Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack[BTW 4.9Marsupial]

This sub-forum is dedicated to add-ons and texture packs for Better Than Wolves.
jorgebonafe

Re: Pandoku's Texture Pack (Hotter Crucibles!)[3.71] Vmc: 12

Post by jorgebonafe »

Panda, message for you:

http://youtu.be/kSbFwGVnGIU?t=10m18s
Better Than Wolves was borne of anal sex. True Story.
Panda

Post by Panda »

jorgebonafe wrote:Panda, message for you:

http://youtu.be/kSbFwGVnGIU?t=10m18s
Already fixed for next release, theres gonna be a much better update to for BTB
Never say no to Panda.
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Hey panda I'm trying to download your TP but litterally cannot find your download anywhere...
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

I guess the mods cleaned a few posts and Panda's post got moved to the previous page.
Here's the correct link:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/513 ... ry14328618
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

Thanks man!
Panda

Re: Pandoku's Texture Pack (Alot Updated...)[3.80] Vmc: 12w2

Post by Panda »

Updated, link fixed and looking for an oppinion on the new pillars... :O
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

I do like the new pillars, the texture is much more bold than the previous version. :D
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
[19:24] <Horizon> what's it do?
[19:25] <Ribky> it eats your goddamn animals
Whisp

Post by Whisp »

Dito!
The new pillars definitely look great.
And since I'm already posting, I really love the detector and buddy block. First time I noticed the change, I simply stood there for a few minutes, watching my saw go, because it just looked so amazing! :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Thanks guys it was a tough move to change a block that already looked good but I did it! Do you guys ever feel like you've found a gift when you see a change I made and like it?
Never say no to Panda.
Panda

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [ BTW 3.90] I like fungus

Post by Panda »

Opinion on the new nether fungus? : )
Come on guys
Never say no to Panda.
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

I like it :)
I didn't realise the texture pack had been updated until now.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

My thoughts on the latest version of the texture pack:
-The nether fungus looks awesome, I mean you really nailed it, great job :)
-New mycelium looks great too, way more organic looking as opposed to the previous, more cartoonish, version. (I like more organic looking blocks) :P
-Steel armor looks better than it did before, but its still visibly a color swap of the diamond armor.
-I like new blood wood sapling texture, it looks more sinister.
-I think the jungle wood planks are much too brown, I find it difficult to tell the difference between the jungle wood planks and the spruce wood planks when they aren't side by side.

I'm not really feeling the new BTW Light Block texture. Its too much like the Redstone Lamp in style, the only real difference being the color. it also lacks the its transparency when its in its off state. The current way they are just makes it difficult to tell the difference between the two, being that the blocks are functionally very different it could lead to some confusion.

I was also never a big fan of the 'ornate' or 'decorative' glowstone texture, I much prefer an organic look to it. But that's just preference :)

I also found a few stray pixels on some of the BTW items.

Keep up the great work, Panda. :D
An IRC Conversation wrote: [19:24] <Ribky> on the bright side, i did my first modifications with the MCP today... :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:My thoughts on the latest version of the texture pack:
-The nether fungus looks awesome, I mean you really nailed it, great job :)
-New mycelium looks great too, way more organic looking as opposed to the previous, more cartoonish, version. (I like more organic looking blocks) :P
-Steel armor looks better than it did before, but its still visibly a color swap of the diamond armor.
-I like new blood wood sapling texture, it looks more sinister.
-I think the jungle wood planks are much too brown, I find it difficult to tell the difference between the jungle wood planks and the spruce wood planks when they aren't side by side.

I'm not really feeling the new BTW Light Block texture. Its too much like the Redstone Lamp in style, the only real difference being the color. it also lacks the its transparency when its in its off state. The current way they are just makes it difficult to tell the difference between the two, being that the blocks are functionally very different it could lead to some confusion.

I was also never a big fan of the 'ornate' or 'decorative' glowstone texture, I much prefer an organic look to it. But that's just preference :)

I also found a few stray pixels on some of the BTW items.

Keep up the great work, Panda. :D
Thanks for the good input taking the light block into consideration again lol and please tell me the location of the stray pixels : )
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote: Thanks for the good input taking the light block into consideration again lol and please tell me the location of the stray pixels : )
The Redstone Eye (upper left), Broadhead (upper left and bottom), and Refined Hoe (lower right). :)
Ribky

Post by Ribky »

There's some leftover blue/transparency spots on the ferns as well.

Other than that, looking nice Panda :)
The spice must flow...

[03:28] <Detritus_> Weird, I'm still logged in her
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Very cool TP! I didn't like Dokucraft at first, but yours is definitely.. better!
I especially like the wool and wooden planks, and of course BTW elements (gearbox is awesome).
Also, the font you used for this TP is much more comfortable to read than Doku's/default TP's.
And the game interface is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Well, great job! I think the only little things I don't like are the slimes...
About the Light Block: I honestly don't like FC's default texture, and it being a recolored version of the redstone lamp in your TP is useful for decoration.
As many other said, the Glowstone is very cool as a decoration, but seeing it in bunches in the nether is a bit strange...

Oh and btw (meaning "by the way" this time) I think you forgot to update your textures for Sargunster's addon. Or maybe it is just Optifine messing things up =p
Panda

Post by Panda »

xou816 wrote:Very cool TP! I didn't like Dokucraft at first, but yours is definitely.. better!
I especially like the wool and wooden planks, and of course BTW elements (gearbox is awesome).
Also, the font you used for this TP is much more comfortable to read than Doku's/default TP's.
About the Light Block: I honestly don't like FC's default texture, and it being a recolored version of the redstone lamp in your TP is useful for decoration.
As many other said, the Glowstone is very cool as a decoration, but seeing it in bunches in the nether is a bit strange...

Oh and btw (meaning "by the way" this time) I think you forgot to update your textures for Sargunster's addon. Or maybe it is just Optifine messing things up =p
Please do tell me whats missing :D
Never say no to Panda.
xou816

Post by xou816 »

Panda wrote:
xou816 wrote:Very cool TP! I didn't like Dokucraft at first, but yours is definitely.. better!

Please do tell me whats missing :D
I guess you're talking about Sargunster's addon? Well, it seems that both boats (sturdy and steel) textures are missing. That's pretty much everything!
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Panda, I forget, why can't you post links/pictures for Pandoku on these forums, again?
Quality comes before quantity.
Panda

Post by Panda »

ThatOneDude wrote:Panda, I forget, why can't you post links/pictures for Pandoku on these forums, again?
Cause some (and i mean limited things) stuff i use is part of Dokucraft the saga continues, and if i post it outside there forum im technically stealing their textures. :D

Come now its one or two extra mouse click though...
Never say no to Panda.
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

So, even if you show screenshots of your texture pack in use - even if you're hosting your download off their thread/sit, then they say you're stealing their stuff? That's utter bullshit, Panda, and you shouldn't let them push you around like that.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

Panda wrote:
ThatOneDude wrote:Panda, I forget, why can't you post links/pictures for Pandoku on these forums, again?
Cause some (and i mean limited things) stuff i use is part of Dokucraft the saga continues, and if i post it outside there forum im technically stealing their textures. :D

Come now its one or two extra mouse click though...
I know, I'm not complaining, just wondering.
I am a bit confused, however. If I recall correctly, the author of TSC has a policy where you're allowed to use his textures in a pack as long as you give him credit. Is that not a thing, anymore?

(By the way, after reading some of my previous posts in this thread, I couldn't help but notice how terribly rude and immature I was. I'd like to apologize for that.)
Quality comes before quantity.
Syruse

Re: Panda's Dokucraft Texture Pack [BTW 3.91] Have a Toad!!

Post by Syruse »

Sneaky Panda, you updated the texture pack with out saying you did :P

Not having a change log makes it hard to see what you changed. :)
Panda

Post by Panda »

Syruse wrote:Sneaky Panda, you updated the texture pack with out saying you did :P

Not having a change log makes it hard to see what you changed. :)
Haha i cant even keep track.. :D
As a general rule if something has updated anywhere its safe to assume this pack is updated :D
Never say no to Panda.
Syruse

Post by Syruse »

Panda wrote: Haha i cant even keep track.. :D
As a general rule if something has updated anywhere its safe to assume this pack is updated :D
I did notice that you change the Glowstone, Redstone Lamps, and BTW Light Blocks :)
I also noticed my Mattocks aren't drills anymore. :P
You also changed the Detector Block to a much less ornate design. Its much more plain looking now. I don't really know how I feel about it.

I'll be sure to check the thread title every time BTW gets an update. :)