New Release! (BTW V3.92) WOOOOOT!!!!!!! <dances>

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
aJaroOllie

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.92) WOOOOOT!!!!!!! <dances>

Post by aJaroOllie »

Congratulations FC! Thanks so much for all the hard work and dedication you put in to make this mod the best there is, take a well deserved rest now! And the change log is epic, I was expecting a "Updated BTW to MC 1.3.2" but not all the other awesome stuff, hats off to you my good sir!
IGN: Matthew_OJ
Rawny

Post by Rawny »

No! Don't go outside! Outside eats knee skin!

Thank you FC.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

My desk just went up a bit (just a bit, its a heavy desk :P). If only I wasn't at work!!!
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

YEAH! You are a fantastic Flower. Thank You so much fir this update, absolutely great man.
And HOW!
Roablin

Post by Roablin »

You are awesome! Congratulations and thanks so much.
Yeroc

Post by Yeroc »

So, just getting ready to leave for home from a trip, and boom BTW gets updated, thank you so much FC, you deserve every right to do anything you want now.

Honestly, thanks for the update!
epicGHO5T

Post by epicGHO5T »

Congrats FC! Your hard work and long hours finally payed off! Can't wait to get started with the new update! :D
Check out my channel!
www.youtube.com/epicGHO5T
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

I'm late to the forum party, because I was playing the mod lol! I got home at like 2200 last night, took a shower and got some dinner. While munching on my hamburger, my Spidy senses went wild! I jump to the computer, open up Chrome and see that the 3.91 thread isn't sticky. F5 like a madman, catch the upload post as it was posted, haven't left MC since. Going back to work in a couple hours, should shower and such...

FC, you are a God!
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
ignika42

Post by ignika42 »

Woohoo! Grats FC!
140 hours? Holy crap! Don't know how you do it, but thank you very much for this update.

Following along as you showed us it in-progress made me realize that the reason BTW is so great is the dedication of the man behind it.
A madman sat in his empire of dust and ashes. Little knowing of the glory he would achieve. Far away, the idiots and fools dreamt of a shining new future. A future now doomed to never happen.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Congratulations on finishing this update from hell. You really don't know how awesome you are for working 10+ hours a day for two weeks on something you do as hobby.

You deserve a special thanks for this one, man!
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

great job man! nothing quite like waking up with a cup of joe and find a new BTW release!
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
Mason11987

Post by Mason11987 »

xou816 wrote:Wow, what a hard work. 140 hours. That's pure dedication.
Thank you so much, FC! That's amazing! Tryin' out naow though I'll stick on 1.2.5 a little bit more since vMC 1.3.x is buggy as hell (meaning, lag due to server/client merging).
I just updated with BTW and my world is running noticably faster. Then I realized that far distance and smooth lighting was on when they used to be off. I'd give it a shot again. To me it looks like performance-wise Mojang+FC really made some good improvements :).
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Wow, thanks guys. It's awesome to wake up to this kind of outpouring of support.

Big smilies all around :)
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

You are the cause of the big smilies all round ^________________^ thank you!
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
Kreyesh

Post by Kreyesh »

Man, your dedication to the mod and fast updates(comparatively speaking) has earned you my first ever donation to a mod. However i had to go back to the minecraft forum to find the donate link, unless i missed it here on these forums you may want to add a link somewhere.

Also, my beginners guide got another 1.5k hits as everyone who hasn't played for a while jumped in again with the 1.3.2 patch compatibility now... haha.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

Thanks so much for spending your time making our MC experience so much more awesome Flower. I'll make sure to kick a puppy just for you.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Kreyesh wrote:Also, my beginners guide got another 1.5k hits as everyone who hasn't played for a while jumped in again with the 1.3.2 patch compatibility now... haha.
I too have been seeing a spike in YouTube views and subscriptions. ;) Speaking of which... is 3.92 worth an update video? It certainly was a much appreciated Hurculean effort on your part that deserves to be celebrated, but there's not a lot of net change to the end user.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

People need to know about dirt slabs. ;)
Ferrus.Manus

Post by Ferrus.Manus »

Woot! Congrats FC, and thanks for the the all hard work you put into this, now I'm pretty drunk so I can't think of anything else to say. But I think you're the best MC modder, and I hope you got just as (or even more) drunk as I'm now to celebrate this. Also auto-correct is God's to gift to the drunk people of the world.
P.S. WooOOOoooo whiskey.
Last edited by Ferrus.Manus on Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Panda

Post by Panda »

morvelaira wrote:
Kreyesh wrote:Also, my beginners guide got another 1.5k hits as everyone who hasn't played for a while jumped in again with the 1.3.2 patch compatibility now... haha.
I too have been seeing a spike in YouTube views and subscriptions. ;) Speaking of which... is 3.92 worth an update video? It certainly was a much appreciated Hurculean effort on your part that deserves to be celebrated, but there's not a lot of net change to the end user.
Oh rigghhhttt.... i need to texture those...:D
Never say no to Panda.
Cuchonchuir

Post by Cuchonchuir »

Congratulations, you really worked hard on this.

I'm going to see if I can get my friend to try this on his private server just to see what happens.
agentwiggles

Post by agentwiggles »

Ahhhh awesome! I'm very excited to update - I've been chilling out on 3.9 for a while out of laziness, so I get 2 big updates worth of stuff in one fell swoop! Thanks much FC - you're the man, seriously.

NOW BEGINS THE DAWN OF OUR INVINCIBILITY!
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

*deep breath* SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
matty79321
Location: public Location getLocation() { return new Location("Neeeerrrrrrddd"); }

Post by matty79321 »

Just loaded it up on my new 1.3 world, added all the BTW stuff I planned in, and it works really well (besides the few new bugs thanks to the SSP/SMP code merge. Also, I set my world to LAN, and it seems to work fine. I haven't tested it with other connecting clients, but I assume (as long as the right mods are installed) anyone else (on the LAN network) could join and it would work fine with multiplayer LAN. I think.

But still, nice work man.
Unfortunately, without a total rewrite, vanilla MC will still be a resource whore.
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

I LANed it up like a boss with my brother all afternoon, just to see what would happen. No game breaking bugs that I noticed (skin reverted to default after death, wolves could only be told to follow by me as I was hosting), and even those seem like vMC bugs to me. It was a blast! Most fun I've had playing in a loooong time!!!

Extra special thank you!
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her