Phase 5?

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Azdoine

Re: Phase 5?

Post by Azdoine »

I'm thinking Nether Pottery as well. FC said 'a new block type'. If it was, say some fancy new detector block, that wouldn't be a type of block. Pottery is a type of block.
However, XP-storage is part of Stage 1. We may have to wait a bit before we have that functionality.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

I'm thinking FC said with the last major release that he was delaying the release of some kind of xp-storage device to a later date, and that he had previously intended it to be nether-pottery.

But, you know, just a guess...
kregoth

Post by kregoth »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm thinking FC said with the last major release that he was delaying the release of some kind of xp-storage device to a later date, and that he had previously intended it to be nether-pottery.

Best guess ever! Also NEW block TYPE people :P Nether pottery isn't a new Type of Block lolz :P
FlowerChild wrote:My theory is that stupidity acts like an infectious organism on the net. Unless it's regularly pruned from your "garden", it will inevitably overwhelm it and kill off everything else.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

FlowerChild wrote:I'm thinking FC said with the last major release that he was delaying the release of some kind of xp-storage device to a later date, and that he had previously intended it to be nether-pottery.

What do you know? :)
STrRedWolf

Post by STrRedWolf »

Given there's bottles of XP already in vMC... I wonder how it would work out. Was there a thread for fleshing out the mechanics of this?
Thalarctia

Post by Thalarctia »

walker_boh_65 wrote:

Wasn't this the guy who suggested placenta and kept spamming about it? I really thought he had been banned...
Catox

Post by Catox »

Thalarctia wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:

Wasn't this the guy who suggested placenta and kept spamming about it? I really thought he had been banned...
Steve always respawns
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Steve always respawns
Steve ragequits too. Even eldritch immortals from beyond space and time are subject to the laws of Game Over.
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Catox wrote:
Thalarctia wrote:
walker_boh_65 wrote:

Steve always respawns

Planescape Torment style!

Way to go Steve!
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
Urian

Post by Urian »

Would that mean the ender dragon is Steve's mortality? And creepers are his libido?
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Urian wrote:Would that mean the ender dragon is Steve's mortality? And creepers are his libido?
it would explain the shape...
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh boy oh boy....

Ok, I'm getting excited. A lot of the separate design decisions that I've been making for the future of BTW seem to be coming together really fucking nicely right now.

I'm still busily at work on Phase 5 right now, and I'm very happy with the way it's coming together. As usual, I don't want to get into too many details, but I will say that I've always been kinda sad that while BTW has always supported the construction of mob-traps through various features, they've never really been part of the tech-tree.

That's about to change in a big way. I think in the past I was lacking confidence in that regard because Mojang seemed to constantly be trying to fuck with them, so I couldn't really rely on them being an ongoing part of MC. Also, with my uncertainty over making base-class mods the past couple of months, I felt rather powerless to do anything about it.

However, with the bold changes I finally decided to take over the past few releases to make sure that mob-traps remain an ongoing part of BTW, and me ditching the concept of BTW ever being a "plug-in", it's opened up a lot of design possibilities for me, and I'm very excited about the results. I think this is an area which most mods don't go near, with the mob trap being an extremely interesting part of advanced vanilla play (I would say it's one of the complex and most rewarding which is why Mojang's opposition to them has always bothered me), so I think it has the potential to bring a lot of unique gameplay and features to BTW.

Anyways, just to say, there's some very cool stuff coming, and I'm quite excited about it :)
Urian

Post by Urian »

Sweet, sounds good and like I perhaps should expand on my current mob trap a bit :p

Also, tease ;)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

>.>

<.<

*squeette*
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Urian wrote:Sweet, sounds good and like I perhaps should expand on my current mob trap a bit :p

Also, tease ;)
Hehe...always. But seriously, I am just genuinely excited. I was having a smoke and I had one of those "click" moments where a bunch of separate features I've been planning suddenly began to interrelate.

I'll be a further tease and say that the crucial part of the puzzle that clicked into place was:

Salt.

:)

As for the mob-traps, I've basically been sitting on the same one for about a year now, expanding the processing capabilities of it, but never really doing anything new with it or building any others.

That's about to change. I've got several different mob-traps that I am now planning.

Oh, and if you want something to do in preparation: build an Enderman farm. It's something I've never felt personally motivated to do before, given I never really saw the need. However, that's now near the top of my list for projects I want to complete in my own world ;)
Folrig

Post by Folrig »

And I've only just started my very first mob farm.
This...all of this...is just...wonky!
Ruinous

Post by Ruinous »

Oooh, I have something good to look forward to now! Cheers me up no end to see things coming together for you fc.
Urian

Post by Urian »

Soo... we will not only destroy our enemy The Ender Dragon but also raze his lands and salt the ground so nothing will grow, thereby limiting the spawning of endermen only to our traps which will by very efficient? How very Roman, it makes me want to bring out a fiddle the next time I have a hibachi too close to a wall in my wooden base :p

Thanks for the heads up about end farms, I haven't got one of those either and haven't even really looked into the various designs for them yet.
StormBeforeDawn

Post by StormBeforeDawn »

FlowerChild wrote: Salt.
Thoughts all? Knee jerk reaction has been "dur he added salt" Second thought kicked in and then I remembered gunpowder is a type of salt IIRC, and saltpeter certainly is a salt, and is primitive, natural type gunpowder. Could explosives/another use for gunpowder be needed? And no, I am not suggesting cannons, guns, and so forth. Although, player made vMC cannons are the reason I ever started building mob farms... IDK.
~Storm
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

FlowerChild wrote: Salt.

This must be related to the SFS armor being more useful (and deadly) in water... :)
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

StormBeforeDawn wrote: Thoughts all? Knee jerk reaction has been "dur he added salt" Second thought kicked in and then I remembered gunpowder is a type of salt IIRC, and saltpeter certainly is a salt, and is primitive, natural type gunpowder. Could explosives/another use for gunpowder be needed? And no, I am not suggesting cannons, guns, and so forth. Although, player made vMC cannons are the reason I ever started building mob farms... IDK.
Well...that would be salt peter actually, and it would interfere with the use of Tanned Leather Armor, so no, that's not it ;)

Good idea though. I may actually keep that one in mind for the future as the lack of uses for Gunpowder does indeed bother me, given that it's one of the primary resources produced by mob traps. Breaking it down into its components through some process never really occurred to me before now. We've already got carbon powder in abundance, but it opens up the possibility of sulfur and salt peter as resources.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Itamarcu wrote: This must be related to the SFS armor being more useful (and deadly) in water... :)
Hehe...smart man ;)
The great randomo

Post by The great randomo »

Rust....

:O
Chris Martin wrote:The morning is for sleeping.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I am sooo glad I finished my first mob trap right now. And now it is off to the end for the first time on this world.
And HOW!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

The great randomo wrote:Rust....

:O
So remember, children, never sit in a cauldron with your steel armor for too long, or else you'll rust and toss your milk.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.