Harcore Enderchests: A slightly change.

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
TSA

Harcore Enderchests: A slightly change.

Post by TSA »

I never liked how the ender-chests work and with the implementation of the hardcore ender chest i just realise how they could be improved.

They work as a second inventory, but it is kinda cheating at my eyes. But oh well that's not too bad.
In hardcore mod everyone has de same chest so you need to be very lucky if you want to store something there and go in a hurry to the other base and unload your things before someone notice it.

This ideas are a bit extreme. One is too easy, the other, in my opinion, too hardcore.

So why not mix the both ideas?

I taught on a new GUI for the ender-chest. And make it a kind of trading system for SMP
Spoiler
Show
Where;

- 1 is the only safe spot, everyone can see but only the owner can touch ( or only the owner can see if the other option is impossible)
- 2 is our actual ender-chest
- 3 is the other player ender-chest
- 4 is option where you allow other players to take and put things on your ender-chest. ( this should be configurable in the config file to be ON all the time for anarchy servers.
- 5 is the scrolling thing where you choose the other player ender-chest
- 6 is where your name and the other player name should be to avoid mistakes on trading.

So the idea is that you still have your ender-chest but you can lock or unlock it to other people (as i said this should be configurable).

For friendly servers this is a good way to trade. And for anarchy servers its still hardcore but you have only one safe spot and the space of a chest at you will (except for the part where anyone can take your things off if they open your chest.

I would like to ear the community opinion about this.
Hope you like it.

Ps: sorry for the paint image, that was a fast drawing to explain better what i have in mind.
Ps2: this should be great for LAN as well.
LunaticToad
thekyz

Re: Harcore Enderchests: A slightly change.

Post by thekyz »

Why would this fit in BTW ?
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

I think that this would actually harm the trading system in anarchy play. It is supposed to be a risk. Providing an easier way to trade with each other would make trading safer and thus ruin this aspect of danger.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

I agree with the above. I want players who want to trade to have to meet up or set up drop points and risk betrayal and ambush by other players. This suggestion negates that.
TSA

Post by TSA »

I may have explained my point wrongly.

Imagine that you are in a anarchy server and want to trade with someone.

would you put the things in your ender-chest?

imagine you put then i grab them and put nothing to trade off.

you would get pissed off and with no way to get your things back because you don't know here the heck the other player is. The trading by ender-chest will only work if you trust in the other player (friendly server's).

You still need to be sure that the trading is successful in the anarchy ones. So this will not kill that system.

Am i clear now?
LunaticToad
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

TSA wrote:I may have explained my point wrongly.

Imagine that you are in a anarchy server and want to trade with someone.

would you put the things in your ender-chest?

imagine you put then i grab them and put nothing to trade off.

you would get pissed off and with no way to get your things back because you don't know here the heck the other player is. The trading by ender-chest will only work if you trust in the other player (friendly server's).

You still need to be sure that the trading is successful in the anarchy ones. So this will not kill that system.

Am i clear now?
But this is the point in Anarchy, do what you want^^ no rules.

If I want to have something someone else have, I kill him and get it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

'If it aint broke, don't fix it'

Aside from MY horribly redneck English, I don't see why the trading system in anarchy needs extra features, or to even have an official feature built in. And it seems like a lot of work for something that's already in the game.

EDIT: clarification
Last edited by Rianaru on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
TSA

Post by TSA »

Rianaru wrote:'If it aint broke, don't fix it'

Aside from the horribly redneck English, I don't see why the trading system in anarchy needs extra features, or to even have an official feature built in.
Sorry if i did not born in England or America, not all of us have that luck.

The anarchy do not need any extra features and i am not requesting it.

All i said was that anarchy ender-chest was a bit too hardcore, so why not give to it a single save slot and make them a mix of the vanilla ender-chest and the hardcore one.

Where you get the option to see the other players chest as well as having your own. And that is all for anarchy.

Of course this can be a little bit tweaked and add the chance for lock and unlock your chest in friendly servers.
Rianaru wrote:'And it seems like a lot of work for something that's already in the game.
It might be it might not. Who knows?
LunaticToad
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

This is not going to happen. If flower barred enough to change it he's not going to go back and undo his work.
Heilkaiba

Post by Heilkaiba »

TSA wrote:
Rianaru wrote:'And it seems like a lot of work for something that's already in the game.
It might be it might not. Who knows?
Well Flower would know best but even from my relatively simple understanding of the work involved in such a feature I can tell it would a pain in the ass to code and design a new UI for for very little benefit.
Edit: In fact, screw benefit. It would have a negative impact.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Forgive me for making assumptions, but I think you want this particular change in order to facilitate friendlier trading on non-Anarchy servers. Unfortunately, FlowerChild only balances around Anarchy play when it comes to SMP. I personally do not feel that there is any adjustment needed to be made to the current system of trading via Hardcore Enderchests. It's part of the risk of using them - either that your trading partner will rip you off, or that someone else is watching the network and can click quickly.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
TSA

Post by TSA »

Fine...

I quit!

Already understood that may be a ton of work for just so little.
Thanks for the feedback.

Lock this up please.
LunaticToad
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Althought is a little bit off Topic but this
Rianaru wrote:...Aside from the horribly redneck English, .....
is very annoying, is a thing i noticed on much boards, especially on MCF. If there is something that you can't understand ask its okay but complaining about someone that is not a native speaker is really unpolite.

Yeah his idea don't fit here but he tried to explain it also if he is isn't a natice speaker. Why all expect that the whole world can speak English perfect?

Sorry for going off Topic but wanted to say it.

And if you want to play on a server without hardcore ender chest you still can disable it.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

For the record, I believe Rianaru was commenting on his own phrasing of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" as being horribly redneck English, not TSA's word choices. It may have been lost in the culture exchange, but "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" as a phrase is closely associated with the methods of thinking of people we sometimes call rednecks in the United States. At least, it is with me, and fondly so.

I personally have never seen anyone on these boards ever be intentionally insulted for their lack of skill in the English language. We're a pretty good multi-cultural group here. If you feel you are being looked down or insulted for that, I would ask that you please first take steps to make sure that you aren't misunderstanding something. We don't need fights starting over things lost in translation.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Now I feel terrible...I wasn't saying anything about HIS english, I was saying it about the 'If it aint broke don't fix it' phrase. I realize that non-native speakers sometimes don't have the best command of the language, but I totally didn't mean it that way. It was meant as an apology for MY use of bad English, even though I am a native speaker. I didn't even consider that it would be taken that way :(

EDIT: nina'd by the kitty
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
TSA

Post by TSA »

Rianaru wrote:Now I feel terrible...I wasn't saying anything about HIS english, I was saying it about the 'If it aint broke don't fix it' phrase. I realize that non-native speakers sometimes don't have the best command of the language, but I totally didn't mean it that way. It was meant as an apology for MY use of bad English, even though I am a native speaker. I didn't even consider that it would be taken that way :(

EDIT: nina'd by the kitty
then i think i need to apologise you.

Sorry Rianaru i got the wrong mensage here.

As for my english i know it is not perfect or near that. I am just 19 but i have a first certificated from Cambrige.

So i try to explain myself the best i can.

Sorry again for the misunderstood.
LunaticToad