New Release! (BTW V4.0)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
danielngtiger

Re: New Release! (BTW V4.0)

Post by danielngtiger »

This release is amazing! I saw it earlier this morning, but had to go, so my outpouring of appreciation had to wait, but I must say, that FC is a machine, no human could code that fast. I want to thank you FC, for all your hard work, and the fact that this has definitely made my day, and probably sometime in the range of the next week. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright before you hear them speak.
Link

Post by Link »

danielngtiger wrote:FC is a machine, no human could code that fast.
FC isen't a machine, he's Cthulhu.
FlowerChild wrote: Never have I seen folks have this much fun with sheep without wearing a kilt.
ninjapenguin23

Post by ninjapenguin23 »

Bricks have been shat. This suprised the fuck out of me.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Link wrote:
danielngtiger wrote:FC is a machine, no human could code that fast.
FC isen't a machine, he's Cthulhu.
Pffft. Cthulu's an amateur compared to FlowerChild!
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
TheRedAfro

Post by TheRedAfro »

Just adding my woots, happiness and congrats. Time to troll the wife and introduce her to all that is BTW.
Much appreciated. I am partaking in my own way and raise my glass of Port to you sir.

Red
It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear.
N. Peterson
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Well there go all my attempts at doing homework this year... I love you man!!! Its beatiful!
finite8

Post by finite8 »

I must be dead.

SQUEEEE!!!!!

I have waited for this day for too long. So long sleep, i now have automation awesomeness to make with friends.
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Great. I need to get another ARM board with more RAM on it so I can slap BTW SMP on it... wait, this is the .0 release! 48 hour wait now in place for bug shakeout. (This is my policy, not FC's. Never jump on a .0 release, because it WILL have bugs).
Heatsink

Post by Heatsink »

Alright, it's time I finally registered, since I've been following this mod for well over a year now.

FC, you've probably heard this quite a bit, but I'll say it anyway. What you've done with BTW is tantamount to taking a reasonably unpolished turd and refined it into a sparkling diamond of a game. You've given Minecraft the direction and structure to make it entertaining to me, while leaving us the freedom to truly explore whatever wacky schemes you've dreamt up for us. In all honesty, Minecraft on it's own still strikes me as merely a beta, but with BTW added, it becomes a full game. As I watch jeb and the team add on more and more "fluff" features, you keep building on the masterpiece you've created.

Thank you, sir, for the many, many hours of entertainment you've given me. Congratulations on reaching this magnificent point with the mod. Now I just need to make some friends that will play with me. =P
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

STrRedWolf wrote:(This is my policy, not FC's. Never jump on a .0 release, because it WILL have bugs).
Phht. Don't be an ass.
lordserapis

Post by lordserapis »

Superb!

Dont really play SMP, but I know people who do, and I can see how this would be Celebrated.

Congratulations and Good Luck.
If you want to get anything done in this country, you've gotta complain until you'r blue in the mouth.
-John Cleese
RezDev

Post by RezDev »

Wow. Just wow.

I've been away and without internet for the past few weeks, and I return to see a slew of update threads, a "1.3 Developer Blog" thread, and now a v. 4.0 with added SMP release?

I am in awe.

FC, you are a machine. Thanks so much for what had to have been a Herculean effort on your part.

I can't wait to get back into it and check it all out.
ada221

Post by ada221 »

im speechless, i already have a server up and running for my personal friends...

THANK YOU SO MUCH MR. SPIKY SPACE TENTACLE ENTITY!!!!!!!!
-I stopped playing Minecraft a long time ago; BTW is its own game to me

-even after these forums are gone, as long as I have the files, I will continue to play Better than Wolves
Faz

Post by Faz »

Fantastic work FC I don't have the internet connection to play SMP at the moment but maybe soon. Keep up the great work man, still can't get over how fast updates have been coming out since I started using the mod.
EpicAaron

Post by EpicAaron »

Thank you very much.
BTW Community Server Discord: https://discord.gg/arZpuYW
Spoiler
Show
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

No "Squeee"ing, no "OMG!", no "WTF!" and defecating of ceramic masonry items. I am ..how do you say.. "moderately pleased" about this.

I look forward to seeing the awesomeness that SMP BTW servers can bring But alas My server and it's players will be staying as it stands at the moment.

This is no comment on Flowerchilds abilities I hasten to add. I'd say about 50% of my players on my established server would not be comfortable in patching their client. It's a shame as I've always built my servers with a sort of "Pre industrial" feel to them that Windmills and waterwheels would fit right in with. Taking a creaking ride on a rope and wicker platform to the top of my spawn tower is much more fun than "boring old" spiral staircases. But I have enough trouble as it stands keeping on top of server admindom and anti-griefing at the moment. BTW SMP adds too many variables (stoked hellfire or Unpowered soul jar filtering anyone??) I can't deal with.

Still, I have a spare PC (or two) lying around. I may create a little local server with BTW SMP on it for myself and a couple of friends to play on.

I applaud your sterling efforts and, as I said above, look forward to seeing the inevitable BTW SMP Let's plays that will spring out of this.

It's certainly interesting times we live in.

EDIT

By the way.. am in no way dissing or putting this down. I think it's awesome. Max Kudos to FC !
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

Minecraftgeek70 wrote:I'd say about 50% of my players on my established server would not be comfortable in patching their client.
Well for the foreseeable future and for ever in the past any substantial server mod required a patched client. I'd be surprised if people thought BTW would be different.
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

Just got back in from a vacation type thing and wanted to say a big thank you for the mod and the work you put into it. I servered it with a friend till way too late last night and it's awesome.

Ty.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
Minecraftgeek70

Post by Minecraftgeek70 »

Mason11987 wrote:Well for the foreseeable future and for ever in the past any substantial server mod required a patched client. I'd be surprised if people thought BTW would be different.
Oh I agree. I may end up joining a server that runs BTW but for the time being my existing server will remain on Bukkit. Which I have to admit is a pain as I'd LOVE to do a BTW server. When I mentioned the future possibility of it they seemed keen, but now it's here (as noted on another thread in this forum) there's a fair bit of "inertia" getting them to agree to mod their clients.

it's an epic step forward and one I welcome wholeheartedly but not one I (or my players) are going to destroy many months of "vanilla"(ish) builds.

As I said in my original post though.. I may set up a small home server for my closest most trusted partners in crime. :D

Just for Sh*ts and giggles you understand
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Just wanted to post again and say how awesome this is! After dealing with some retarded internet service provider shit, I launched a private servwe. Very cool! Thanks FC! Unfortunately, my friends aren't interested in anarchy so I'll have to look elsewhere for that experience.
timsheap

Post by timsheap »

Thank you FC for all your hard work! Just managed to start a new world and my favorite part so far is there is now a use for the billion surplus seeds. This mod just gets better.
.... End Transmission.
damnitmcnabbit

Post by damnitmcnabbit »

Been lurking forever and MP support finally got me to make an account, so I thought I drop another heap of praise upon you FC! Great job on everything!
Svartwolf

Post by Svartwolf »

Congratulations!
now, to search for a little server to seek a little fun...
it feels like yesterday when people was pestering you about SMP support :0
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

*looks at discussion menu* 4.0! *begins spazzing*
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Screw sliced bread! This is the best thing since... Well, ever!
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.