So much Spidereyes

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Poppycocks

Re: So much Spidereyes

Post by Poppycocks »

Hm, nether growth + the dangerous when running mechanic + spider eyes?

Oh god, I need a bio aesthetics mod, with creepy vagoo doors, cocoon beds, glow moss and such. Right now.
kazerima

Post by kazerima »

Ultionis wrote:I really like where this is going so far...

When people read Bio-tech, they might think along the lines of JC Denton, but it really doesn't have to go that far. Blaze rods heating water for steam power would technically be a form of bio-tech, for example.

As far as the creepy eye block thing goes, wouldn't Eyes of Ender suit the role better? In just plain vMC they already seem quite sentient, plus they have the whole Sauron look going on, sortof. Spider eyes are just these sad red globs..
Why not put both of them to use? I'm sure you'll have plenty leftover Eyes of Ender from your search for the end portal. Just surround the ender eye with spider eyes for that nasty squishy feel.

As for floating eyeball things, that makes me think of those wall things from Metroid Fusion.
FlowerChild wrote:BANG! BANG! BANG!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!! GET OUT OF FUCKING MY HEAD! HIRE A FUCKING GAME DESIGNER! Fuck.
warmist

Post by warmist »

Stormweaver wrote:With us already having nether growth and blood trees...personally I feel that no hellish landscape is complete until it has eyeballs staring at you from somewhere. Maybe we'll be seen by some more vegetation further down the line?
Oh my, this reminded of Dungeon Keeper's (mm sweet memories) "Scavenger Room". For those who don't know DK it's a room full of eye thingies:
Spoiler
Show
DxPanxD

Post by DxPanxD »

Dungeon keeper <3 Sadly I can't get it to install on vista q.q Tried tweaking everything I could and followed a bunch of guides with no luck.
Apparently I'm Capitain Overcomplicate.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Sarudak wrote:Can you make it so the eye looks at you when you're in the room and if it sees you it emits a redstone signal since it sees you as an enemy but only when the light level on the pickled eye block is 9 or less since that's when spiders are aggressive to steve????

</NotSeriousSuggestion>
I like the idear of an advanced PLAYERdedector... also i think that would tecnicaly be possible to implement since the vMCencanter has this book that "looks" at the players position if you´re near it; basicly the eye-block would work the same way. and if it emity a redstone signal when dedecting a player this could be used in SMP.

The only problem that i see is taht this funktionality is already added by the lense (not in the exact same way but for its SMP use its realy simmilar working as player detector)
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Player detectors are a no-go atm, because of reasons. At least that's what I came to gather from previous discussions on this matter, specifically using the smoke bug to detect players.

Anyway, FC went silent on the matter, which means he's done with it and will or won't do something with this idea at his leisure. And more discussion about this will probably fall under the "Suggesting changes to unfinished features" category.

If you have a really good idea, you might want to take it to the suggestions, where it belongs.

EDIT: On second thought, I think I'll ignore my own advice for a second here to add one last tiny tasty tidbit of inspiration.

In the form of music and album cover art:
Spoiler
Show
Last edited by Poppycocks on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Poppycocks wrote:Player detectors are a no-go atm, because of reasons. At least that's what I came to gather from previous discussions on this matter, specifically using the smoke bug to detect players.

Anyway, FC went silent on the matter, which means he's done with it and will or won't do something with this idea at his leisure. And more discussion about this will probably fall under the "Suggesting changes to unfinished features" category.

If you have a really good idea, you might want to take it to the suggestions, where it belongs.
Blue: This is not the kind of playerdetector you mention here. The spidereyeblock has a realy short range and may require visual contact. so this is not fitting in the discusson you thought.

Green: I guess I may not do so cause of:
FlowerChild wrote:
akantorjojo wrote:I will see if i can help him with some good idears ;)
Please don't.
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

akantorJojo wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:Player detectors are a no-go atm, because of reasons. At least that's what I came to gather from previous discussions on this matter, specifically using the smoke bug to detect players.
Blue: This is not the kind of playerdetector you mention here. The spidereyeblock has a realy short range and may require visual contact. so this is not fitting in the discusson you thought.
Range doesn't really matter. A range of two blocks would already suffice to build a player detector above, below or to the side of a corridor that cannot be detected by a player, which is one of the main reasons FC was against something like that.
And if you need visual contact, why can't you do it with a lens?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

akantorJojo wrote:-snip-
Why are you still talking about it then? Because you think it's a REAAAAALY good idea? Because you want it?

Yeah, good reasons I guess, try suggesting it again, maybe you'll do better this time.
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

ahhhh... you still did not get what i mean...

wait i will make a short video and uplode it as you can se in the video i used a lende and detector block to got the derstonesignal that seams to go out of the enchantment-table.

BUT the importat thig you should see in this video is, that the redstonesignal is inizialised when the player comes in a certain range, the exact same range the book on the table has. that was to show how a playerdetector could work in the optical way. (imagine a scary eye instead of the book locking at you and maybe making some noise!)
Whisp wrote:Range doesn't really matter. A range of two blocks would already suffice to build a player detector above, below or to the side of a corridor that cannot be detected by a player, which is one of the main reasons FC was against something like that.
And if you need visual contact, why can't you do it with a lens?
that problem can eayily be solved: give the noise trigger a range of 4 Blocks and the redstonetrigger a range of 2 Blocks... and the player is able to scout the trap. Or as mentioned the eye needs vision of his taget; and now we could not use the lense, cause the lense covers a 1x1x128"cube" while this sort of detectios cowers something like a 8x8x8Block... an thats a huge difference.
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

akantorJojo wrote: that problem can eayily be solved: give the noise trigger a range of 4 Blocks and the redstonetrigger a range of 2 Blocks... and the player is able to scout the trap. Or as mentioned the eye needs vision of his taget; and now we could not use the lense, cause the lense covers a 1x1x128"cube" while this sort of detectios cowers something like a 8x8x8Block... an thats a huge difference.
Then just use more than one lense.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
akantorJojo

Post by akantorJojo »

Elevatator wrote:Then just use more than one lense.
XD well that may be an option but.
1. do yo have an idear of how big the whole thing would be if u try to use more then one lende? in case you want to cower a large area...
2. you lose the cool decoration thing of the spider-eye-blocks looking at you (but well thats something just decorative so as far as I know thats something that FC would implement only if he likes this little joke)
XantyZon

Post by XantyZon »

It's nice to see some things that I was talking about last month comming up again.
http://sargunster.com/btwforum/viewtopi ... 797#p71797
Is it better to have posted and failed or to have never posted at all?