"Pre-release" of ModLoader 1.3.1 is now out

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Rianaru

Re: "Pre-release" of ModLoader 1.3.1 is now out

Post by Rianaru »

Calcifire3691 wrote:Ah cookie crisp, the product of what happens when marketing decide to concentrate on making something look tasty, but neglect to actually make it not taste like arse.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this :)
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Urian

Post by Urian »

It seems to be a version of the old adage: "Sell The Sizzle Not The Steak". Or to use more accurate terms, the perceived attributes of the product seem to mainly focus on the aesthetic value, foregoing attributes such as quality.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
wolfe

Post by wolfe »

FlowerChild wrote:
wolfe wrote:I wonder if he added any hooks for adding items to villager trading.
I sincerely doubt he's adding hooks right now. IMO 1.3 will likely be the last version of MC for which ML exists, given its functionality is being built into the main code base for 1.4.
Sadly That may be true. Hopefully the transition wont be too hard on longtime modders like yourself, Eloraam, Spacetoad, the Aether developers and risugami.
I play videogames, program, animate, draw, write music and play waterpolo. That makes me one unusual bowl of salsa.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

wolfe wrote:Sadly That may be true. Hopefully the transition wont be too hard on longtime modders like yourself, Eloraam, Spacetoad, the Aether developers and risugami.
Spacetoad isn't a modder anymore. The Aether doesn't exist anymore. Eloraam uses Forge, not modloader.

And ML being replaced by Mojang's code really isn't that big a deal from a modders perspective. It's just one less thing for players to have to install.
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

FlowerChild wrote:
wolfe wrote:Sadly That may be true. Hopefully the transition wont be too hard on longtime modders like yourself, Eloraam, Spacetoad, the Aether developers and risugami.
Spacetoad isn't a modder anymore. The Aether doesn't exist anymore. Eloraam uses Forge, not modloader.

And ML being replaced by Mojang's code really isn't that big a deal from a modders perspective. It's just one less thing for players to have to install.
Well, "go FlowerChild" for longevity!
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Folrig wrote:Well, "go FlowerChild" for longevity!
<pours one on the curb for SpaceToad>
TheFlame52

Post by TheFlame52 »

Most mods rely on Modloader so Rigusami's thread is probably the most popular thread on the modding forums. That gives him a lot of pressure, but also a lot of adfly clicks. The pressure will be off, but so will the popularity. He still has Audiomod (maybe) and all his other mods.
Marasambala wrote:
Eriottosan wrote:Is there a word for feeling utter pleasure but immense terror at the same time? If so, that's the word I'm looking for!
Love
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

FlowerChild wrote:The Aether doesn't exist anymore.
As much as I wish that was true, The Aether 2 isn't far off being released for the forge.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Stormweaver wrote: As much as I wish that was true, The Aether 2 isn't far off being released for the forge.
Is it? I stand corrected. It's a neat little mod, but it's not something I actively follow.
TheFlame52 wrote:Most mods rely on Modloader so Rigusami's thread is probably the most popular thread on the modding forums. That gives him a lot of pressure, but also a lot of adfly clicks. The pressure will be off, but so will the popularity. He still has Audiomod (maybe) and all his other mods.
Yeah, I suspect Audiomod will be replaced in the not so distant future too. I really don't see Mojang not providing audio support in the API.

And I really don't know about how many adfly clicks he gets given that they're optional. I really wonder what percentage of people choose to click them.
wolfe

Post by wolfe »

Stormweaver wrote:
FlowerChild wrote:The Aether doesn't exist anymore.
As much as I wish that was true, The Aether 2 isn't far off being released for the forge.
Why do you wish that wasn't true? Its a fairly decent mod.
I play videogames, program, animate, draw, write music and play waterpolo. That makes me one unusual bowl of salsa.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

wolfe wrote: Why do you wish that wasn't true? Its a fairly decent mod.
I think he's referring more to some of the fans than the mod itself. It's a mod with huge mass appeal, which also means that its audience is broad enough to contain some real idiots.

You can be almost guaranteed that if Aether 2 comes out, the BTW MCF thread will be flooded with "Y U NO AETHER COMPATIBLE!!!!" posts.
Alphafox99

Post by Alphafox99 »

Calcifire3691 wrote:Ah cookie crisp, the product of what happens when marketing decide to concentrate on making something look tasty, but neglect to actually make it not taste like arse.
Im sorry for bumping, But this..... This is to funny.
Battosay wrote:*nerd boner*
wolfe

Post by wolfe »

FlowerChild wrote:
wolfe wrote: Why do you wish that wasn't true? Its a fairly decent mod.
I think he's referring more to some of the fans than the mod itself. It's a mod with huge mass appeal, which also means that its audience is broad enough to contain some real idiots.

You can be almost guaranteed that if Aether 2 comes out, the BTW MCF thread will be flooded with "Y U NO AETHER COMPATIBLE!!!!" posts.
Oh. Yeah, there's that...

Sometimes I hope that every forum will recognize whining as a valid reason for banning...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

wolfe wrote:Sometimes I hope that every forum will recognize whining as a valid reason for banning...
That sounds like whining to me...
wolfe

Post by wolfe »

FlowerChild wrote:
wolfe wrote:Sometimes I hope that every forum will recognize whining as a valid reason for banning...
That sounds like whining to me...
I have NOTHING to say in my defense...
/neck
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

And so Wolfe took the sin of whining into himself, and Yea, he placed himself beneath the banhammer of his own accord.

Remember, my children, Wolfe was banned for your sins.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Extreme Boyheat

Post by Extreme Boyheat »

Does that mean everyone can now go on a thread-necro splurge with no consequence?
Alphafox99

Post by Alphafox99 »

Can, and should.... Two totally different things.
Battosay wrote:*nerd boner*
wolfe

Post by wolfe »

Alphafox99 wrote:
Im sorry for bumping, But this..... This is to funny.
That wasn't bumping, so no need to apologize. Therefore you shall get this:
Spoiler
Show

Yes, doctor beat. What did you think I would post?
fearofshorts

Post by fearofshorts »

FlowerChild wrote: ...
... OH MY GOD.
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:It's just one less thing for players to have to install.
FlowerChild wrote:one less thing for players to have to install.
FlowerChild wrote:players to have to install.
FlowerChild wrote:players
We're going to be spammed by people who couldn't install modloader.

May the-one-who-holds-up-blocks have mercy on us all.
Actually, may he first invent mercy and then have it for us. If he had any Steve would not respawn after his first soul urn.
EDIT: spoiler-ized!