An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
DaveYanakov

Re: An important hint on what's to come to help you prepare

Post by DaveYanakov »

BinoAl wrote:Yeah... Guys, it can only be the spawn point and the strongholds, Sarudak is right. What we need to be trying to figure out now is the significance of each point. Dungeons are spawned limitlessly, as are all the other ideas besides the spawn and the 3 strongholds. So, what do we know?
-The spawn is where steve (and every player, in smp) is inexplicably tied.
-Each stronghold has a portal to the end, and obviously, someone in the past found them powerful enough to build a fortress around them.

Now, interesting point: Each stronghold is generated 120 degrees from the next one, around the spawn. It creates an interesting formation. ;)
That's a fair point, are you saying that the strongholds would need to be harnessed in order to fully energize the span point nexus?
Better is the enemy of Good
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

DaveYanakov wrote: That's a fair point, are you saying that the strongholds would need to be harnessed in order to fully energize the span point nexus?
I'm trying not to make any real assertions, besides things we can say we know for sure :)
AddyBaha

Post by AddyBaha »

My idea of the 4 fixed points

-the first 3 are the stronghols
-the 4th neither have to be the spawn nor 0,0
-i think the 4th point might the geometrical center of the three strongholds and could only
been spotted after you build some thing at the strongholds or killed 666 wolves at each stronghold
or stuff like this...
MagikEh wrote:Placent Placenta Placenta! It's like beetle juice right?
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

You're still debating this instead of finding all three stronghold locations? :p
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:You're still debating this instead of finding all three stronghold locations? :p
Lol! I know, right? :)
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

Saves me from having to debate, reading this entire thread is MORE than enough =P

All I know is that I'll build minecart tracks to each of the strongholds from my house and to my original spawn. As to the importance, more than likely as previously pointed out we'll be building the structure FC showed off a little while ago. Most likely we are replacing end portals with FC's special structure which will have some functionality of interest to us. The result is a mystery, the information FC is telling us it occupy strongholds for imminent refurbishment.

This thread has been going in circles =S
FlowerChild wrote:By responding to this thread you have reserved your place in the next poll.

Your selflessness shall not be forgotten.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

MoRmEnGiL wrote:You're still debating this instead of finding all three stronghold locations? :p

I'm working on it! But I come here occasionally. Since the hint. I found my first stronghold. Beat the enderdragon. Came back with about 30 pearls and converted them to ender eyes. I'm about ready to go hunting for the other two strongholds. It shouldn't take me too long.

Btw. First time I 'beat' the game. Super lame ending and the enderdragon seemed completely unable to hurt be other than pushing me off of pillars.
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

AddyBaha wrote:My idea of the 4 fixed points

-the first 3 are the stronghols
-the 4th neither have to be the spawn nor 0,0
-i think the 4th point might the geometrical center of the three strongholds and could only
been spotted after you build some thing at the strongholds or killed 666 wolves at each stronghold
or stuff like this...
BinoAl wrote:Now, interesting point: Each stronghold is generated 120 degrees from the next one, around the spawn. It creates an interesting formation. ;)
Doesn't that mean that the the spawn point IS the geometrical center of the three strongholds? Or am I understanding this wrong?
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Sarudak wrote:Btw. First time I 'beat' the game. Super lame ending and the enderdragon seemed completely unable to hurt be other than pushing me off of pillars.
Hehe...I hear you. I think the first time I beat the game resulted in a very long "wtf?" thread :)

The "boss battle" is super-lame and trivially easy, even with just vanilla gear. As I think I put it back then, it struck me as a tech-demo for a big flying thing in MC, rather than any kind of real game feature.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

FlowerChild wrote: Hehe...I hear you. I think the first time I beat the game resulted in a very long "wtf?" thread :)

The "boss battle" is super-lame and trivially easy, even with just vanilla gear. As I think I put it back then, it struck me as a tech-demo for a big flying thing in MC, rather than any kind of real game feature.
Man. Seriously! And of course they haven't come back to fix any of it. The dragon was atrociously easy. And then they had this big long exposition about something or another trying to be all metaphysical about the game. It didn't really fly for me. Especially when i didn't feel like I had even accomplished anything. I felt much more satisfaction finally getting my auto wheat farm working than I did beating the enderdragon. Heck! I got more satisfaction making my auto hemp farm. :P
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

I'm currently trying to locate my strongholds and secure them. I have one down and two to go, it's a bit of a pain in the ass beacause I traveled a stupid distance away from my spawn before I settled on an area for my base.

My priorities right now are enhancing my SFS production as I have already cleared out two large areas that are both location possibilities for the machine, extending my nether network two all three strongholds (my railway currently goes directly to spawn and from there will press on to my first stronghold) and securing a facility around my spawn and each stronghold I locate.

I'm sort of wondering if these beings that built the strongholds are extinct or not, if perhaps they may have noticed Steve entering the world.
duartemad

Post by duartemad »

orangeweaver wrote:I'm currently trying to locate my strongholds and secure them. I have one down and two to go, it's a bit of a pain in the ass beacause I traveled a stupid distance away from my spawn before I settled on an area for my base.

My priorities right now are enhancing my SFS production as I have already cleared out two large areas that are both location possibilities for the machine, extending my nether network two all three strongholds (my railway currently goes directly to spawn and from there will press on to my first stronghold) and securing a facility around my spawn and each stronghold I locate.

I'm sort of wondering if these beings that built the strongholds are extinct or not, if perhaps they may have noticed Steve entering the world.
My priority is GETTING to steel :S
FlowerChild wrote:
Ph1il93 wrote:and it seems 1.4.6 is comming.
Excuse me for a moment while I say:

Fuck.
orangeweaver

Post by orangeweaver »

duartemad wrote: My priority is GETTING to steel :S
Baha. =p You will get there. I finished automating some things in the past few weeks and am seeing glaring errors in some designs that I would like to clean up. One being the way I grind netherrack is a bit atrocious. I've decided that I should set aside one of the larger areas I dug out in my base for a fully automated start to finish SFS machine, getting my elevator to work properly finally ( built everything but had a ton of trouble getting it to go in both directions and not get stuck) and probably start working on another base around my spawn that cleans up a lot of the designs.

We'll see what happens!
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

Well I found all the strongholds. That wasn't nearly as difficult as I was afraid it was going to be...
Azdoine

Post by Azdoine »

Sarudak wrote:Well I found all the strongholds. That wasn't nearly as difficult as I was afraid it was going to be...
Hah, I always have a problem collecting the enderpearls, but after the first enderfarm, no troubles.

At this point we can be reasonably sure that the three points are the strongholds and the spawn. In any eventuality, I'm going to begin preparation for the construction of 3 new fully fledged fortresses, then wait and see.
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

duartemad wrote:This tells it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMGsRmZTFQ

Time to start building bases on everything I consider the locations
omg! hehe that made me cry
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
Zen Proclivities

Post by Zen Proclivities »

BinoAl wrote:Now, interesting point: Each stronghold is generated 120 degrees from the next one, around the spawn. It creates an interesting formation. ;)
This I did not know and I was just wondering a second ago if the strongholds hinted at any specific shape. From the wiki, it says that strongholds form those angles from the origin (not spawn), so if they do intersect at 0,0, this may hint at the possibility that the fourth point is not the spawn but the center of the world. Possibly.
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

Hi,

let's get some fun :o)
Spoiler
Show
I made some experiments on every map is a geometric center nearby to 0,0 point, only +- 40 blocks (That's probably my mistake for drawing) It is very interesting :o) no ?

Same map, but little bit bigger
Spoiler
Show
Mushroom Island is not a rare islam, it is a biome and biom not rare point or place that same Village and mob spawner.

:o)

program I used to picture: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/626 ... ct-finder/
Czech Republic :)
DaveYanakov

Post by DaveYanakov »

I've tried using that program. It's not accurate with 1.2.5 in any way that I can tell. There are never villages where it claims they will be found and even the biomes themselves are off by quite a bit. There are also some seeds that will cycle you between random locations when creating the world rather than starting you at the same point every time. I'm not sure if the important area will be true spawn or the point you spawned for that iteration of the world in those cases.
Better is the enemy of Good
Samorost

Post by Samorost »

You're right but stronghold is on right place, point 0,0 is on right place (I test it)

And this sentence is right too.
"Mushroom Island is not a rare islam, it is a biome and biom not rare point or place that same Village and mob spawner."
Czech Republic :)
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Samorost wrote:Hi,

let's get some fun :o)
Spoiler
Show
I made some experiments on every map is a geometric center nearby to 0,0 point, only +- 40 blocks (That's probably my mistake for drawing) It is very interesting :o) no ?

I'll get the sacrifices :D

also:
notice any similarities between the layout of the strongholds and this one?

(anyone who doesn't know, they''re transmutation circles from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, the top one sacrifices everyone in the circle to turn the person in the centre into a sentient philosophers stone.
the second is a human transmutation circle for bringing people back to life... for the right price)

my theory: we need to build four devices, one at each stronghold, and one at the centre, the outer ones funnel power to the inner one and the inner one... does something... (and for effect, kills all living things in the area :P)
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Of course this hint would come after I leave for a business trip while my flash drive with my main save sits forgotten in my desktop 1800 miles away. Grrr, well this all looks very interesting and I will have to find all three strongholds as soon as I get back!
Flesh_Engine

Post by Flesh_Engine »

Looks like a Led Zeppelin album cover to me :p

I started a new world since i fooked up my last one :(
"An engine of flesh can do that..." // "Man feed Machine. Machine feed Man..."
LJEKadeshi

Post by LJEKadeshi »

FlowerChild wrote:
Lol! I know, right? :)
Guys just want to point out if you missed this, but FlowerChild blatantly admitted that the strongholds are the three other points plus spawn. (Back to lurker mode.)
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

Even though I've made it to the New Age a few months ago, I never finished the game. I have lots of items, I almost finished collecting all the resources for The Thing, yet I haven't made it to The End. I almost never find Endermen at all, and when I do they usually don't drop ender pearls. Except for the 12 Ender Eyes needed to complete the portal, there is also a need to find the stronghold - which is very resource-consuming (at least 10 more eyes from my experiences).
I would love to make an enderman farm, but that's only feasable inside The End itself.

Is there an easier way of collecting all those ender pearls? I don't want to waste my time searching for endermen and hunting them. This isn't a quest game.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/