New forum policy: human sacrifice

A place to talk to other users about the mod.

Who shall be next?

kazerima
60%
Horizon
21%
CycloneSP
19%

Total votes: 84
TheFlame52

Re: New forum policy: human sacrifice

Post by TheFlame52 »

*grabs shadowy hood* I'm ready for the barbeque!
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
nmarshall23

Post by nmarshall23 »

If this is going to be a regular accordance. Could you get a list of sins?

How can we weight their souls otherwise?
Ulfengaard wrote:BTW by FC: Fixing vanilla, one version at a time. :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

This is awesome its funny as hell and its a good way to get everyone in the comunity talking to each other and getting to know one another!

Also if sacrificed may i wear a grass skirt and a coconut bra? C:
Never say no to Panda.
redrew89

Post by redrew89 »

nmarshall23 wrote:If this is going to be a regular accordance. Could you get a list of sins?

How can we weight their souls otherwise?
You can always search each users' posts.
FlowerChild wrote:Happiness is a warm and moist tentacle.
FlowerChild wrote:I just want to be loved.
Havok wrote: I'm so fucking psyched I could punch a kitten into the troposphere
obl1terat1ion

Post by obl1terat1ion »

Love me some good old public execution!
FlowerChild wrote:Can't make an omelet without blowing up a few chickens.
Larmantine

Post by Larmantine »

While I find this kinda funny, I don't really like the idea itself. But ah, what can i say, these are your forums, you do as you will, and everyone will be happy.
weldaSB wrote:Edit: grammer
Alphafox99

Post by Alphafox99 »

I wanna record it.

*Needed a reason to be votable* LOL
Battosay wrote:*nerd boner*
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Do you mind if I take certain organs from the bodies? I need them for my spells. And I only need stuff like the liver, or the lungs, other miscellaneous organs.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Hmm, yes, uh Horizon, you do understand that we are both up for potential sacrifice... right? What would you need organs for if you were to be chosen? I doubt your petty spells could save you from the wrath that is FC.

Though, I will admit, it would make an amazing firework show before the main display of seeing you burn. Me, I would just look pathetic as I accept my fate and walk into the lava. :(
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

"Angel has just set the complicated pistons of the lock and shut the soulforged steel lid, lying back in the knowledge that here at last is the perfect defence against the most ultimate of all life's enemies, although as yet he has not considered the important part that the SOULS must play in an enterprise of this kind.

And right beside him, very close to his ear, the voice of Flowerchild has just said: DARK IN HERE, ISN’T IT?"
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

I just wanted to, amicalement, let you know that I fundamentally dislike this idea bro.
It feels very low, and from an other Age. I expect better from you.
Ban the people who want gone, warn the people who are borderline, but not this. This is not cool.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:I just wanted to, amicalement, let you know that I fundamentally dislike this idea bro.
Ban the people who want gone, warn the people who are borderline, but not this. This is not cool.
<shrug> "C'est la vie"

We seem to not be seeing eye to eye on many issues as of late.
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FlowerChild wrote: We seem to not be seeing eye to eye on many issues as of late.
*Prepares for the inevitable sacrifice of Battosay*
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Battosay wrote:I just wanted to, amicalement, let you know that I fundamentally dislike this idea bro.
Is this a matter of the "sacrifices" being a community decided punishment, that so many people mistakenly think the voted for are getting banned, or something else?
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

And by the way: Why is it in the Mod Discussion forum? If it is just to ban several people, a off-topic thread would be enough.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Horizon

Post by Horizon »

Again: We're not certain it's banning. Could just be turning your name a different color, to signify that the community voted to throw you into a volcano. Don't complain about something you're not entirely clear on and hasn't happened yet.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
AngelWithDirtyHands

Post by AngelWithDirtyHands »

Hmm I don't think anyone actually said what was going to happen to the sacrificees... The banning thing seems to be speculation only. Anyway, there aren't any long-term consequences to a temp ban, are there? :s

*ninja'd
Spoiler
Show
Zen Proclivities wrote:Much obliged to all your devilish details FC.
...except for Hardcore Bucket, that one is a bitch. But such is life, and life says work for it you pussy.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

From what FC said on the IRC last night, I don't think he actually plans on banning them. This is one of those things that came up in the midst of the usual Friday night drunkeness on IRC. Notice he's never actually said this will result in a ban.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

In all honesty, this was more of a drunken gag while I was hanging around on IRC last night.

While I don't have issues with following through with it, I also don't have issues with abandoning it and locking it down to maintain the peace.

So that's what I'll do.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

FlowerChild wrote:<shrug> "C'est la vie"

We seem to not be seeing eye to eye on many issues as of late.
I wasn't sure if I should post the above or not, because I didn't want you to take it that way.
Yes, we recently disagreed on Burpcraft, and Ren, (and "disagree" isn't even the good work, as I completely understand your position on the matter) but I don't know where you're getting the "many".
Everything is fine by me, as my recent donation attested. I wouldn't have bought you that drink otherwise ;)
Now I have my own opinions, and as your friend I feel like I shouldn't have to hold it. I tell you what I feel, and when I disagree. It doesn't mean that I question our friendship. Maybe you got that idea because I don't post and spend much time here as I use to, mostly lurking, posting when I really feel the urge. That's only because I'm less playing, working at erratic hours, and spending more time with my new co-workers and my GF. Don't see any signs there.
If I have something to tell you, I'll say it.
I still highly respect you, your work, and our friendship :)

morvelaira wrote:From what FC said on the IRC last night, I don't think he actually plans on banning them. This is one of those things that came up in the midst of the usual Friday night drunkeness on IRC. Notice he's never actually said this will result in a ban.
That's not what I understood from the OP. And that was the point I didn't like.
If so, I'm good with it.

Horizon wrote:Again: We're not certain it's banning. Could just be turning your name a different color, to signify that the community voted to throw you into a volcano. Don't complain about something you're not entirely clear on and hasn't happened yet.
It was vague enough to be interpreted this way. And honestly, it felt like an obvious choice.
Now don't tell me what I have to do.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

It's all good man. I think it's just a testament to us having less contact with each other these days that you don't know when I'm joking around anymore.

In that context, yes, I didn't take "expected more from you" well, amicalement or not. That came across as a moral judgement, and I don't respond well to those, especially when they are voiced publicly.

Anyways, I consider it in the past, but if you'd like to discuss this further, PM is probably the correct venue in which to do so.