Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Calcifire3691

Re: Morvelaira's News Compilation

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Katalliaan wrote:Just a request - please provide sources to any images or claims. For example, that dyed armor shot is NOT from Dinnerbone, but rather a mockup from someone asking for dyed armor.
really?
*rechecks*
ah poopie

however, he DID say this:
Nathan Adams ‏@Dinnerbone

My last tweet make no sense? Go ready this. And then party, because you're going to look fabulous, darlings. http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... ble_armor/
(the link goes to the suggestion thread where that picture is from)

apologies for any confusion caused :<

edit:
also, from that thread, said by dinnerbone:
Dye something, take the result, dye the result in a different way.
0xFFFFFF different potential colours.
You'd need to put a fair bit of effort into getting a colour that looks like diamond enough to fool someone. I think you're more likely to just find diamond before then :D

they're in response to how the dyes will work, how many possible colours, and the potential to make leather look like diamond
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Once the correct sequence of dyes is known, wouldn't it be really (perhaps comparitively) quick to dye it to look like diamonds? I would imagine that this would get into the public's knowledge pretty quickly.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
jorgebonafe

Post by jorgebonafe »

But anyone that uses a texture pack would see the difference, since each armor type doesn't look necessarily the same... I wonder how the TPs will work now with this feature...
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Rianaru wrote:Once the correct sequence of dyes is known, wouldn't it be really (perhaps comparitively) quick to dye it to look like diamonds? I would imagine that this would get into the public's knowledge pretty quickly.
you'd still need significant amounts of lapis and bonemeal

a more interesting thought is if we can dye diamond to look like leather... time to shovel diamonds into a turd smear turds on diamond armour
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
Rianaru wrote:Once the correct sequence of dyes is known, wouldn't it be really (perhaps comparitively) quick to dye it to look like diamonds? I would imagine that this would get into the public's knowledge pretty quickly.
you'd still need significant amounts of lapis and bonemeal

a more interesting thought is if we can dye diamond to look like leather... time to shovel diamonds into a turd smear turds on diamond armour
It would still probably be easier to acquire than enough diamonds to make a full set of diamond armor.

A short while later:

walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Anyone else feel like they want to play with these 1.4 features more than the new ones we got in 1.3, or is it just me?
Last edited by walker_boh_65 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Me too ^^^^^^

A short while later:

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

walker_boh_65 wrote:Anyone else feel like they want to play with these 1.4 features more than the new ones we got in 1.3, or is it just me?
I'm actually concerned that these new features and the public demand for them will once again push the mod API, ID system change, and sprite indexes to yet another version.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Guys. Take the discussion of dying leather elsewhere. Since it isn't actually happening, it's not news. Again - double check and provide your sources along with your news.

To Mr. B above, I agree. It always worries me when the current release hasn't been out very long, and we're already getting big name features announced for the next release, god knows when.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

On a more positive note, Jeb has published updates to the mod API 2 days in a row, so maybe we'll see some more consistent progress. Fingers crossed.

https://github.com/Mojang/Minecraft-API/commits/master
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

morvelaira wrote: To Mr. B above, I agree. It always worries me when the current release hasn't been out very long, and we're already getting big name features announced for the next release, god knows when.
What worries me even more is that I suspect many of these features represent procrastination over working on the mod API. So, the developers themselves don't necessarily think they're a good idea, they're just avoiding working on something else.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Looks like hard mode might be getting more interesting.
Dinnerbone wrote:If our recent decoration spree doesn't tickle your hardcore-fancy, I do plan on spending next week figuring out how to make hard-mode hard
- Source -
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Shortly followed by
"I'm going to start by turning off the fire limitation on hard difficulty, probably. Suggestions welcome via reddit r/minecraft threads!"
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

DxPanxD wrote:Shortly followed by
"I'm going to start by turning off the fire limitation on hard difficulty, probably. Suggestions welcome via reddit r/minecraft threads!"
with the amount of wood we use in BTW, fire's going to be less of "oh crap, my gearboxes" and more "OH CRAP! MY GEARBOXES!"
it's gone from an inconvenience to a disaster :P
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
DxPanxD wrote:Shortly followed by
with the amount of wood we use in BTW, fire's going to be less of "oh crap, my gearboxes" and more "OH CRAP! MY GEARBOXES!"
it's gone from an inconvenience to a disaster :P
On the plus side, getting rid of a forest will be the easiest its been since the 1.6 nerf.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

The thing I don't get is that fire change was made for performance reasons in SMP, NOT due to difficulty. Unless I'm mistaken, I get the impression that this will make hard mode way laggier in SMP due to the raging forest-fires that used to be typical of it.

More challenge is wonderful, but is this really the way to do it?

I'm doing way too much face-palming these days.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

FlowerChild wrote:The thing I don't get is that fire change was made for performance reasons in SMP, NOT due to difficulty. Unless I'm mistaken, I get the impression that this will make hard mode way laggier in SMP due to the raging forest-fires that used to be typical of it.

More challenge is wonderful, but is this really the way to do it?

I'm doing way too much face-palming these days.
I don't think this is even more challenging. I think it was easier before. I've never burned down my house, but I've certainly lamented not being able to clear 40 chunks of forest in just a few minutes.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

BOUT frekin time.
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Dinnerbone~

"I made a world with some test lanes of wool for testing new fire algorithms, and the hardmode one escaped its lane and destroyed everything."

"... so yeah, I'm happy with that. :D"

He sounds like he's having fun at least. *Note to self* Fireproof everything.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

I hope they will make it so that grass will be turned into dirt when burning.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

DxPanxD wrote:Dinnerbone~

"I made a world with some test lanes of wool for testing new fire algorithms, and the hardmode one escaped its lane and destroyed everything."

So glad I usually don't use wood that much ^.^

A short while later:

The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Okay, Fire spreading faster and being less limited to where the player is located is cool (so long as they fixed the problems with it lagging severs). This however worries me. I really hope it's a matter of a mistake in how the lanes were built rather than a change in where and what fire can spread to.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Haidaes

Post by Haidaes »

The problem is what to consider fireproof, for all we know he could make make stones next to the fire spread it as well because it is "hot" or something like that. I'll be sure to not load my world in hardmode when this one goes live ;).
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Haidaes wrote:

The problem is what to consider fireproof, for all we know he could make make stones next to the fire spread it as well because it is "hot" or something like that. I'll be sure to not load my world in hardmode when this one goes live ;).
I don't think he'd go quite that far. So for now encasing all of my gear boxes in stone should do the trick. Don't want the fire from a hibachi getting any funny ideas.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Nathan Adams ‏@Dinnerbone

Dear Diary. After giving up on lighting I decided to try something else. Cloneable + shareable maps was a much better task, and works well.

FINALLY!

now I don't need to remember which block I was on, then go on an annoying hike, everytime I want to make a spare map (it will also be good for youtubers on maps with story, since they can just make more maps instead of needing to pass them around)