Lock the suggestion forum for a week

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
Marasambala

Lock the suggestion forum for a week

Post by Marasambala »

It been painful to watch.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Re: Lock the suggestion forum for a week

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I think a better solution is to just ban those involved, at least temporarily. Eventually the newbs will catch on or be destroyed. It seems we have had a large jump in stupidity the last couple of weeks.
And HOW!
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

The suggestions would just be posted elsewhere then. usually with the justification "Well the suggestions section is closed, but I think this is a really good idea so I'm posting it here." Of course you think your suggestion is good, otherwise you wouldn't be posting it. If not then you're a troll
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Gargantuan_Penguin

DxPanxD wrote:The suggestions would just be posted elsewhere then. usually with the justification "Well the suggestions section is closed, but I think this is a really good idea so I'm posting it here." Of course you think your suggestion is good, otherwise you wouldn't be posting it. If not then you're a troll
precisely.
And HOW!
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

It would make them easier to spot ;)

Anyway, I think you guys are right, crap would just be posted elsewhere.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

What I think needs to happen is everybody lay off the suggestion juice for a bit. I mean it is painful to read.

Also whenever you get an amazing idea, write up the post, and DO NOT press submit, let it sit there for a day. Read it again the next day. If you still think it is a great idea, go ahead and post it.
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

*Reads above post, waits 24 hours*

Well, there goes my gimp suit testificate idea.

Also, @ your signature MoR. According to Snake, War has changed :P I actually played MGS 4 right after Fallout 3, and found "War never changed" vs "War has changed" somewhat funny.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

Suggestions should have paperwork you need to fill out. Make it a requirement that suggestions all be submitted in the same way, according to a form. If you had to do even a little bit more that vomit your thought stream into text people would post fewer suggestions.

And by having a form that requires people to fill out sections like "Will this lead to automation", "what interesting gameplay will this lead to" and the like, you can get people to think a little bit about if the suggestion is interesting.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Ideas to improve the suggestion forums have been proposed in the past. Flowerchild has chosen not to alter it. I say we let him and the other mods deal with the problem, the old fashioned way, with a banhammer. I think that that is the only solution
And HOW!
TheAnarchitect

Post by TheAnarchitect »

The suggestion forum is here specifically so that you don't have to see crap suggestion posts if you don't wanna. Is it painful? Yes. Be thankful it's here. Go somewhere else unless you are a masochist.
The infinitely extendable Pottery system
Real Life is an Anarchy Server.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

I watched a forum, where newbies have to wait a certain amount of time before postin in specific areas.

But I think this will take many time to implemend , allthought its possible with PhpBB3. The question is it it worth the time ? Or its easier to just ban.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

Y'know, I was thinking this last week... and I didn't post it... because well, I guess I must be a masochist for even clicking on this section when that ominous text is all red. It is nice to have it all quarantined off in one section, and it's my own fault for looking at it. Every visit goes something like this.

"Oooh, someone posted a suggestion, maybe it will be a good one!"
*reads*
*claws eyes out*
"Well, that's the LAST time I look at this sub-forum!"
Lather, rinse, repeat

I won't lie, I've made suggestions before (2 to be exact). Since they're my ideas, I am the last person capable of judging whether they are good or bad (which is why I generally don't even bother posting suggestions.) If this board was closed they'd be in the Off Topic section or the BTW Discussion section (*shudders*). So although this would seem like a good preliminary strike, it would cause the forces of idiocy to congregate elsewhere on our beloved forums, and I would cry.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Generally, the only thing more annoying than a plague of bad suggestions, are suggestions on how to deal with it :)