Redstone genius needed

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Pentagram

Redstone genius needed

Post by Pentagram »

Hey everyone.. Or just the redstone genius'...

I'm trying to make the "launch" buttons for my powered rail also call a cart from the opposite end... which is around 250 blocks away in the nether.

The space available is 2x2 (2 wide, 2 high - can expand to 3 high).

I need the wire to accept signals from both ends, and transmit them to the other end..

Is there any way of doing this?

I swear I've done this before, but the server I did it on is offline, so I can't check..
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Stormweaver

Re: Redstone genius needed

Post by Stormweaver »

something 250 blocks away wouldn't be in a loaded chunk, so you wouldn't be able to call it at all.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

.... Damn >_<
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

But what you could do is multiple stages at long distances like 128 blocks away using lenses :D
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

Problem: This is on Edolas server, no BTW :(
Gdnite

Post by Gdnite »

Tie a wolf to the minecart and promise to feed it when it gets to the other end.... But yeah unless the chunks in question are loaded at the other end and in the middle there would be no possible way to do that.
gftweek

Post by gftweek »

I assume the purpose is to always have a minecart ready at each end?

Instead couldn't you just use a couple of minecart pez dispensers or even just item dispensers (more manual though as you have to reload them by hand IIRC)?
The Phoenixian

Post by The Phoenixian »

gftweek wrote:I assume the purpose is to always have a minecart ready at each end?

Instead couldn't you just use a couple of minecart pez dispensers or even just item dispensers (more manual though as you have to reload them by hand IIRC)?
Actually, hand reloading may be avoidable if you have the pez dispensers automatically send a cart to the other side for each cart that arrives and then send the arrived cart into storage. You might need a two lane track in order to keep carts from opposite sides from smashing into each other though.
♪ The screams of the souls of the damned and dying,
Fuels for me, the Industry. ♪
Urian

Post by Urian »

A really easy way would be to have a detector rail near your end destination and have it send a signal when you pass it that sends a cart on the other track back where you came from.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea