New Release! (BTW V3.70)

A place to talk to other users about the mod.
HighMongrel

Re: New Release! (BTW V3.70)

Post by HighMongrel »

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. By the way, the added sound to the SFS boots is a nice touch.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

HighMongrel wrote:Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. By the way, the added sound to the SFS boots is a nice touch.
Ah, we have our first Soulforged-related discovery ;)
HighMongrel

Post by HighMongrel »

FlowerChild wrote: Ah, we have our first Soulforged-related discovery ;)
Well I've found 2 others as well, but I think I'll let others find them for themselves at this point. No sense in spoiling things too early. That one was entirely aesthetic though, so I thought I might as well mention it.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

HighMongrel wrote: Well I've found 2 others as well, but I think I'll let others find them for themselves at this point. No sense in spoiling things too early. That one was entirely aesthetic though, so I thought I might as well mention it.
Feel free to create a spoiler-discussion thread if you'd like to talk about them man.
FlowerChild
Site Admin

Post by FlowerChild »

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: as an amusing aside with this release, I realized while working on it that I was basically altering the back-story of the game to turn the MC world into the EnderDragon's gigantic mob-trap.

I was just kinda struck by the irony of that considering I was also doing all this work on revitalizing mob-traps for Steve within the game. Turns out this release was both functionally and thematically related to mob-traps :)
Pentagram

Post by Pentagram »

FlowerChild wrote:-Changed vanilla animal and monster AI so that they will wander regardless of the range to the player. This effectively fixes Mob traps being disabled with distance (assuming the corresponding chunks aren't unloaded).
My favourite part
walker_boh_65 wrote:And, update 4-20? So that means hemp is now smokable, right? :P
embirrim

Post by embirrim »

Wow FC. Very good job. I've never been much into mob traps but I'm going to work on one for sure know.
Big pity about optifine, I'd just started using it and it was improving my FPS a lot really. So I gather we can't use it anymore? When I install I'll give a list of overwritten base classes.
walker_boh_65

Post by walker_boh_65 »

Now I have something great to look forward to when I can home latter today. This is an awesome release FC, Automated XP farms, cooble-->gravel, and fixed mob traps. Thanks so much for this one FC.
Donzaffi

Post by Donzaffi »

Awesome Update, no more chest full of bows :D
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative

HIgh Res Texturepack ............43% done
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

YEE! :D

the changes to plate are interesting :P

was it just a fun one off thing or is it a hint towards something major?
Spoiler
Show
I'm guessing that this was the "it will probably kill everyone at least once" thing you mentioned?
Ruinous

Post by Ruinous »

Thank you FC, your a star! (in my thickest yorkshire accent :)

I've been hoping for automated soul harvesting since there was the big soul-anus thread.

Its a shame Optifine's compatibility has been further reduced, as I kind of need it for a reasonable FPS
(damn crappy dell laptop), on that note, does anyone know of some other FPS optimiser which IS compaitble
with this version of BTW?
Last edited by Ruinous on Thu May 31, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panda

Post by Panda »

YAY thank you for the release, i woke up and super sqweed!
Just one question, i cant seem to find the texture for the dragon orbs and what it the texture you added next to the iron bars? It looks like nether sludge...?
Never say no to Panda.
Calcifire3691

Post by Calcifire3691 »

Panda wrote:YAY thank you for the release, i woke up and super sqweed!
Just one question, i cant seem to find the texture for the dragon orbs and what it the texture you added next to the iron bars? It looks like nether sludge...?
and the green thing on the other next? slime?

*not sure if FC forgot to remove, or deliberately leaving hints*
Itamarcu

Post by Itamarcu »

An excellent update, as always :)

Just a question: Why did you make mining charges create gravel, instead of dynamites? They seem to be less powerful so that would fit better IMO.
You know what you should read? Worm. Here you go: https://parahumans.wordpress.com/catego ... tion/1-01/
Panda

Post by Panda »

Calcifire3691 wrote:
Panda wrote:YAY thank you for the release, i woke up and super sqweed!
and the green thing on the other next? slime?

*not sure if FC forgot to remove, or deliberately leaving hints*
Thats grass for grass planters
Never say no to Panda.
ThatOneDude

Post by ThatOneDude »

AMAZING update! :)
Finally, my mob traps will work again!
Thank you!
Quality comes before quantity.
Battosay

Post by Battosay »

Bordel de merde, putain que c'est bon ! :)

AWESOME update man ! Really excited about this one.
Mobtraps back to what they really were ?
The beginning of automated XP farms ?
Annnnnd a way to get much more sand, which can be automated in a super cool way ?

One of my favorite BTW update so far :)

Agreed on the mining charge on cobble item form thing btw, that's really too much, and defeat the purpose of automation. Looks like doing so many cool stuff on that release was too much for your brain, it had to fart a bit at the end :p

Still curious about the new SFS properties though, as I didn't get a chance to test it yet ^^
Adjudicator79

Post by Adjudicator79 »

This is so amazingly timely, FC! I literally, last night, just finished setting up a saw trap for a wonderful three spawners (2 skellies and 1 zombie) in a 39 block radius I found. I literally have a single block that I can stand on that puts me in triggering range of all three! Now I can automate the XP gathering, exclude those pesky bows the skellies drop (though I'll need to figure out what to do about the shovels, helmets, etc from the zombies, hmmm) and rake in the items! Hooray for a reason to leave minecraft running in afk again while I'm away at work!

Excellent job as always, mate!
Urian

Post by Urian »

My first traditional mob farm since Mojang worked their weird sorcery on the mobs has been built! :D It was surprisingly fun and definitely made me nostalgic for the good old days. I do kinda think that FC missed a golden opportunity (soon to be-pun intended) with the way xp is ejected from the hopper though. If it was more yellow-gold ish he would not only have made us play with scat but also made it so that the way we grow stronger is by taking a golden shower.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea
RaustBlackDragon

Post by RaustBlackDragon »

Haven't tried the update yet, I just woke up, and I'm guessing I'll need to do some... stuff... to make sure one of my existing mods doesn't crash with it.

It looks great though!

One observation: if dragon orbs can't be picked up by the player, that would mean there'd be no way to interact with them at all, and no way to move them either, so they'd pretty much have to be filtered where they fall, or where water can reach them.

What's their life span? Unless I'm missing a crucial detail (likely, since I haven't tested it out myself, as I said), it seems like dragon orbs don't have much need for sticking around longer than 10 seconds, which would help prevent lag.
What's the price of freedom now?
Can you cut me a deal?
A crate of wholesale liberty,
or a justice combo meal?
Dirdle

Post by Dirdle »

I cannot overstate how cool it is that you've brought back (simple) mob-grinders, FC. It is hyper-wonderful. Superfect. Ultrawesome. Portmanteautiful. Wait, not that one.
What Strange Devices!
morvelaira

Post by morvelaira »

Of course, my dear, you had to release this the eve before I start working again long hours. ;)

Hell or high water, there will be an update video for this one. A new sub version number is MORE than deserving. The big question I'd love input on though is if I should include the discovered special properties of soulforged steel armor or just hint that there's something to find. Also, FC, taking a look at the spoiler thread, is there still more to discover, or is it already covered?
She-who-bears the right of Prima Squee-ti
I make BTW videos! http://www.youtube.com/user/morvelaira
The kitten is traumatized by stupid. Please stop abusing the kitten.
MoRmEnGiL

Post by MoRmEnGiL »

It was about time we got rid of punching masses of mobs :]

Great stuff, although I'm a bit curious if there is supposed to be a visual representation of xp inside hoppers, because it appears empty, until I power it, at which time xp orbs drop below like normal. Also at some point, the hopper was apparently full, since dragon orbs just piled up on top of it, but it seemed empty inside.

Now the gravel stuff is only very very welcome, I build out of sandstone mainly :P

On the rare drop issue, do spider eyes blaze rods etc drop when mobs die of "natural" causes too, or is it restricted to bows iron ingots etc, and those drops only drop if you kill them yourself?

And lastly, on the mob behaviour thing.. I had just _finally_ decided upon a mob trap design, and you go ahead and change everything up :P Well, with this change the design doesn't matter all that much anymore, plus mob traps are unnerfed, so it's a win-win situation :]

I have to say though, I don't really like some of the SFS changes, for reasons I detailed in the relevant thread. Oh well. I can live with that.

Oh, and the trivialization of iron is a bit sad, as it is a good 40% of what you mine, and vMC has pretty much made that pointless anyhow.. Iron golem farms are a way more cool way to farm iron, but they can be lag inducing..
War..
War never changes.

Remember what the dormouse said
Deepsniper

Post by Deepsniper »

I can't believe I made myself go to bed to miss this update... Holy cow FC!!! I'm just speachless...
Urian

Post by Urian »

Take the discussion about optifine to the tech support forum. This thread is for the new release, not getting it to work with other mods.
FlowerChild: Ice in deserts is a good idea