Hopper Filters: what filters what?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Whisp

Re: Hopper Filters: what filters what?

Post by Whisp »

@Deepsniper:
In what situation do you need hemp to be separated from wheat and sugar cane?
Separation is needed in mob farms, because you can't choose which mob spawns, but in all my worlds I had separate wheat, hemp and sugar cane farms, since they have different grow timings anyway. Therefore you can simply transport them via different water streams, lifts, etc.
Stormweaver

Post by Stormweaver »

Whisp wrote:@Deepsniper:
In what situation do you need hemp to be separated from wheat and sugar cane?
Separation is needed in mob farms, because you can't choose which mob spawns, but in all my worlds I had separate wheat, hemp and sugar cane farms, since they have different grow timings anyway. Therefore you can simply transport them via different water streams, lifts, etc.
Some people have the reed clock integrated into the hemp/wheat farms, so it ends up flowing down the same channels.
PatriotBob wrote:Damn it, I'm going to go eat pumpkin pie while I still think that it tastes good.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

more like i would like to design an all in 1 automated sorting factory, meaning sorts: all farmed goods, all passive mob drops as well as all hostile mob goods
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

In that case it's rather difficult. May I suggest that you grind the wheat directly at the farm before transporting it with the other stuff. That way you could at least separate the flour with a wicker, although you would get the gunpowder from creepers in there, too.
But since cake and bread can also be made with flour, there's not really a reason to leave wheat unprocessed.
For the other two I don't have an idea yet, especially since you want to leave some of the sugar cane unprocessed for paper.
I also can't think of a filter that would reliably sort these three plants, because they have rather similar shape and size.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

well the roller should work because wheat and hemp are fibrous but the cane is more of a stick... but yeah i was planning on grinding both wheat and hemp in the same mill then sorting them out later...
HavokSCOUT

Post by HavokSCOUT »

If you are planing on doing that, then you can use a wicker filter to filter out the sugar, then a roller to filter out the fibers.
Spoiler
Show
Brony, and proud of it
CheGiuAn wrote:ppl should have faith, not religion....
Katalliaan wrote:It's a tech shrub, more like
MagikEh wrote: D: THE SEEKRET OF SYRUPEY BEAVER NIPPLES HAS BEEN EXPOSED!!! ABORT~!~!
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Yes i could but i need the actual cane reeds to make wickers and stuff...