Finding the new Soulforged Steel Block property

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
utakataJ6

Re: Finding the new Soulforged Steel Block property

Post by utakataJ6 »

When to use it....has anyone tried the phases of the moon?
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Sacrificing various cute fuzzy animals/barely sapient villagers on top of it?
Or maybe placenta...
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

Maybe it does something while in the player's inventory? Or maybe it does something by itself, without the need of anything around it?
muggsbud

Post by muggsbud »

again i bring up my thought:

has anyone tried birthing animals on it? so that the placenta particles fall onto it?
i don't have the resources or i would.
Last edited by muggsbud on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxy Boxes

Post by Foxy Boxes »

Maybe it's something it doesn't do. Has anyone tried chucking it in lava (as an item)? :P
On the internet you can be whatever you want. It's surprising so many people choose to be stupid.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Maybe it's something it doesn't do. Has anyone tried chucking it in lava (as an item)? :P
f-... for science...

:edit: *poof*

:edit: as in, it's gone :p
And HOW!
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Foxy Boxes wrote:Maybe it's something it doesn't do. Has anyone tried chucking it in lava (as an item)? :P
No, it still burns as usual.

If our ideas about the elements are correct, we should try things connected to either Earth or Air. Since the Bellows is a pretty obvious choice for Air and it doesn't do anything, I think it might just be added later - so, we need to find something related to the Earth element now.
What do you think is connected?

...Of course, this is just a theory :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:f-... for science...

:edit: *poof*

:edit: as in, it's gone :p
Perhaps you need to chuck a full stack of them in lava :P
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

muggsbud wrote:again i bring up my thought:

has anyone tried birthing animals on it? so that the placenta particles fall onto it?
i don't have the resources or i would.

Yes, and I think we have already posted that before :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Cwrd

Post by Cwrd »

Ok, i found it. took me nearly the whole day cause it was apparently a lot of bad luck involved ^^.. Don't really want to spoil it because its my first post here, but you have to use known properties at a VERY VERY VERY VERY certain place..
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Cwrd wrote:Ok, i found it. took me nearly the whole day cause it was apparently a lot of bad luck involved ^^.. Don't really want to spoil it because its my first post here, but you have to use known properties at a VERY VERY VERY VERY certain place..
This is a spoiler thread, tell us all you know!
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
BrainNoMore

Post by BrainNoMore »

I gave sfs block a couple of spins on my turntable, also I put one in my kiln (don't know why i thought that would work) so those are out too.
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Considering that Cwrd said that you have to do something already known at ONE certain position, the only single postion I can think of is the spawn. I'm at work, so I can't test, but someone try putting a block of SFS right at your spawn point, putting water next to it, and putting powered redstone on it. Then try only RS, only water, and then post some results. Or, wait an hour until I can test.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

SgtChuckle wrote:Considering that Cwrd said that you have to do something already known at ONE certain position, the only single postion I can think of is the spawn. I'm at work, so I can't test, but someone try putting a block of SFS right at your spawn point, putting water next to it, and putting powered redstone on it. Then try only RS, only water, and then post some results. Or, wait an hour until I can test.
What about Origin? ;)
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

SgtChuckle wrote:Considering that Cwrd said that you have to do something already known at ONE certain position, the only single postion I can think of is the spawn. I'm at work, so I can't test, but someone try putting a block of SFS right at your spawn point, putting water next to it, and putting powered redstone on it. Then try only RS, only water, and then post some results. Or, wait an hour until I can test.
tested all possibilities.
nothing

I wonder about 0,0?

in post edit:
nope
Cwrd

Post by Cwrd »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
nothing

I wonder about 0,0?

in post edit:
nope
Just consider that there can be bad luck involved in finding the place. This should get you on the right track.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Cwrd wrote:
Calcifire3691 wrote:
nothing

I wonder about 0,0?

in post edit:
nope
Just consider that there can be bad luck involved in finding the place. This should get you on the right track.
hmmmm...

*jumps off cliff*

(the logic being that falling off cliffs is unlucky :P)

edit: heh, in the process of digging directly down to be as unlucky as possible, i fall into a cavern, land a block away from lava, look up, and find six diamonds. I'm guessing that this isn't the place :P
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

Has anyone tried placing one on or near bedrock? The above poster reminded me that while diamonds generally mean luck, digging around at low levels, finding bedrock is usually bad luck as it means you havent found your diamonds.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Thalarctia wrote:Has anyone tried placing one on or near bedrock? The above poster reminded me that while diamonds generally mean luck, digging around at low levels, finding bedrock is usually bad luck as it means you havent found your diamonds.
that's what I did, I was at the lowest point possible
SgtChuckle

Post by SgtChuckle »

Perhaps a stronghold, in or near the End portal? He might have had bad luck in that he picked the two wrong strongholds before getting the right place.

Also, Cwrd, THIS IS A SPOILER THREAD. That means you can tell us and we're prepared to have it revealed to us.
Poppycocks wrote:Suggesting to hack the logo on all sides is akin to suggesting someone to take a crap out of a window if he doesn't like his toilet seat.
Cwrd

Post by Cwrd »

Hm looking back it was kind of fun figuring it out on my own but hey, here you go. Pick the RIGHT stronghold(yea, was actually the last of the three for me), put the block down and water next to it.
Psion

Post by Psion »

I was about to post that too. it seems minor, but if you put it down at the right stronghold and give it water, it makes a ghast sound, like if you had powered it with redstone. I'm not sure if it does anything else besides that. lol

Seems to work anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the stronghold, not just at the end portal.
Ceunon

Post by Ceunon »

So this kinda confirms my theory that, to activate the Device, we'll have to make the SFS blocks interact with different elements and, depending on the element, we'll probably open gateways to different realms.

I wonder if FC is planning on giving us a way to identify which stronghold is linked to each one of the dimensions, because it all looks too "random" so far.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Ceunon wrote: I wonder if FC is planning on giving us a way to identify which stronghold is linked to each one of the dimensions, because it all looks too "random" so far.
Ummmm...logical disconnect much? :)
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

this makes my theory I've been musing on a bit more solid :P

if the new property is that SFS blocks near the eastern stronghold shrieks at water, they're detecting areas of weakness in reality
that's why it will always shriek at redstone, and we can just open nether portals anywhere, the nether's barrier is much weaker than the rest of the planes. that's why the enderdragon uses it to store depleted souls, because it's just easier to access, and it's how we've got redstone, because the weakness is causing it to leak out and coalesce into redstone.

therefore, the dagon, icarus, and pentacle strongholds (I'm calling them that based on the canvas pictures and FC's "Dagon Stronghold" picture) are three of the nexus points, and the nether nexus encompasses the whole world.

am I close FC? :P