Welcome to Edolas [CLOSED]

This is the place for SMP server threads, and for general server discussion.
FaceFoiled

Re: Welcome to Edolas (Server information)

Post by FaceFoiled »

Server is back online. Looks like they forgot to remove the admin lock (wasnt allowed to start it up, harassed them, and magically enough it was suddenly online). Let me know how it goes Frosty
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

ehh? Last I heard it wouldnt work like that for BTW? I havnt tried that yet but, when the server comes back up ill give it a go. Ty ^__^
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Lmao, perfect timing FF. (╯°3°)╯
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

Saddly, crash on join when installing with mcpatcher
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

And can you create a regular world with btw etc installed?
FrostMcloud

Post by FrostMcloud »

(°ロ°) !!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFfffffUUUUUUUuuuuuu-!!!!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

cant believe i didnt try to create a single player world?!?! I have to go to the bank in a minute to drop my check, but will try when i get back and post the results. Ty for the reminder FF, my mind after work isnt always the clearest.

(Also btw FF, dont know if I mentioned this before, but ur Profile pic always makes me smile :D )
Twololcats

Post by Twololcats »

Hello, my username is Twololcats and i would like to join your server
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Server has been updated, and flying has been turned off again.

Whitelist request update;
Bold = Forum Username
Regular = Ingame name

Imightbereal Imightbereal - PM'd
Aradanwen II Aradanwen - Whitelisted
Moonracer Moonracer - Whitelisted
Toastman500 Toastman500 - PM'd
oSPo_II_Clyde oSPo_II_Clyde - Whitelisted
Destructo nickbosland
866nick 866nick
Pucc _Pucc_
tyr116 tyr116
Windmillguy Admiral_Hydro
sleekjazz sleekjazz
Dr Ug DoctorUg
wilkin823 wilkin823
Mattyzz Mattyzz
Dronre Dronre
YooMommaa YooMommaa
Twololcats Twololcats
merrell217 merrell217
Skiipy Skiipy
duartemad duartemad
PhantasticJoe aburahobbit
TheOneGuy The_Ownagerr
Last edited by FaceFoiled on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Psion

Post by Psion »

hey face, the end seems to have been rolled back to an earlier version... the railway i put going through the obsidian tunnel to the exp farm is gone...and so is the upgrade i made to mini's ender farm, which let you just stay put under hoppers while exp rained down on you, and other hoppers kept filling two chests with silk touch scrolls and ender pearls. >.< i wouldnt be so sad if it weren't for the fact it took an entire day to upgrade, and i covered the entire top of the place with water to keep endermen from warping out of their death area. Not possible with HCB now....
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

That would sadly be part of the earlier rollback that happened recently. I had to replace the end/nether, as they were messed up after multiplay touched it, and fondled it inappropriately. Sorry. :( I'll help restore it the way it was though.
Psion

Post by Psion »

bummer.... if i had a chest of water source blocks (probably several stacks would do), rails/gold rails (3?ish of gold, a couple dozon of normal), a few stacks of axles, a couple stacks of gearboxes, and a stack of hoppers and soul sand i could fix it >< but oh man, it sucks to remake. I died about 40-50 times upgrading it last time, as anyone on at that time could attest.
merrell217

Post by merrell217 »

Hey! I would love to join!
IGN: merrell217
Hope to see you there!
Psion

Post by Psion »

Alright, the enderman XP farm is now upgraded... again. w(_-_)w. And ill be damned if I have to ever remake it a third time.

On a brighter note though, since i've done it once i was able to make this one far tidier and pretty looking. It's also completely enderman warpproof, unlike the first time when there were a couple spots they could rarely get to. Theres also spare room in the area, so if someone feels like it they could probably decorate it with a better farm or something, as long as they kept the ceiling height to 2.5 blocks.

Oh, and whatever you do... dont. break. the. floor. Unless you like falling down into nothingness.

And remember face... wear a backup before you let strange men fondle your world! >:O
Skiipy

Post by Skiipy »

Could i please be whitelisted on this server?
My IGN is Skiipy
TA
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

I would like to be whitelisted again.
Username: duartemad
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
PhantasticJoe

Post by PhantasticJoe »

Hey, this sounds great, and I'd love to be whitelisted.
Minecraft name: aburahobbit
Thanks!
TheOneGuy

Post by TheOneGuy »

Hmm, well I have been dying to get on a BTW server for a very long time.. Waiting since about beta 1.5_01, and I would love to join if I could. I'm 14 years old, but dont go on thinking im like most immature people my age, anyways.

IGN: The_Ownagerr

Hope I could join, even though im usually just a ghost hovering over forum topics, heh.

(Hope this servers alive still >.>)
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Whitelisting time, sent a PM with details to the top 5 on the list. Going by order of request.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Hey FF, I tried to join the server with version 4.12, but I'm having some connection problems. I was WL'd a looong time ago, but something might have happened. Could you check and see if I'm on the whitelist? IGN: sgtchuckle117
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yup, it's down. I had some connection problems yesterday as well, I was getting stuck when moving trough a portal, couldn't reconnect for a few minutes after disconnecting - etc. But it's genuinely down now.
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

I've been going through the logs, but can't find an actual problem yet. I can see some strange disconnections going on, but havent figured out the reason for those yet. Apparently it has something to do with the nether (when someone enters the nether). The server itself however, is not restarting during this.

I'll look further into this tonight. For now, welcome to the next few whitelisted folk (updated the above message with whitelist stuff)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yeah, I finally managed to connect, fooled around a little, went to the nether, got stuck, DC'd to log in again, BAM, can't reach server / communication error.

My little theory says that the server doesn't drop the connection when I disconnect after getting stuck like that. It might have something to do with downloading the nether terrain + the piece of code mojang has put in to prevent players from dropping into the void after crossing the portal.

Like I don't know, It might keep the player in limbo until his chunk is loaded, but the chunk doesn't load because the terrain didn't download propper. So the player is stuck in limbo and the server keeps his connection live even if he dc's when it happens.

Or something, what do I know :D. We could do a little test to see if this is true. I could write down the time I DC like this the next time it happens. If it doesn't align with the time in the log, then there's your problem.

If that's the problem, then a temporary solution to kick my ghost would be nice. Or idle kicking, that would work too.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I have exactly the same "Can't reach Server" problem and I didn't go to the nether.
I was thrown out with some kind of socket error, about an hour ago and since then Edolas shows the "Can't reach server" message in the multiplayer screen.
Connecting to the Jaded Dragon Realm Server works find until I get the message that I'm not whitelisted.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I just succesfully skipped the night with a bed. It works for me.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Feliponius

Post by Feliponius »

I'd like to apply for the whitelist if possible. I didn't read any of the most recent posts so I'm not sure if you're not accepting anymore but I figured before I went back to work I'd make an application.

In-Game Name: PhilipPixler

Thanks for your consideration :)