Hello Everyone!

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Shady

Hello Everyone!

Post by Shady »

Hello everyone, I'm Shady, and this is my first post to these forums. I've been lurking for a long time (about a month after turntables were added), and I think I've got a good grasp on how things go around here. I have a world which I've gotten to steel and built a mob trap/XP grinder in (which has produced an Arcane Scroll, something I'm pretty happy about). One thing though, I'm not very good with redstone, I can never seem to build anything right. Does anyone have any tips on how to get better with it?
FlowerChild wrote: Maybe the looting organ happens to fly right in his face as his battle-axe cleaves a villager in two, and causes him to scream "Eureka!".
simanick

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by simanick »

my suggestion to get better will redstone is to play with it, do something absurd.
learn a few gates had how to use them, and , or and RS nor and the simplest which have much use.

Edit: oh and welcome... sorry im really bad a reading everything...
Last edited by simanick on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shady

Post by Shady »

Thanks for the advice :)
FlowerChild wrote: Maybe the looting organ happens to fly right in his face as his battle-axe cleaves a villager in two, and causes him to scream "Eureka!".
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Shady wrote:Thanks for the advice :)
Hey shady, I was very bad at the beginning(with btw) with redstone, now I can make systems to that what I want (ok they are very big, but they work)
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Awfulcopter

Post by Awfulcopter »

The wiki on redstone logic is a good reference.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Redstone_Circuits
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

One redstone challenge that makes a good tutorial is creating a secret door using sticky pistons that can be opened from either side. Since you need either a T-flipflop or an XNOR gate (if you do it vanilla style), there is some good wiring in it.

Also, welcome to the forums :)