Phase 7?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
STrRedWolf

Re: Phase 7?

Post by STrRedWolf »

AngelWithDirtyHands wrote:Hahaha I've been gone awhile, but this thread is totally priceless! :') I'm going to wait for 1.3 to screw up terrain generation and then start a new map, though. Grr. They say patience is a virtue...
That's the idea myself, do a pure 1.3 map. I'll regen the whole setup and rebuild.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

1.3 is changing terrain gen?
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

Jungle and desert temples. I don't remember anything off the top of my head that would be changing the landscape aside from that.
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
sargunv
Site Admin

Post by sargunv »

Rianaru wrote:Jungle and desert temples. I don't remember anything off the top of my head that would be changing the landscape aside from that.
Also: Emeralds and sandstone villages.
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

There was also something about mountains being made slightly higher, but mostly the terrain changes are rather "meh".
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Also: large biomes.

The options for large biomes is the main thing I'm waiting for in 1.3.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Rianaru

Post by Rianaru »

You would have lots of double chests full of clay blocks if you could find a swamp biome in that terrain generation mode O_o
FlowerChild wrote: -----

A short while later:

FlowerChild: What is this pussy shit?
Marasambala

Post by Marasambala »

I wanted to use large biomes when I started my latest BTW world. Using the snapshot in creative, I explored 1.5 maps in every direction (it took forever, but that's what multitasking with the TV is for.)

Next, I started a survival world in 1.2.5 and copied all the region data over from the explored map. Then, I played from there.

Meanwhile, I'm keeping the data file from the snapshot so that I will still have the 1.3 seed. Plus, if I accidently travel outside my pre-explored range, I can explore more from the snapshot and overwrite or mcedit/replace the offending chunks.

Once 1.3+BTW update rolls around, I'll dump everything into a chest and move the region files back into the 1.3 save.
And finally, I'll use the 1.3 creative 'cheats' command to return the world to survival.

The biggest problem I can see is the matter of strongholds. The 1.3 generation created the strongholds wherever the seed declares. But the seed from 1.2.5 probably dictates the stronghold locations at different coordinates from where they actually exist. So I won't be able to find them, but I could build the mystery machines at the 1.2.5 coordinates. And/or I shall wait until 1.3 to worry about the strongholds and any associated tech.
Sometimes I think everyone else is smarter than me, then I realize everyone else is smarter then me.
utakataJ6

Post by utakataJ6 »

Actually, I'm *pretty* sure the coordinates for strongholds would be the same between a large and normal biomes map of the same seed.
morvelaira:
Not all Minecraft players have stamped down the knee-jerk, lawful-good Superman reaction yet. We do hold a rather high proportion of the enlightened on these forums ;)
flowerchild:
Not to mention a mod that trains the player to be rather morally ambivalent ;)