I bought a video card just to play Minecraft

This forum is for anything that doesn't specifically have to do with Better Than Wolves
Mattaccount

I bought a video card just to play Minecraft

Post by Mattaccount »

More precisely I bought a video card when BTW 3.7 came out because optifine became incompatable... what the hell is wrong with me?

Sure mincraft with BTW lagged like a mofo at a MILF convetion and yes optifine did help with my framerate but you'd think that getting a graphics card for a game would be for a new high end one, not Minecraft. So I thought I'd share this story in the hopes of fostering new comradre within the community by asking you all to do the same. How many people have sacrificed for the love of this game?
Miss_Kat

Re: I bought a video card just to play Minecraft

Post by Miss_Kat »

Man, I did the same exact thing last year. lol If you dug deep down in the MCF thread you could probably find me talking about it back in November or something.

I figure so long as I get a shit ton of use out of it, it wasn't a completely ridiculous thing to do.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Yeah, I'll probably replace all of the core components soon.

For BTW! For Minecraft!
Panda

Post by Panda »

I completely upgrade my pc twice a year, but i make 700 or so a week so its not really a sacrifice. : )
Never say no to Panda.
Poppycocks

Post by Poppycocks »

Panda wrote:I completely upgrade my pc twice a year, but i make 700 or so a week so its not really a sacrifice. : )
Lol, I do 850 but still can't afford.
BinoAl

Post by BinoAl »

Lucky bastards... ~150$ a week ^.^;
Of course, I'm living with my parents who are cool with me not paying rent since I'm in college, so... yay?
SterlingRed

Post by SterlingRed »

Poppycocks wrote:
Panda wrote:I completely upgrade my pc twice a year, but i make 700 or so a week so its not really a sacrifice. : )
Once you factor in housing payments, car payments, taxes, food, gas, student loans, girlfriend, etc, what seems like a lot, isn't much at all.

Having said that, I might look into updating mine as well. Even though I shouldn't. It's been two years...
Panda

Post by Panda »

Poppycocks wrote:
Lol Contractor and house restoration, you?
Never say no to Panda.
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

I was just thinking about what I would do when I get a nice computer. and my general plan was to get a kickass computer and play minecraft on it. I figure That I would much prefer minecraft working at 110% than a really "cool" game working at 75% or whatever.
And HOW!
FaceFoiled

Post by FaceFoiled »

Gargantuan_Penguin wrote:That I would much prefer minecraft working at 110% than a really "cool" game working at 75% or whatever.
I'd say Minecraft is a pretty cool game. :P
Gargantuan_Penguin

Post by Gargantuan_Penguin »

FaceFoiled wrote:I'd say Minecraft is a pretty cool game. :P
hence the quotes. I was thinking of the mainstream cool. Cool graphics Cool explosions Cool fanservice you get the idea.
And HOW!
Camerinthus

Post by Camerinthus »

Yeah, I need to rebuild buy a new computer over the summer. I'm getting a summer job, so I should have enough money (~$600-$700) to get a decent gaming computer by August or something. I currently have an ATI Radeon 9000... which is like 9-10 years old.
IGN: Camerinthus