Archimedes' screw using turntable

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
uberdreww

Re: Archimedes' screw using turntable

Post by uberdreww »

I am having trouble with the turntable, the turntable will only turn the two blocks right above it, please help.
Sky_Som

Post by Sky_Som »

uberdreww wrote:I am having trouble with the turntable, the turntable will only turn the two blocks right above it, please help.
Flower changed it so that the turntable only turns two blocks now.
Minecraft Name:Sky_Som
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

But you don't need more than 2 blocks. Just look at Glox design, the video of Riveter, or my Block Dispenser tutorial map, there's an example of it :
http://www.mediafire.com/?oltvebo2emmic4r
KriiEiter

Post by KriiEiter »

Battosay wrote:But you don't need more than 2 blocks. Just look at Glox design, the video of Riveter, or my Block Dispenser tutorial map, there's an example of it :
http://www.mediafire.com/?oltvebo2emmic4r
Yeah I love this design, it's really going to help with making my automated wheat farm =D. Finally an easy way to refill seeds to BDs.
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

I'll make video showing how it's built in the morning (it's 2 am here), it's really quite easy if you look closely at Glox's pictures. Sorry the first video is so dark, the new one will be built above ground. The hardest part is timing the torches. Put two blocks on the turn table, and 2 torches next to, and above/below each other so they are all touching(2 on each block). the awesome thing with Glox's way of powering it is once you have the bottom built it can be expanded up as high as you want. I'm also going to try to build one using pistons to make it easier to get early in a new world.
I'm glad everyone is liking this, I'll try to come up with some new stuff soon!
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

awesome idea, i've got it working except for 1 minor detail..
no matter what block i use to 'lift' the loot, it doesn't do anything.
i've used glass, light block, wool, stone, dirt...
all that happens is the items 'disappear' while the block is there, but they're still there when the block disappears.
this is the bottom dp by the way..
i have it setup just like the one Glox shows in his pictures except of course the blocks are filled in so theres just the center empty...
Riveter

Post by Riveter »

myrrdan wrote:awesome idea, i've got it working except for 1 minor detail..
no matter what block i use to 'lift' the loot, it doesn't do anything.
i've used glass, light block, wool, stone, dirt...
all that happens is the items 'disappear' while the block is there, but they're still there when the block disappears.
this is the bottom dp by the way..
i have it setup just like the one Glox shows in his pictures except of course the blocks are filled in so theres just the center empty...
Sorry I haven't had time to post a build video yet, had a family thing come up. Could you post a screenshot of your build? Don't use glass or any other non-opaque block for the screw, they allow the items to be pushed aside rather than up.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Or try to delay the signal between the two redstone sending the signal the BD on the left/on the right.

Edit : Not sure if you'll understand what I mean, so :
http://youtu.be/_2RVXloPyCY?t=10m15s

You can see what I mean here, and even download the map to check it out by yourself, the link is in the description.
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

i finally got it working, it was the timer on the turntable.
I also realized that it will only got 7 high, the 8th block for some reason will not push anything up...
I'm using wool in the dispensers but the 8th dispenser will not do anything.
Water flowing past picks up all the goods when the 7th one pushes them up.
Works great. cept for the 7 limit, though that would be easier to get around by making a series of them to lift from whatever level its in .
:)
Glox

Post by Glox »

myrrdan wrote:i finally got it working, it was the timer on the turntable.
I also realized that it will only got 7 high, the 8th block for some reason will not push anything up...
I'm using wool in the dispensers but the 8th dispenser will not do anything.
Water flowing past picks up all the goods when the 7th one pushes them up.
Works great. cept for the 7 limit, though that would be easier to get around by making a series of them to lift from whatever level its in .
:)
Are you sure you didn't do something wrong with that 8th BD? I can't think of any reason why it would stop at the 7th BD unless some error snuck up in the building process. After the first 2 levels or so it's pretty modular, so it would be weird if it would just stop working at a certain level. Could you maybe give a few pictures of your setup?
myrrdan

Post by myrrdan »

ah ok, i'll take another look at it, i figured it was modular too thats why i was confused lol
but hey, thats what i get for building it so late lol

EDIT:

ok, figured it out, had glass beside the top block, so it wouldn't go up, would go to the side.
replaced 2 glass blocks at the top with wood & works :)
wonder if it can be used to push chickens around LoL :)