one simple question

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
akantorJojo

one simple question

Post by akantorJojo »

unimportant... please leave this topic
Spoiler
Show
hey,
i posted the folowing just some minutes ago and it was imediatly locked by FC and i have no idear why... because i used the seary function before with just ose simple tag: soap (in the suggestions thread only) and i also posted what i found... but see yourself:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5012

again i´m sorry if i´m pissing you off
Spoiler
Show
FlowerChild wrote:3) Don't piss me (FlowerChild) off.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20
but sometimes i seam to be to silly to get the reason why i did so... therefore i´m now asking: what is the reson? (this time!)
Last edited by akantorJojo on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simanick

Re: one simple question

Post by simanick »

As i am not i moderator i cant ban you but i will tell you now you should delete this before you have a nice vacation.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

if someone would tell me how to do so...
i was to silly to fint the button in the last minutes... :(
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

I can see a few reasons for the lock. Firstly, someone made an almost identical suggestion about the soap earlier, which FC decided against. Second, you have made a few questionable suggestions quite recently, which tends to annoy FC really quickly. Finally, the grammar and spelling in all of your posts has been pretty bad. If you are not a native speaker, this is perfectly understandable, but attempting to read your stuff can be quite challenging, which could also play into FC shutting down your post so quickly.

In other words, I would stay away from the suggestion forums for a while until you get to know the community better. They can be a deathtrap for new users.

EDIT: Grammar, oh the irony!
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Splee999 wrote:I can see a few reasons for the lock. Firstly, someone made an almost identical suggestion about the soap earlier, which FC decided against. Second, you have made a few questionable suggestions quite recently, which tends to annoy FC really quickly. Finally, the grammar and spelling in all of your posts has been pretty bad. If you are not a native speaker, this is perfectly understandable, but attempting to read your stuff can be quite challenging, which could also play into FC shutting down your post so quickly.

In other words, I would stay away from the suggestion forums for a while until you get to know the community better. They can be a deathtrap for new users.

EDIT: Grammar, oh the irony!
finaly someone who can explain me something...
and jep i´m not a native...
and i hope i will be able to heed your council.
thx for that.

if no someone could tell me how to delete this topic? or maybe someone could move this to the offtopics...
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

You could delete your text. I don't know if you can delete it.
And HOW!
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

i know... but for me it seams you can only delete replys... not the topic itself...

ah mybe now i got it ;)

PS: my grammar is realy horrible... had to edit this twice and i´m sure there still are mistakes
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

You already linked to one thread with discussion about soap in which was stated that soap is one of the asthetic blocks and can't get its own properties until this is eventually changed with the extended block IDs, therefore your question regarding that was quite unnecessary.
Then you wanted the properties of ice applied to soap blocks, so it would definitely make sense to search for ice, if you want to know why such a previous discussion wasn't welcome / didn't lead anywhere.
This search would have resulted in several informative threads with this one among them. In there is stated that the ability to create insanely fast item transport systems without needing to drop down on the y axis is considered an undesired exploit of the minecraft mechanics.
If you thought more thoroughly about your suggestion like you said, you definitely had a bit of time to put in researching prior posts on that topic.
Additionally in my personal opinion, a suggestion containing a video that's still uploading doesn't feel as long considered as you claim.
Splee999

Post by Splee999 »

akantorJojo wrote:PS: my grammar is realy horrible... had to edit this twice and i´m sure there still are mistakes
Don't worry about the specific grammar too much man. No one here is too much of a grammar nazi. Just make sure to read your posts and clean up the major typos and epic grammar bombs. We're a fairly understanding bunch.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

W[youtube][/youtube]hisp wrote:You already linked to one thread with discussion about soap in which was stated that soap is one of the asthetic blocks and can't get its own properties until this is eventually changed with the extended block IDs, therefore your question regarding that was quite unnecessary.
on this point you are right... that was ... silly
Whisp wrote:Then you wanted the properties of ice applied to soap blocks, so it would definitely make sense to search for ice, if you want to know why such a previous discussion wasn't welcome / didn't lead anywhere.
This search would have resulted in several informative threads with this one among them. In there is stated that the ability to create insanely fast item transport systems without needing to drop down on the y axis is considered an undesired exploit of the minecraft mechanics.
i hope you belive me if i tell you that i realy didn't think about this.(search for topics about water)
Whisp wrote:If you thought more thoroughly about your suggestion like you said, you definitely had a bit of time to put in researching prior posts on that topic.
Additionally in my personal opinion, a suggestion containing a video that's still uploading doesn't feel as long considered as you claim.
well... on this point ur right too... no idea what got into me doing this... i guess i wanted the idear to be out...
so if someone likes to se this short video, it just finished to upload:
Spoiler
Show