A Place to go to offer Help

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
diegokilla

A Place to go to offer Help

Post by diegokilla »

So after listening to Blithen's and Battosay's interview of FC, one thing that really bothered me is the fact that people offering to help FC eventually became an *destructive* pursuit.
Thus, I am making this thread as a place to go for us, the end-users and non-turtles to offer our help in whatever aspect we can/would like to help. This is not a place to get a job/make money/receive extra pats on the back. This is simply a place to go if you have some sort of expertise that you believe may benefit this mod and/or this mod's community.
The intent for this thread is simply to compile these offers into one easy to read place, so that IF... I'll say it again in big bright red letters:
IF FC or one of the *upper* members of the community needs some form of help, they can come here and find someone who is offering said help.

I'll kick it off with by starting a standard format:

- The type of help you are offering

(insert the following in spoiler)
-Your expertise in said field
-Resources to accomodate said help
-Expamle of your work
(end spoiler)

And here are some offers from me:

Multiplayer server hosting (When and IF FC decides to implement)
Spoiler
Show
-APPRX 10 months of experience in hosting vanilla minecraft servers, as well as bukkit. Specializing in customizing plugins for unique applications.
-Dedicated 24/7 server with bandwith to accomodate up to 40ish players
-http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/380 ... __hl__ikol
Tutorial video creation
Spoiler
Show
-Several videos (including tutorials)
-Fraps+ various video editing programs
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iib_W2mRai0
If this thread is unwanted then a flying turtle or someone please let me know and I'll take it down.
Also please limit posts in this thread to actual offers. If you have something to say about the thread itself, please contact me via PM, rather than posting in this thread. This will limit the amount of clutter that the turtles have to sift through if they are looking for some sort of help.
Last edited by diegokilla on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwilt

Re: A Place to go to offer Help

Post by Kwilt »

Not to be a dreamkill or a killjoy, but your pursuit will most likely be fruitless on the Flower end. :P
He's repeatedly turned down help left and right for nearly every aspect of the mod.
Unless he receives a fairly massive object to the correct area of the cranium, I doubt he'll be in here.

However, for the Turtles, I'm not so sure. So with that, I'll take my leave and see how this flows.
Adieu.

Image (<--------------- Click me to watch live!)
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Application Testing
Spoiler
Show
-Current test lead for Microsoft in their Xbox testing departments, with a total of four years experience.
-I do have my name credited on a few games, but I will share that privately if you wish to know.
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
Fracture

Post by Fracture »

As I recall, FC tends to frown on general-purpose threads like this. If someone needs help, they can ask for it with a thread, and anyone who can help will. Alternatively, encourage people to list their credentials on their profile or sig to ensure that people get certifiably good help?
Abracadabra, you're an idiot.