Vanilla Minecraft News Discussion

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Calcifire3691

Re: Morvelaira's News Compilation

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Magick_Miner wrote:1.3.2 is out

Changes

> Large Oak Trees now generate with sideways logs.
> You can now toggle showing server addresses in the server list using the F1 key

Bug Fixes:
> Fixed players sometimes falling out of the world when entering the Nether after having been there before in the same session
> Fixed players taking damage when water pushes them into corners
> Fixed various uncommon crash bugs

Not sure whether to update to it or not as i dont know which version BTW will be released to initially.
you haven't kept a backup of 1.2.5 and updated to 1.3.1, only to get a copy of 1.3.1 and then backdated to 1.2.5?
silly person, you should always get a copy of the update just in case another comes out before mods update :D

the large oak trees change is good, now I'll know wether or not the log I'm breaking is part of the stump, or going to drop me into a ravine :D
Magick_Miner

Post by Magick_Miner »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
Magick_Miner wrote:1.3.2 is out

Changes

> Large Oak Trees now generate with sideways logs.
> You can now toggle showing server addresses in the server list using the F1 key

Bug Fixes:
> Fixed players sometimes falling out of the world when entering the Nether after having been there before in the same session
> Fixed players taking damage when water pushes them into corners
> Fixed various uncommon crash bugs

Not sure whether to update to it or not as i dont know which version BTW will be released to initially.
you haven't kept a backup of 1.2.5 and updated to 1.3.1, only to get a copy of 1.3.1 and then backdated to 1.2.5?
silly person, you should always get a copy of the update just in case another comes out before mods update :D

the large oak trees change is good, now I'll know wether or not the log I'm breaking is part of the stump, or going to drop me into a ravine :D
No, i started a fresh world in 1.3.1. Which i am currently playing on without BTW. I just havent auto-updated to 1.3.2 yet as we dont know which version (1.3.1 or 1.3.2) BTW will be released in conjunction with.
warmist

Post by warmist »

Magick_Miner wrote:<...>
My speculation is that 1.3.2 ( because MCP is updated to 1.3.2 - it means that changes were very minor as it usually is with bugfixes)
Last edited by warmist on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

Please, snip the content so that there is no monster quote, ok?
I don´t know what I think about a compass on a wall...
The flower pots look fine, good for having them on your table. But pretty expensive.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Elevatator wrote:Please, snip the content so that there is no monster quote, ok?
I don´t know what I think about a compass on a wall...
The flower pots look fine, good for having them on your table. But pretty expensive.
Yeah, someone explain to me how combining 4 bricks makes a cube 1 m^3, but 5 of them makes a pot roughly 1/2 or 1/3 m^3. Then again, attempting to apply reality and logic to Minecraft just ends up in creating an dnteriimensional pime taradox. Oh god, it's happening already.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Eriottosan

Post by Eriottosan »

Fresh teaser image from Jeb, according to the 1.3.2 update news, which hints towards invisibility.
Spoiler
Show
I'm afraid I don't know how genuine it is, but it's on the news article on the MCF.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/580- ... t-instead/
私は日本語が大好きだ。だから、私と話すとき、日本語で書けば、日本語で書いてください。
I like Japanese, can you tell?
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Eriottosan wrote:Fresh teaser image from Jeb, according to the 1.3.2 update news, which hints towards invisibility.
Spoiler
Show
I'm afraid I don't know how genuine it is, but it's on the news article on the MCF.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/580- ... t-instead/
invisibility: now with obvious blue particle effects
coming soon to a snapshot near you
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

I like that pots are expensive... that leaves us with either making more expensive vanilla version or cheaper BTW version which instead requires tech tree progress :)
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

BrainNoMore wrote:I like that pots are expensive... that leaves us with either making more expensive vanilla version or cheaper BTW version which instead requires tech tree progress :)
I´m almost sure that we will be able to make them on the turntable too.
The cheaper BTW Version has an actual use, the Vanilla are just decorative.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Elevatator wrote:I´m almost sure that we will be able to make them on the turntable too.
You think that FC will make it so vMC planter/flower pot thing will be made on a turntable?
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

Elevatator wrote:I´m almost sure that we will be able to make them on the turntable too.
Eh, honestly I'd expect that won't happen given the implications for automated builds the addition would have.

And from a potters perspective: Making a ceramic object from already fired clay? It just sort of... violates very nearly everything I know about ceramics. *twitch*
(Pardon my outburst of "Not Realistic!")
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

It was too easy to think of. High Efficiency and such things. I´m wondering how much different types of walls we will get (The fency fences was about 16)
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

Panda wrote:Am I the only one who feels that maps should be I don't know, around 3 times bigger?
Nope. Finally being able to hang maps on walls is nice, but that's not at all how I'd hoped they would do it. The map should take up the entire block face, and multiple maps should connect to each other to make a giant map.
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:and multiple maps should connect to each other to make a giant map.
You do realize that would be ridiculously difficult to implement right? How are you supposed to connect maps that cover areas defined by the player and which are exceedingly unlikely to have matching edges?
DocHussey

Post by DocHussey »

Although its off-topic, I always thought that the map was poorly implemented... Like your chunk that you are standing in is the centre chunk in a 3x3 grid. At least, that would be my idea for Jeb...
FlowerChild wrote:I'm drawing a line in the soul sand.
finite8 wrote:Give me all your diamonds and your enchanted gear or your base is going to resemble a Chunk Error.
Six

Post by Six »

I'm still hoping one day they give maps a similar treatment they have to books. Such that on creation you could name, choose the level of zoom (which is already coded in there) and align the edges with an existing map.
Last edited by Six on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graphite

Post by Graphite »

Well, that situation is fixable if you take it into account while crafting maps. You could have a blank map item that can be aligned to an already existing map. Put the existing map in the middle of the crafting grid, then place the blank map on whichever side it's supposed to line up. Just leaves the question on how you specify the center of that first map :P

Addendum: Darn ninjas ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Ok, let's not get too far off topic guys. :)
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Panda

Post by Panda »

more Decorative blocks from jeb and dinnerbones twitter:
Spoiler
Show
Never say no to Panda.
Last_Jedi_Standing

Post by Last_Jedi_Standing »

FlowerChild wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:and multiple maps should connect to each other to make a giant map.
You do realize that would be ridiculously difficult to implement right? How are you supposed to connect maps that cover areas defined by the player and which are exceedingly unlikely to have matching edges?
I know. I'm saying what should happen, not what's likely to (unfortunately).
DO-RO'IK VONG PRATTE!
Nazara

Post by Nazara »

Panda wrote:more Decorative blocks from jeb and dinnerbones twitter:
Spoiler
Show
Alright, we can now all make our own little Hadrian's Wall. I like the decorative stuff a lot, I just wish it had all been taken care of long ago so it didn't have to take up time now.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

from dinnerbone: dyable armour :D

I'm torn between "blood of my enemies", "the colour out of space" and hot pink
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Does this only apply to leather armor or to other armors as well? I for one would like to dye my Soulforged Steel armor with a combination of blood, the souls of the damned, and various annoying neon colors.

EDIT: grammar
Last edited by Rianaru on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Pretty sure it's only going to be leather armor, although if it applied to other armors I'd probably dye my SFS a leathery shade of brown to disguise myself as a newb in SMP/anarchy. This could have some pretty cool applications, especially in combo with Jeb's invisibility potion. Like red armor for Nether stealth or blue to get that diamond intimidation on the cheap, And the color combos are impressive as hell! No clue how wide of a range of color there is, but all I know is that it's huge. Something around the magnitude of 16^8, although if you can actually re-dye the dyed armor with more dye after initial dying, then.... Holy f**k, Batman!
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Katalliaan

Post by Katalliaan »

Just a request - please provide sources to any images or claims. For example, that dyed armor shot is NOT from Dinnerbone, but rather a mockup from someone asking for dyed armor.
Open in case of fire
Spoiler
Show
Not now stupid - in case of fire