I started a new world to test out all the changes.

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Xecaquan

I started a new world to test out all the changes.

Post by Xecaquan »

I had been wondering about all the changes FC had made to items like the water wheel etc, seeing that I have been playing the same world save for BTW for the past at least 3 months. Took me just about 10 hours of game play over two days to get to my first steel tools.

Used my standard installation of BTW, Mo' Creatures and Nature's Overhaul, but with so little time NO had very little effect on the environment. MC on hard

All I can say is I went wahoo! I used to think getting your hemp farm was a big deal but grinding out glue on a new world is just painful! Think I spent more time hunting for mob parts than I did anything else.

Some Highlights:
- Got lucky and walked into a 6 wolf pack after hunting skeletons all night, yet lost one to the netherrack under my cauldron. Dumb wolves.
- Died twice, once while forgetting to hold shift while I leaned out to place my windmill! Other time I got trapped between two creepers and an ogre, not a good place to be.
- After finishing my Crucible setup, I had just one yes one redstone left. Thank the gods that was my goal.
- My spawn into the nether couldn't be worse or better... depending on if you want lightblocks or cement. The spawn was in the ceiling right next to a group of glowstone, yet from there all I could see was lava way way below me and no soulsand in sight.

I will say it was fun starting over to struggle through the tech tree again after being spoiled with an old developed map. Quite a bit more satisfaction in getting my 1st steel pick than it was for me before. Or the joy of seeing that 1st water wheel spinning after dealing with the windmill, thinking to myself screw you glue! Don't get me wrong I still love the windmill, but I didn't have the lapis for a detector so having to listen for rain is a pain :)

As always thanks for the mod FC, and I would suggest for anyone who hasn't in a while start a new world. Now back to looking for more redstone and a slime friendly chunk to put a farm!
Last edited by Xecaquan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KriiEiter

Re: I started a new world to test out all the changes.

Post by KriiEiter »

Lucky for me when I started my new world I found a near-surface skeleton spawner. Lots of parts for glue right away.

I'm working on building a normal mob grinder now though, as I love to mess with TnT and who knows if I'll need even more glue down the road.
Deepsniper

Re: I started a new world to test out all the changes.

Post by Deepsniper »

KriiEiter wrote:Lucky for me when I started my new world I found a near-surface skeleton spawner. Lots of parts for glue right away.

I'm working on building a normal mob grinder now though, as I love to mess with TnT and who knows if I'll need even more glue down the road.
ha me too skele spawner just next door :) wolfies here i come