New Release! (BTW V3.95)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Gormador

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.95)

Post by Gormador »

And I haven't got the chance to say "Thank you" for the 1.3.2 update yet...

FC, you definitely are not an eldritch being but you certainly are a robot. Or... an eldritchbot ?
Hum, anyway, I'm very excited with all the changes and additions you came up for our enjoyment (and maybe nightmare ?) since – and including – this epic 3.92 release.
I will sacrifice virtual animals in your honor for that.

Thank you !
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

eternalankh wrote: Oh, are we allowed to do that?
as long as its spoilered i believe so, iv deff seen people do it before. if not ill remove my spoilers tho :/
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Battosay wrote:Dude, you're a machine, thanks again :)
Hardcore chicken now ? That sounds fun :p
But :
FlowerChild wrote:-Removed the ability of wolves to consume rotten flesh.
Nooooooooooooooooooooo .... Why ?!
Including a dung farm in our mobtrap was so cool. Now it's useless.
I don't want to make Dog food, I'm not Raust, I want to feed them rotten stuff ...
Who are you and what have you done to my friend ?
edited to remove kneejerk "OMG IS TEH END OF WORLD" reaction
...unless FC has something else planned (bones for the bone god! flesh for the flesh throne!)
I'd laugh at the irony if dog food wasn't "food made for dogs" but "food made FROM dogs"
Last edited by Calcifire3691 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Calcifire3691 wrote: ... unless he's planning something for later (bones for the bone god! flesh for the flesh throne!)
Well, with FC you can pretty much be sure he DOES have something planed. And regarding the rotten flesh thingy, we don't even know the dog food recipe. I'm sure he made it so that we can automate the process (as the contrary would surprise me a lot).
FlowerChild wrote:If you have a suggestion, I recommend that it have pure manna from heaven flowing forth from its vagina to warrant posting it at this point in time.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I don't see how, you can't remotely craft something.
If they can still be fed with meat, you can still automate the dung production, I just don't see why removing the rotten flesh, when it's gonna break several builds, and remove the cool Wolf filter in a mobtrap, that would take care of the flesh. Now it can't be turned into glue anymore, nor used as food. So it's back to useless again, when we started to all have huge mobtrap producing tons of them. I don't understand.
Gormador

Post by Gormador »

Battosay wrote:I don't see how, you can't remotely craft something.
If they can still be fed with meat, you can still automate the dung production, I just don't see why removing the rotten flesh, when it's gonna break several builds, and remove the cool Wolf filter in a mobtrap, that would take care of the flesh. Now it can't be turned into glue anymore, nor used as food. So it's back to useless again, when we started to all have huge mobtrap producing tons of them. I don't understand.
If you get several ingredients in a Stewing Pot automatically, a "refined product" can be cooked from them. Tip the stewing pot into a water flow or whatever and you got automated-remotely-crafted dog food. Of course, those are only assuming the dog food has that kind of recipe.

By the way, has anyone tried to grind some meat, rotten flesh included, to see if anything new comes out of it ?

edit :
Spoiler
Show
It seems I was pointing in the right direction with the stewing pot and the rotten flesh for the dog food. No more worries then :-)
Last edited by Gormador on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

I found the use for them, don't worry battosay it's not as bad as you first thought ;)
(unless you ask, I won't tell, I know you don't like spoilers)
odranoel

Post by odranoel »

hmm i wonder what special purpose dog food could have? as wolves still eat everything else (besides rotten flesh now) so having a specific item for them just to eat seems rather redundant, as you can feed them what ever else. there must be some special property to it!

EDIT: yay just found out how to make them!
Last edited by odranoel on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

odranoel wrote:hmm i wonder what special purpose dog food could have? as wolves still eat everything else (besides rotten flesh now) so having a specific item for them just to eat seems rather redundant, as you can feed them what ever else. there must be some special property to it!
I was personally hoping it would incorporate gunpowder, both to explain why wolves explode when they poop, and to get rid of the annoying, useless, stuff
Black Rathalos

Post by Black Rathalos »

It´s incredible. Seams like the 1.3 Updated forced FCs brain to have an overload of ideas. This is so awesome I can't find the time to try this all out... my 1.3 large biom world can't develop as fast as FC updates and adds new features...

Thank you man... I have enough to do for the next 3month!!!!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Probably best to understand how something works before complaining about it.
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

At this rate I will have to create a batch file that installed BTW automatically from zip file using 7zip.exe
Thanks for the speedy bug fixing.
Scarrboros

Post by Scarrboros »

I am sure that you are some kind of superhero modder.
If you were to mod a stupid incredibly bad game, you could make all the stuff in it come out of the screen and fight in 3d. I am sure you could do that.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

This one interests me as well. It Doesn't really make sense and I am curious as to your reasons for it.
And HOW!
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

FlowerChild wrote:There's a LOT of new people trying the mod right now, so I want to make sure it's as stable and reliable as it normally is :)
Nothing like being the first major mod to update to get some positive press. I'm going to have to debase myself and see what's going on at MCF.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
shifty

Post by shifty »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:
This one interests me as well. It Doesn't really make sense and I am curious as to your reasons for it.
Because its way too easy. You find a zombie spawner, set up a saw and hopper, and straight away you have a huge supply of rotten flesh. Every once in a while top up your dispensers and you have a huge supply of dung, along with all the items that follow it.

This change adds a new problem to solve which is, in my opinion, the point of this mod. I don't know how you make dog food but I'm pretty sure it will involve a new puzzle for me too solve involving tipping stewing pots and bringing several items to one location.
Salmonella

Post by Salmonella »

I leave for two days, come back and have three updates waiting for me. I can't say I'm displeased, but still.

And I think I already have an idea in mind for automating poached egg production...
DocHussey wrote:More phallic worship, sheep style.
Kreyesh

Post by Kreyesh »

I dont know about anyone else but i really feel like i am grasping at straws now. I only just figured out how to make a mob farm and auto hemp farm before this update. Now i'm totally lost on sheep/cow/chicken farms. Not to mention dung farms.... Haha. Nice work FC, keeping it interesting and just outta reach.

*edit* Holy shit the beginners guide got 3k hits overnight. Mor you were totally right about tons of new people trying this.
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

Marasambala wrote:I'm going to have to debase myself and see what's going on at MCF.
Ack, not worth it.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Good lord man, Flower if you keep this pace we'll be looking at version 3.9A by next week. This is truly amazing, thank you for continuing and enhancing my Minecraft experience.

Now its time for me to figure out how hardcore chickens work :)
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

Nice work on the Hardcore chickens. I've figured out part of it.
I see that I was not the only one that was bothered that Chickens didn't work this way to begin with.
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
shifty

Post by shifty »

Found out how to make dog food! :)
Spoiler
Show
Rotten flesh in a stewing pot over a stoked fire
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

I'm fairly sure that if I blink, I'll have missed 3.96...
HOW DO YOU DO THIS FLOWERCHILD??!?!?! O.o
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Dude ... Seriously ... Wow.
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
sky_demon

Post by sky_demon »

Syruse wrote:Good lord man, Flower if you keep this pace we'll be looking at version 3.9A by next week.
Why not 3.100+ :D as IC now is 1.103v. i thought that itl be 2.x