Question about Turntable behavior

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Damion Rayne

Question about Turntable behavior

Post by Damion Rayne »

I have a quick question regarding "Turntable" behavior, as I'm not sure if I've encountered a bug or not. I did read the wiki's "Not a bug list" and the turntable I have set up as a clock to power my bellows is working properly.. albeit just a tad weird. As it stands I have a water-wheel powering numerous axles and gearboxes and my turntable. I have the turntable connected to a dirt block with a redstone torch to use it as a "clock". Now what strikes me as weird is that I have the redstone torch on the turntable connecting to a piece of redstone on a dirt block on one side right underneath of it. What this is doing currently is causing the turntable to shift only between two positions..

One position where the torch on the dirt block above it is not connected to the redstone next to it..

Another position where the torch is touching the redstone next to it..

Maybe it best I link a screen shot for this and I'm at a loss as to how to explain it properly,

This,
is the off position, as you can see in the image above.

This,
is the on position, also as you can see above.

What's happening in this situation is that the turntable is not making full revolutions and is only cycling between the on and off position. Is this a bug or intended?

-DR
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"
Deepsniper

Re: Question about Turntable behavior

Post by Deepsniper »

Yes the wiki i guess forgets to mention that when a turntable gets powered it changes rotation. so basically its going counter clockwise then clockwise by 90 degrees over and over again. kinda a nice feature to have
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Get rid of the redstone leading to the turntable. It is not needed if you want a full revolution. FYI, setting 1 w/ 2 torches is the best speed for a crucible. I tried 1 torch with settings 1 & 2 and the steel didn't always get created.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Yeah, as others have mentioned, you are powering the wire leading to the turntable with the torch that it is rotating.

This causes the turntable to reverse direction every time that contact is made or lost. It's just a matter of rearranging your circuit so that doesn't occur.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

To be honest I actually use that type of cycle to run the bellow... It makes it already a nice clock so it doesn't matter...
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

To easily solve that, just remove the redstone directly next to the turntable, you don't need one wire here anyway.
Damion Rayne

Post by Damion Rayne »

Thanks guys, and as one person stated..when powered like this it makes it tick like a clock and seems to by-pass the delay from the gearbox as well, the bellows in the pic just goes up and down with each tick.
[TG-18th] Damion Rayne
TG Instructor
Developer Relations
Content Development
"Teamwork, Maturity, Tactics, http://www.tacticalgamer.com"