but are there ports minecraft commonly uses for MP?

Ahem. Did not notice the last post hehe. Nothing to see here, move along!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Server seems to be up for the time being, I'm being able to connect normally. I'm looking into hosting offers, this is just a temporary solution. When you can, try and connect so I can see if the problem persists.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Alright, so the excessively hugemongous mob trap (o' DOOM?) that I'm planning on building is going to take a 27x27 area, require something in the order of 11.5 thousand cobble, and 8.5K vine traps. Time to get a vine farm going and expand the cobble gen. And find a 27x27 area near spawn I can put in in. Also, I suck really bad at making item sorters, so is there anyone who is good at them that could do it for me?

Edit: If you do want to host, I for one would be willing to donate a few bucks a month.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
starkand

Post by starkand »

Thank you for instant reply

I can see server status but I get the message 'Failed to login: Bad login'

Maybe this fails with crcked MC from P2P?
Sig is overrated.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

SgtChuckle wrote:Alright, so the excessively hugemongous mob trap (o' DOOM?) that I'm planning on building is going to take a 27x27 area, require something in the order of 11.5 thousand cobble, and 8.5K vine traps. Time to get a vine farm going and expand the cobble gen. And find a 27x27 area near spawn I can put in in. Also, I suck really bad at making item sorters, so is there anyone who is good at them that could do it for me?

Edit: If you do want to host, I for one would be willing to donate a few bucks a month.
Nice, I suck at mob traps. I'll start work on a bigger vine farm right now. We'll see about the item sorting when we get there. Would you be willing to use screw pumps for it? I'd like to eventually turn HCB on.

Thanks for offering to donate, it may come in handy =D

EDIT: Starkand, if your MC copy is not legitimate then I don't think you should be on the server, maybe not on the forums even.
starkand

Post by starkand »

Agree, starkand out.

Ty all
Sig is overrated.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Good work last night guys. I have to admit logging in the next day to see so many changes is really surprising, I'm not used to it xD.
A few things:

Can we use HCB in the mobtrap? I really vote for it, at least for the filtering part I don't mind including it.
I hadn't started a village because of the recent announcements, but if you guys want one, go ahead. A villager XP farm and an iron golem farm is on the todo list, but I guess we can include that somewhere else.
Good job on the decay timer, wolves are pooping wonderfully. The new stone generator seems to block sometimes, I'd almost say it has too much delay. Try and sort it out.
SgtChucle: Why do you think I chose this map? Because of the water :D Easier to build a mobtrap. Also, your lever is annoying =D as I'm sure you're aware.

Vine farm has already produced 2.5 stacks in the time you guys were on yesterday, I'll maybe expand it slightly today. My next tasks are a reed farm for storage and wicker, and a storage area for hemp fibers and stuff. I may incorporate the main storage area there as well.
I don't think there's much point using a whaterwheel on the kiln, just sleep the rain off.

Anyway, good job guys. I'll probably make a video today or tomorrow, and put some pics in the OP.

EDIT: Updated server to 4.13.
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

Will fix the stone generator. ;)
Detaction

Post by Detaction »

Saws in the cow farm weren't working. I just had to fix an input underwater.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Detaction wrote:Saws in the cow farm weren't working. I just had to fix an input underwater.
Good job on the cow farm. Although it's temporary, it's pumping out a nice amount of resources. Are you sure the saws weren't working? I was sure they were ok when I last checked them, maybe it was raining when you saw them?

As for the little wheat farm somebody is building, don't forget I'd like to turn on HCB. And that it is temporary, we're now waiting on sgt chuckle's mob farm to start work on the wheat farm with bonemeal integration.

Nether pathway is looking fantastic, however I have yet to see the fort. I seriously hope you know where it is.

Thanks to everybody that's joining in, it's turning out to be a lot of fun.
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Updated the server to 4.14.
Hardcore Buoy is OFF, as it breaks every single build we have on the server. It is a nice feature but impossible to use if it isn't included from the beggining imo.
embirrim

Re: [4.14]Embirrim's Server: Quest for the ultimate factory

Post by embirrim »

Bumping to say I edited OP with a server video, and also added a few images. I hope everybody is having a good time on the server, builds are coming along nicely!
embirrim

Re: [4.16][Creative]Embirrim's Server: Now with HC Buoy!

Post by embirrim »

Updated server to 4.16. Don't forget to update your jars of awesomness, pun totally intended. Hardcore Buoy is now ON, just 1 build left to be redesigned but it shouldn't take long at all. Have fun everyone!
LegionOfOne

Post by LegionOfOne »

This looks really cool. My ign is gmitchell183
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

LegionOfOne wrote:This looks really cool. My ign is gmitchell183
Added. I won't be able to give you a guided tour today, but I'll try and join if I ever notice you're on.
embirrim

Re: [4.20][Creative]Embirrim's Server: The (B)lazy server!

Post by embirrim »

Updated the server to 4.20, don't forget to update your clients as well. I only haven't turned on HCB because I'm lazy, but consider it as done and don't use source blocks.
To everybody that is whitelisted, keep joining! It's pretty much only been me, Groenteman and soccer_player building in the last week or so. There's plenty to build and plenty to build with.

Either me or somebody else will be taking over sgt_chuckle's mobfarm because he hasn't joined since starting it. We'll move onto that once we finish our blaze spawners =D
Thanks to everybody who has been contributing. I'll make another server video with the first tower, and maybe show the nether if we've got a bit more going on in there by then.
embirrim

Re: [4.20][Creative]Embirrim's Proper Server: New IP!

Post by embirrim »

Server is now hosted on multiplay.co! Tell me if you notice a difference in connection/performance. It's the same, maybe slightly better for me. Logistics-wise, it's much more convenient. Praise the internet!

Notice the CHANGE IN SERVER IP!!!

Happy playing.
embirrim

Re: [4.21]Embirrim's Server: Pictures in the OP

Post by embirrim »

Updated the server to 4.21. Make sure you update your own jars before joining to enjoy the full 4.21 effect ^^

Added new images to the OP, as well as a link to the album.
Mob trap construction is progressing, with much dying and cursing every time somebody gets hit by a skeleton's dying words (arrow), and plummets to the oceans happening to hit a random block on the way down. Vine farm has been upgraded to help with the new builds, and me and duartemad have built a water elevator using pumps to be used in the mobtrap. Quite a nice picture there.

Have fun everybody!
embirrim

Re: [4.21]Embirrim's Server: Pictures in the OP

Post by embirrim »

A bit disappointed by the lack of interest, but oh well, I'll keep the server up and I play on it pretty much every day.

We had the first griefer today! However he was 12 and sounded quite dumb so he probably doesn't know what logs are.

As always, just leave your name and I'll whitelist you.
embirrim

Re: [4.22] Grab a MAT and TOCK it in your pocket

Post by embirrim »

Updated server to 4.22.
Video of the first tower is up, if you're interested in joining the server make sure you watch it so you get a feel for what's going on.

Happy playing.
sleekjazz

Post by sleekjazz »

hi can you whitelist me and my son please embirrim
IGN
sleekjazz
p00f1sh

Cheers!
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

sleekjazz wrote:hi can you whitelist me and my son please embirrim
IGN
sleekjazz
p00f1sh

Cheers!
You joined the forums to spam your IGN at all the available servers. I also don't really think you have a son if you write plz plz plz whitelist me. Therefore that will be a no.