My latest build

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
Starshifterxen

Re: My latest build

Post by Starshifterxen »

Booooooo! It looks nothing like a Phallus!

And the title should read: "My latest build. Should I continue?"

(Back with a Phallus referrence...Bliss...)
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

There are questions unanswerd in Mc: where does the enderdrgon comes from (I know, from the end, but the end looks just like a jail for the dragon.) ? Is he really a phoenix like monster that needs the souls to grow and rebirth(even if hatched from an egg with a giant placenta) Do we need the egg, a pure dragon orb, for this? I'm very excited about the next big update.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Battlecat

Post by Battlecat »

It is elegant in it's simplicity and yet the tiny details hidden in the background show promise for so much more.

My curiosity is piqued.
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

Elevatator wrote:There are questions unanswerd in Mc: where does the enderdrgon comes from (I know, from the end, but the end looks just like a jail for the dragon.) ? Is he really a phoenix like monster that needs the souls to grow and rebirth(even if hatched from an egg with a giant placenta) Do we need the egg, a pure dragon orb, for this? I'm very excited about the next big update.
I really like where you're going with this. Makes me think that maybe instead of a portal it is an "egg charger" that will enable us to respawn the enderdragon over and over. Hence the reason why they are called dragon orbs.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

here is another option. Steve went to the overworld of his own free will. Perhaps he is the most evil in his own world, but not the most powerful. He Went to the Overworld with the express purpose of harnessing the power of the enderdragon. and how better to do that than by enslaving it's soul and body for your own purposes?
And HOW!
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Anyone notice that many ideas remembers at the diablo franchise ?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Because I am such a benevolent overlord (I know...I know...I'm just TOO good), I will provide you guys with a small hint:

You might want to revisit your assumptions. Some false statements have been made in this thread that may be leading you guys down the garden path.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

FlowerChild wrote:Because I am such a benevolent overlord (I know...I know...I'm just TOO good), I will provide you guys with a small hint:

You might want to revisit your assumptions. Some false statements have been made in this thread that may be leading you guys down the garden path.
Have you by any chance said any of these false statements?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

FlowerChild wrote:Because I am such a benevolent overlord (I know...I know...I'm just TOO good), I will provide you guys with a small hint:

are you implying that this thread contains a... *dons sunglasses* phallusy?

YEEEAAAHHHHHH!

(yes I have been waiting all day to use that pun)
BigShinyToys

Post by BigShinyToys »

[RANDOM GUESS]
so it is not a portal, it must be a spawner. maybe it spawns enders they are afraid of water (the pistons could be holding back water.)

conclusion automated xp from enders
[/RANDOM GUESS]

I relay got no clue but I cant wait to run in fear upon flicking that switch he he
Ulfengaard

Post by Ulfengaard »

omgtransmogrify

What if it turns Steve into an entirely different creature? FC put all his stuff in a container because it wouldn't fit his new demonic avatar!

No new dimension, folks. The 30-some new Block IDs are for all the new stuff you can only be and do as a Demonic Spiky-Chitinous Overlord.

It is SO on.
Awfulcopter wrote:...nothing says harmony with nature better than leaves that bleed. AMIRITE?
dawnraider wrote:I think we need to stop asking how stupid people can be. I think they're starting to take it as a challenge :)
Siege Wizard

Post by Siege Wizard »

Well looking at the image, I would say that the purple particles aren't fron and enderman, but from a nether portal (there is a dark corner of a block in the top left of the image that may be obxidian)

A closer look to the wall opposite to the piston allowed me to see that there are simetrical pistons placed like the ones that we can actually see. This pistons are power, so when unpowered something may flow through them (water or lava as oil is only able in BTB and i dont think this has nothing to be with it), assuming it's water, as the dimensions of the square are 9x9 the flow will get to the mid, assuming that is lava, does it goes as far as water? I've never tried that.

The torch that we can see in the top of the picture is vertically aligned with the one just below it. This means that, very likely, the smoothstone is over the bricks and no further away so there cant be any fluid coming from there, whats lead us to a flow that ends in a line in the middle and not a single point over the diamond block. Did that make any sense?

Watching the mid part, I would say that there is a 2 high space from a diamond block to the other, this could be relevant, remember that enderman are 3 high.

There is a last detail more difficult to get when observing it. Some of the stone bricks of the floor are mossy! This makes me think in an spawner. There could actually be one below the diamond block as it is floating one block over the floor. Also the piston gates that we can see could be to allow spiders go through and the ones that we can't see could be 2 high doors for others mobs that will make me think in a dragon orb farm.

Well that's all the objetive info i could take from the image, I have some very unprobable ideas as a dragon orb farm to grow a dragon egg but remember that if he has set a nether portal over there, he will probably be needing something from the nether (he actually wants to add more nether dependency, that well known).
Elevatator

Post by Elevatator »

For me it seems to be a 5*5*5 cube, so that the middle is three blocks high. But I can think of an other use: A endstone generator. Thats what would be needed if endstone comes into the tech tree.

@Raust: Don't forget that he's the devils advocat.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣦⡀
⠀⠀⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦
⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣷⣄
⠀⣼⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣧
⣰⣿⣿⣿⡀⠀⢀⣴⣾⠿⣵⣦⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠙⢿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠈⠛⠁⠀⠈⠁⠀⣠⣿⣿⡏
⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣀⢀⣀⣠⣾⣿⣿⡿
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡥⠤⠒⣢
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣽⣿⣿⡿⠿⠿⠛⠉⠁⣀⣤⣶⠟⠁
⠀⠀⢴⣭⣥⣶⣾⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣤⣤⣤⣤⣤⣼⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

Several people have mentioned the mossy stone bricks and how that must mean that there is a spawner or that it is in a nether fortress, but I would like to remind you all that with the latest release, FC added the ability to create mossy brick by having water drip on it. That means that the mossy brick was regular brick when he placed it and there was definitely water above the glass at some point that dripped and made the brick mossy.
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

skrat6009 wrote:Several people have mentioned the mossy stone bricks and how that must mean that there is a spawner or that it is in a nether fortress, but I would like to remind you all that with the latest release, FC added the ability to create mossy brick by having water drip on it. That means that the mossy brick was regular brick when he placed it and there was definitely water above the glass at some point that dripped and made the brick mossy.
No it can be mined and replaced, can't it?
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:No it can be mined and replaced, can't it?
That is true, but why would he place some regular and some mossy? And the space between the two diamond blocks is definitely three blocks high, you can tell by counting the stone bricks on the walls.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

RaustBlackDragon wrote:
skrat6009 wrote:Several people have mentioned the mossy stone bricks and how that must mean that there is a spawner or that it is in a nether fortress, but I would like to remind you all that with the latest release, FC added the ability to create mossy brick by having water drip on it. That means that the mossy brick was regular brick when he placed it and there was definitely water above the glass at some point that dripped and made the brick mossy.
No it can be mined and replaced, can't it?
although, it would fit the "fluid behind the pistons" idea, as well as the possibility that if the reaction between redstone and steel was chemical, it could be affected by water, not enough to wash the charged redstone away, but enough to make the reaction work faster
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

You know we have been assuming the pistons release water or lava. What if they don't? What else fits in a 1x space? Yes my friends, FC had given us a new way to torture pigs and chickens. Or a way to harvest their xp with this contraption.
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

skrat6009 wrote:
RaustBlackDragon wrote:No it can be mined and replaced, can't it?
That is true, but why would he place some regular and some mossy? And the space between the two diamond blocks is definitely three blocks high, you can tell by counting the stone bricks on the walls.
Because young one, fc is a tease and enjoys messing with our heads. He could have put them there on purpose just to screw with us.
skrat6009

Post by skrat6009 »

SterlingRed wrote: Because young one, fc is a tease and enjoys messing with our heads. He could have put them there on purpose just to screw with us.
Ok, good point.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

Its a soul shower for steve. not only must he consume souls, he must also bathe in them.

Honestly i doubt its a portal, FC reuses Sound and particle effects a lot, you are reading too much into them.
Sarudak
Site Admin

Post by Sarudak »

I will go ahead and say the the false statement is most likely mine that it is a teleporter. If this is for the part 1 of the prereleases it can't be a teleporter to a new dimension because he won't be able to add the new dimension that he's making (my assumption) until the new block ids come out. And so that won't come until part 3 or the release after part 3. This device then must be something else although I can't fathom what.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Like, he would build this bellow his mobtrap, and unleash a stream of dragon orbs to *power* the SFS Portal?
Maybe ^^

XP bottler is quite an appealing idea too :)
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

if it isn't a portal, could it potentially be a storm machine?
the video showing this...thing, caused lightning strike sounds when it was activated, and a few patches before, FC added the ability to overcharge things in storms.
Nexus Trimean

Post by Nexus Trimean »

"Atmospheric Ionization Engine?" YES PLEASE!!!!!

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20071205

Its slightly Random as its in the middle of a huge story arc in the comic.