Steel Re-inforced blocks

If you want to get banned, this is the place to post.
echo off

Steel Re-inforced blocks

Post by echo off »

Now that steel is in the game, perhaps add a new construction block that uses it. Bricks suck, they ugly and boring looking. They're also not that strong for a block made by man. In fact, if i put some steel bars in some cement, that should be almost as strong as obsidian!

So how about that: a new block that is re-enforced with steel so that it is almost as hard to break as obsidian? while you're at it, maybe you can add dyes to this 'new' cement to slightly alter it's color? that's not two idea's in one thread i promise!
darahalian

Re: Steel Re-inforced blocks

Post by darahalian »

I wouldn't be against a steel block like the existing iron block. Also, If you think brick looks ugly and boring, then use/make a texture pack to change how it looks.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
thepokkanome

Post by thepokkanome »

the truth is that there's no need for stronger blocks. regular cobblestone can already stand up to a creeper attack just fine, and even in the nether cobble stone can resist ghasts.

what im saying is unless something more dangerous is added to the game, the blocks we have right now are already really strong
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

the only thing resistant to creerper blasts is obsidian unless i am mistaken
PatrickSJ

Post by PatrickSJ »

Obsidian is the only thing to withstand a creeper 1 block away. Brick and cobblestone are more resistant at different distances.
thepokkanome

Post by thepokkanome »

i meant that if you build a big house out of cobblestone, are you really gona be scared of a creeper destroying it? especially if you added torches and walls to prevent creeper spawns. a creeper cant blow you up from the other side of a wall
TheHoboHunted

Post by TheHoboHunted »

If Endermen are implemented in 1.8, a steel reinforcement for walls and such might be a good thing. Keep them from idly dismantling your battlements. But that's a ways off.
FlowerChild wrote:Hehe...when have any of my additions to the game been innocent? :)
finite8

Post by finite8 »

I like this idea. Simple to implement if you use a Concrete bucket in the recipie (most modern constructions use steel rods inside of concrete to improve the Tensile and Flexural strength).
Flowerchild (IRC) wrote:I'm not trying to stop you BTW ..., I'm saying that I think you're a piece of shit...not the same thing
thepokkanome

Post by thepokkanome »

i guess it would give more use to steel and concrete, and add more variety to buildings aesthetically

i just wish there was more things that exploded i guess. im an explosion kind of guy
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Then get Mo' Creatures and turn on the ogres and hold tight....
echo off

Post by echo off »

hmm... maybe it could be made so that you lay down steel reinforcements, and when you apply the concrete bucket to those reinforcements the concrete will spread, but only within the reinforced blocks? could therefore also help make building with concrete easier. it's also help prevent it from being too overpowered.