Undefusable trap/mechanism trigger?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Re: Undefusable trap/mechanism trigger?

Post by FlowerChild »

HavokSCOUT wrote: Also, what does DP mean?
Google it, and despair.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

ZeroKnight wrote:I like this one.
I don't think it needs any explaining.
The glass is there so you can see the TnT.
What's to stop you from burrowing into the floor and cutting the redstone though?
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Urian wrote:The best way to defuse an explosive trap is usually to detonate it on your terms. Locate a tnt block, build a corridor to the side of it, place a block next to the tnt and a lever on it. Flip the lever and back up a bit. *booom*
I'd use mining charges to do the job, not TNT. Unless I'm mistaken, even against the larger version of the trap in the OP a single mining charge blast would be able to do enough damage to knock out enough of the trap to prevent it from going off.
Edit: post full of derp. The mining charge would detonate the TNT, not break it, so you might as well set off the detonation with another TNT as it's much cheaper.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
LaserCooled

Post by LaserCooled »

Could you rather stylishly throw a stick of dynamite at the trap and destroy it that way?
ZeroKnight

Post by ZeroKnight »

Thorium-232 wrote:What's to stop you from burrowing into the floor and cutting the redstone though?
Well, seeing as it would be in your house somewhere, preferably near chests with something useless like cobblestone, how would they know that a buddy block was behind one of the chests? I don't burrow under peoples houses to steal things. If you wanted to make sure they didn't, I suppose you could put the OP's trap into the system with a chest as the original sensor.
Thorium-232

Post by Thorium-232 »

ZeroKnight wrote: Well, seeing as it would be in your house somewhere, preferably near chests with something useless like cobblestone, how would they know that a buddy block was behind one of the chests? I don't burrow under peoples houses to steal things. If you wanted to make sure they didn't, I suppose you could put the OP's trap into the system with a chest as the original sensor.
The thread was asking for undefusable traps though, is my point. People don't typically go digging into floors to disarm trapped chests, unless they're playing on an anarchy server and are suspicious of everything, as they should be. That's what this was about.

The trick is having a trap circuit that, once armed, will trigger the trap if a disarm attempt is made. The best approach is to attempt to make a dead man switch, which will trigger if power is removed from the system. Traps like that are deviously hard to make in MC though, seeing as how easy it is to splice power into a system.
Stormweaver wrote:Then you can just use the day/night cycle to separate out the adults, and put the kids in storage till you're ready to murder them.
Urian

Post by Urian »

I'd say an undefusable system might require a trigger that's not relying purely on redstone but rather use some other mechanics as well. One possible way could be a mob spawner from a dungeon with pressure plates beneath all places the mobs can spawn, meaning it's proximity based rather than action based.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea