Large biome hint/tip

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rawny

Large biome hint/tip

Post by Rawny »

I've been playing a little in in 1.3 large biome, prepping basic stuff for BTW release. FYI my closest snow biome, looking for trees and wolves cus none would spawn in my forest, was 3000 away! T'was crazy.

Hint if you are having trouble finding a specific biome in large biome: Remember the seed and recreate the world in regular size biome in creative. Fly around, find what you need/want and remember the DIRECTION to that biome from your "house".

I had checked on foot a 4000 block square in my "main" large biome world looking for a snow biome. That's many hours.
haphazardnuke wrote:"Quick and Easy" is incompatible with Better than Wolves. Try using the patch, "Sense of Accomplishment".
TheFlame52

Re: Large biome hint/tip

Post by TheFlame52 »

Good tip. In my large biomes world I live in a massive unending jungle.
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
Panda

Post by Panda »

Good Tip: Infused a chicken and a wolf and fly on it.

Or use the zeppelin mod with fuel enabled upon flight.
Never say no to Panda.
Husbag3

Post by Husbag3 »

Interesting, that would be why I have been finding many similarities between large biome and regular worlds. For example the "FlowerChild" seed is the same with both types of world generation.
If the minecraft world is infinite, why does the sun still rotate around it?
Kazuya Mishima

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

I really would love to play Large biomes one day but having gone over 3km to find my mushroom biome was pretty ridiculous. It took multiple expeditions but i found my first mushroom biome that wasn't given to me by specific seed.

Do you plan on looking for a Mushroom biome Rawny? cause i would like to know how long that takes in with large biomes.
Good luck if you do maybe update us when you find it, thought that might require a massive necro.