need help with bloodwood farm

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
gyx

need help with bloodwood farm

Post by gyx »

Hi there
I plan to build a automatic bloodwood farm,However,I found it's not possible to get bloodwood sapling from bloodwood leaves with a BD,like videos shown before,So is there a way to automatic collect bloodwood sapling?
many thanks
Deepsniper

Re: need help with bloodwood farm

Post by Deepsniper »

You don't actually need to fully cut down the trees to make it an auto one.
gyx

Post by gyx »

Deepsniper wrote:You don't actually need to fully cut down the trees to make it an auto one.
Does it mean I need to leave the upper part of the tree continue to grow and harvest their sapling in some other way,like burn them or someway?
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

You can build one big tube where you let a single bloodwood tree grow in a controlled fashion.
Psion

Post by Psion »

as long as the bottom most log is left alone on the soulsand, the tree will continue to grow up and out, letting you control its upper growth where you want and then put saws there.

it also means you can check a bloodwoods growth by taking out the bottom log, if you want decorative bloodwood trees. I THINK you can just replace the log after removing it, and it still wont grow, from what i recall testing it out.
gyx

Post by gyx »

Poppycocks wrote:You can build one big tube where you let a single bloodwood tree grow in a controlled fashion.
well, maybe a circle is my fashion
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

gyx wrote:
Poppycocks wrote:You can build one big tube where you let a single bloodwood tree grow in a controlled fashion.
well, maybe a circle is my fashion
You can make it a dodekahedron for all I care :P. The point is to leave the bottom log there.