New Release! (BTW V3.80)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Battosay

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.80)

Post by Battosay »

You ? Me ? Babies ?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Battosay wrote:You ? Me ? Babies ?
Don't tease me. I'm a very lonely man :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

It would be released while I was in court all day. (Victories all around against the ex :) )

But thank you FC. As always, appreciate you man.
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

FlowerChild wrote:-Added Candles as a new item (2 Tallow + Hemp Fiber). These will have additional uses down the road once the extended block IDs are available in vanilla.
Finally, a candle that isn't purely aesthetic!
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Azdoine wrote:Finally, a candle that isn't purely aesthetic!
Oh gods no. I hardly do anything that is purely aesthetic ;)
destineternel

Post by destineternel »

FlowerChild wrote: -Changed the sound pigs make when giving birth to be more appropriate to the situation.
+1 So much better.
<DaveYanakov> I know I overuse them and put them in inappropriate places but they just feel so good.
<icynewyear> shit is delicious
<MagikEh> Don't try to give me da D
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

I just thought of an interesting use for candles dyed brown. (haven't seen em just yet so I can't ascertain the exact appearance) But if brown candles look just like dynamite, then you could fill a huge double chest with brown candles and mix your stacks of dynamite in with the candles in the future anarchy server as a method to hide your dynamite.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

CycloneSP wrote:I just thought of an interesting use for candles dyed brown. (haven't seen em just yet so I can't ascertain the exact appearance) But if brown candles look just like dynamite, then you could fill a huge double chest with brown candles and mix your stacks of dynamite in with the candles in the future anarchy server as a method to hide your dynamite.
Lol? Cool I'll take all your candles and your dynamite... :P

EDIT: Also great release! Looks interesting. I'm scared to try it with my BTB world though...
CycloneSP

Post by CycloneSP »

Sarudak wrote:
CycloneSP wrote:I just thought of an interesting use for candles dyed brown. (haven't seen em just yet so I can't ascertain the exact appearance) But if brown candles look just like dynamite, then you could fill a huge double chest with brown candles and mix your stacks of dynamite in with the candles in the future anarchy server as a method to hide your dynamite.
Lol? Cool I'll take all your candles and your dynamite... :P

EDIT: Also great release! Looks interesting. I'm scared to try it with my BTB world though...

Okay, so it's not the greatest idea in the world, but I'm trying. My reason behind it was that if an infiltrator saw a chest full of candles, he wouldn't want to mouse over every single stack to see if any of em were dynamite. Not to mention said infiltrator wouldn't be able to carry all of that anyway.
"So tell me, what's it like living in a constant haze of stupidity?" - Hiei

"Snow is not fire, so it can still rain." -Kaitocain
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

That's all well and good but candles are kinda expensive in the first place. In fact almost as expensive as dynamite. Maybe more if you consider each one takes a dung to make. Also if an someone finds your base he just needs to make a small cache somewhere nearby and ferry everything he wants over there and he can pick it up at his leisure.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

*Sees post
"Huh? Oh, another troll. Haha."
*Clicks post
*Reads the first sentence
"Wait, WHAT!?"

I still have yet to read the entire post, but I'm sure that it will be full of epic.

EDIT: It's full of epic.
Quality comes before quantity.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Hate to be "That guy", but...

Soap: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1059&p=13533&hilit=soap#p13533

Candles: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1182&p=15825&hilit=candles#p15825

Both suggestions were shot down :P
Quality comes before quantity.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ThatOneDude wrote:Hate to be "That guy", but...
What a coincidence. I hate you being that guy too.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Those suggestions weren't for the same thing as the current items. They differ very much in implementation so even though they have the same name and real life counterpart, they aren't the same. Also, those suggestions were "shot down" because they broke several of the rules (only one suggestion per thread, don't suggest something just to add a use to an item, etc)
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
ivyn

Post by ivyn »

Thank god pigs drop more porkchops, I was getting depressed that I couldn't have a bar of soap to remember each pig I mercilessly killed.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

ivyn wrote:Thank god pigs drop more porkchops, I was getting depressed that I couldn't have a bar of soap to remember each pig I mercilessly killed.
Well, that one is really just a vanilla change. I just decided I liked it so much, and it fit so well with the other functionality in the mod, that I wanted to get it in there ahead of the official release :)

Oh, and there's another one for the short-list of changes Mojang has made recently that I approve of ;)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FlowerChild wrote:
ivyn wrote:Thank god pigs drop more porkchops, I was getting depressed that I couldn't have a bar of soap to remember each pig I mercilessly killed.
Well, that one is really just a vanilla change. I just decided I liked it so much, and it fit so well with the other functionality in the mod, that I wanted to get it in there ahead of the official release :)

Oh, and there's another one for the short-list of changes Mojang has made recently that I approve of ;)

...So, what about shift-clicking armor? ;)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Itamarcu wrote:...So, what about shift-clicking armor? ;)
Eh, I don't want to start messing with more base-classes for something that is so special-case.

I agree that it's very nice and convenient, but it really doesn't have much impact on gameplay. The pig-farming thing on the other hand is pretty crucial to BTW, especially given the changes I made to chickens with this release.
darahalian

Post by darahalian »

FlowerChild wrote:
Itamarcu wrote:...So, what about shift-clicking armor? ;)
Eh, I don't want to start messing with more base-classes for something that is so special-case.

I agree that it's very nice and convenient, but it really doesn't have much impact on gameplay. The pig-farming thing on the other hand is pretty crucial to BTW, especially given the changes I made to chickens with this release.
I don't want to go too off-topic, but the convenient inventory mod lets you shift click armor (and lots of other useful things), and it doesn't conflict with BTW in any way.
FlowerChild wrote:Remain ever vigilant against the groth menace my friends. Early detection is crucial in avoiding a full-blown groth epidemic.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Spoilery question ensues:
(Do not view if you want to discover 3.80 yourself)
Spoiler
Show
Is an arcane scroll used up upon enchanting?
Last edited by Azdoine on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Azdoine wrote:Spoilery question ensues:
There's a whole thread for that. It's sticky.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:
Azdoine wrote:Spoilery question ensues:
There's a whole thread for that. It's sticky.
I didn't want to post there because I wouldn't be submitting any new discovered information.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

darahalian wrote:I don't want to go too off-topic,
But...you did anyways. Have a nice vacation.

A general and rather useful rule of thumb for life: if someone is saying "I don't want to do foo", that usually means that's exactly what they're doing, they know it at some level, but are trying to self-justify. It's a huge tell. We've had two examples of that already in this thread.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: A general and rather useful rule of thumb for life: if someone is saying "I don't want to do foo", that usually means that's exactly what they're doing, they know it at some level, but are trying to self-justify. It's a huge tell. We've had two examples of that already in this thread.
I don't want to sound like a sycophant but you're totally right! ... ... ... Dangit...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote: I don't want to sound like a sycophant but you're totally right! ... ... ... Dangit...
Ok...that's worth an 'lol' :)